Getting bored after 8 years

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cvega666

Re: Getting bored after 8 years

Post by cvega666 »

oldskoolhrdcore wrote:Sold up few months ago and bought this:

Don't mention the rust

no way, hahahah, i gotta see this one day. Do you still carry the sub in passengers footwell ? :>
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/7623502196_1c758d844a.jpg[/url]

and have'nt looked back, I love it, cheap and fun :)

Don't mention the rust

:-k :mrgreen:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Personally my solution to getting bored with any MR2 is change it for another, LOL. On the other hand, you appreciate it much more if you get a different daily driver and keep it for weekend fun.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

tonigmr2 wrote:Personally my solution to getting bored with any MR2 is change it for another, LOL. On the other hand, you appreciate it much more if you get a different daily driver and keep it for weekend fun.

exactly the novalty would were off very quickly for me if i drove it all the time, its nice to drive but lovely to get back in the family A6 barge
Mike

Post by Mike »

jasongtr wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:Personally my solution to getting bored with any MR2 is change it for another, LOL. On the other hand, you appreciate it much more if you get a different daily driver and keep it for weekend fun.

exactly the novalty would were off very quickly for me if i drove it all the time, its nice to drive but lovely to get back in the family A6 barge

Yep, was awesome when the I had my 306TD daily hack. The MR2 was purely driven for fun then, still feels special using it daily but its not the same. If only I didn't blow the Pug's turbo :oops:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I don't drive mine often, I've drove it about twice in the past two months. I walk to work every day or use the van around town.

I had booked a track day which I spent a fair bit of cash buying things in prep for it and it got cancelled so that's probably disheartened my liking a little bit.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

You evidently like a decent project, what about trying something new and uncharted??

Personally when mine is finished (and nicely garaged) I'm looking at creating a sard race car replica and will try (and probably fail) at doing my own V8 engine swap :-k

Think you just need to try something that is ground breaking to get the "je ne sais quois" back :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

KarlBristol wrote:You evidently like a decent project, what about trying something new and uncharted??

Think you just need to try something that is ground breaking to get the "je ne sais quois" back :thumleft:

I have a spare Noble 2.5 twin turbo rear clip. 330BHP... :whistle:
craig

Post by craig »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
KarlBristol wrote:You evidently like a decent project, what about trying something new and uncharted??

I have a spare Noble 2.5 twin turbo rear clip. 330BHP... :whistle:

Mine! :twisted:
oldskoolhrdcore

Post by oldskoolhrdcore »

cvega666 wrote:

Don't mention the rust

no way, hahahah, i gotta see this one day. Do you still carry the sub in passengers footwell ? :>

yes, yes I do my friend :D
oldskoolhrdcore

Post by oldskoolhrdcore »

Race Idiot wrote:
Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/7623502196_1c758d844a.jpg[/url]

and have'nt looked back, I love it, cheap and fun :)

Don't mention the rust

:-k :mrgreen:

shhhhhhhhh :)
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

tonigmr2 wrote:On the other hand, you appreciate it much more if you get a different daily driver and keep it for weekend fun.

This 100%
craig

Post by craig »

Gee Man wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:On the other hand, you appreciate it much more if you get a different daily driver and keep it for weekend fun.

This 100%

Yeah, I'd agree with that!
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I've been thinking, I've only ever owned five cars in twelve years of driving, I think I may need to experience owning some nice cars before I get old and die. Buy them, drive them for a year, sell them on, buy something else fun and interesting.... :-k
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

what you need to do is get a slow car for the week then use the MR2 on the weekend..

Ive been using a 1.0 Micra through the week, 53bhp as standard, 0 - 60 in 16seconds and then went back to the M3 with 343bhp as standard and 0-60 in something like 5 seconds... What a difference lol, makes it feel like a new car :thumleft: :thumleft:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

My buzz about town car

5.8hp down hill
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i know what you are saying - if you havent had many cars then sure you should be out there trying them out, personally id get some decent test drives under your belt before selling up.

Just had the same conversation with the wife about mine as it happens, i get bored very easily with cars, even though mine has only been on the road for 2 weeks im already thinking about the next one, she is just glad i dont move on with women like i do with cars
Draven

Post by Draven »

StevieL wrote:My buzz about town car

5.8hp down hill

Now that is a motor.. get some mini lites on it lower it. :-) paint it matt black some spot lights on the roof.. :mrgreen:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Found this on ebay, looks a hoot .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221105390672? ... 1423.l2649 That is if it doesn't just spin its wheels through all the gears and go nowhere fast.
I'd love to know its power to weight .. I think its 850kg from the factory.

I must admit now my cars no more :cry: , for my next project i'm looking at the evo 4 rs and r34 gts skyline 8-[

Kev.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

that cossie looks like fun, albeit fwd - if its anything like my mk2 golf it will get traction eventually :mrgreen:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”