*** WHATS THE BEST COLOUR MR2 ***

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Steve Horrocks

Re: *** WHATS THE BEST COLOUR MR2 ***

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Simply got to be Mica Beige
ImageImage

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
korean

Post by korean »

Goto10 wrote:I've seen this question umpteen times over the years - the topic title may as well read "What colour is your MR2?"

your spot on there mate :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

Pete J wrote:Gotta be an enthusiast thing... 3rd in thread.

Say no to boring colours :mrgreen:

love your ride hight what size are your wheels and what are you running on suspension looks very nice indeed matey and a lovely colour :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Pete J

Post by Pete J »

nofearmadbiker wrote:
love your ride hight what size are your wheels and what are you running on suspension looks very nice indeed matey and a lovely colour :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Cheers :thumleft:

Wheels are Rays MS-01 17x8 et 29 front and 17x9 et 28 rear.

Suspension is Tein Superstreet coilovers set at 45mm.

(also further up the thread was a Q about the lenses... I Tinted the indicator section with Foliatec tint spray.)
robbo

Post by robbo »

PeterRST wrote:
robbo wrote:ok guys n girls i remember a thread i was on once about people saying what they thought was the best colour for mr2,s so i thought it would be great to hear peoples opinions and the reasons why not add some pics as well, #-o
i will start it off with my car and i like the colour of mine because it dark and its like a petrol blue in the day and looks black at night, \:D/
heres some pics,
[/img]

Robbo, when I've been to Southampton a few weeks ago, I saw an MR2 very similar to yours. Same colour and a Tubby aswell. Wonder if it was yours? :D

Would have taken a photo but didn't wanna look like a car thief or anything. ;)

hi to you all and thanks WOW what a response one thing i will say in my opinion is most colours look great also with different colours wheels i think part of it must be that the mr2 is such a great looking car, \:D/
and thanks for the pics theres some real nice 2s, keep sending those pics guys n girls its nice to see how people have personally created there mr,s :mrgreen:

hi pete it could well of been me i work in southampton docks but i only live 15 minutes drive from the main centre if i had seen you in your mr i would have waved cos i always do :thumleft:
LIFE,S FOR LIVING *BUT MR,S ARE FOR DRIVING*
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

My present 2 is red, but I'd have to go for black.

My first MR2 was black so nostalga reigns, but I think black just makes it look less mainstream and more just plain rugged.

I want another black one! Anyone wanna swap! lol
PeterRST

Post by PeterRST »

robbo wrote:
hi pete it could well of been me i work in southampton docks but i only live 15 minutes drive from the main centre if i had seen you in your mr i would have waved cos i always do :thumleft:

Nah, I wasn't there in my MR2. I was just visiting a few friends who live there. The car was parked just one street away from my mates house where I'd stayed for the weekend

I can PM you the name of the street if you want? ;)

Was a great weekend there btw, went to see maritime museum, docks, Ford Transit plant, night out at the bitterne pub, etc...

I'm planning on going there again next year, this time by car though. ;)
sanchi

Post by sanchi »

Pete J wrote:
(also further up the thread was a Q about the lenses... I Tinted the indicator section with Foliatec tint spray.)

Nice one mate! :thumleft: Little touches look nice. :thumleft:
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

IMO i think we should of had a Poll,would of been much easier to decide :lol: :roll:
Razor04

Re: Colour

Post by Razor04 »

dbiagioni wrote:Pictures do the talking......

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/ ... 008577.jpg
:thumleft:

I agree :thumleft:
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

robbo wrote:ok guys n girls i remember a thread i was on once about people saying what they thought was the best colour for mr2,s so i thought it would be great to hear peoples opinions and the reasons why not add some pics as well, #-o
i will start it off with my car and i like the colour of mine because it dark and its like a petrol blue in the day and looks black at night, \:D/
heres some pics,
[/img]

so come on lets get this poll running and see :thumleft:
[/img]

Those wheels are TOM'S are'nt they?
ryan

Post by ryan »

I do like the Mica Beige, but perhaps just because its rare and you dont see many, not sure about it really
Black hides the lines too much, white is the colour of the mo, and a nice standard rev 4 or kitted white MR2 still looks great today I reckon...
Saying that a nice fresh super red II still looks good, but the fading would put me off getting another....
korean

Post by korean »

BiGWiLlYsTyLe wrote:IMO i think we should of had a Poll,would of been much easier to decide :lol: :roll:

the best colour won't win, due to the three common colours of Red white or black being plentifull, and each owner voting for their own colour.

its Carribean blue thats the best by the way 8)
robbo

Post by robbo »

Razor04 wrote:
heres some pics,
[/img]

so come on lets get this poll running and see :thumleft:
[/img]

Those wheels are TOM'S are'nt they?

they sure are toms but then didnt you see them when i came round yours razor they are coming off for a refurb soon \:D/ i might even change the colour :-k
robbo

Post by robbo »

PeterRST wrote:
robbo wrote:

Nah, I wasn't there in my MR2. I was just visiting a few friends who live there. The car was parked just one street away from my mates house where I'd stayed for the weekend

I can PM you the name of the street if you want? ;)

Was a great weekend there btw, went to see maritime museum, docks, Ford Transit plant, night out at the bitterne pub, etc...

I'm planning on going there again next year, this time by car though. ;)

yeah pm me the street cos i live very near bitterne i work in the docks and who knows if your gonna come down again we could catch up maybe a beer =P~
robbo

Post by robbo »

ryan i just love them wheels :clap: nice skirts too what are they mate :-k
robbo

Post by robbo »

Steve Horrocks wrote:Simply got to be Mica Beige
ImageImage

steve im just loving your car mate dont seem to sound odd but its really nice ive been toying with kitting mine up :thumleft:
ryan

Post by ryan »

robbo wrote:ryan i just love them wheels :clap: nice skirts too what are they mate :-k

Thanks Robbo, they are GReddy Gracer side and rear skirts
I sold the car 2 years ago now and miss it loads :(
robbo

Post by robbo »

i bet you do miss it it looks nice really like them skirts and it looks different with know rear spoiler :thumleft:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

robbo wrote:
Steve Horrocks wrote:Simply got to be Mica Beige
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v93/o ... getmsg.jpgImage Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v93/o ... etmsg2.jpg

steve im just loving your car mate dont seem to sound odd but its really nice ive been toying with kitting mine up :thumleft:

Sadly not my car buddy, mine is the black one in my garage, I was one of the rare folks who didn't chose their own colour, i've never seen a mica beige in real life, but by god, if I had the choice i'd swap mine for one in a heartbeat! It's the colour of winners!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”