Getting bored after 8 years

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

StevieL

Getting bored after 8 years

Post by StevieL »

I've been driving Mk2 MR2's for nearly 8 years now, and I'm feeling rather bored of them!

I owned a Mk1 MX5 for about 4 months when my old one broke and got bored of that quickly (Missed the power of the turbo).

I've got the MR2 pretty much how I want it now, but it just doesn't flick my switch like it used to :(

Am I being a big fanny or do I need to sell up and buy a V8 drift machine or something?
craig

Re: Getting bored after 8 years

Post by craig »

StevieL wrote:I've been driving Mk2 MR2's for nearly 8 years now, and I'm feeling rather bored of them!

I owned a Mk1 MX5 for about 4 months when my old one broke and got bored of that quickly (Missed the power of the turbo).

I've got the MR2 pretty much how I want it now, but it just doesn't flick my switch like it used to :(

Am I being a big fanny or do I need to sell up and buy a V8 drift machine or something?

I'm the same mate, I slip into the "I'm bored of this car" zone all the time. I've had MK2's for 10 years now.

I fancy something newer like a 350Z or the like.

I'm always thinking of selling my MR2. :lol:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I want a big V8 machine or something mental, but I get the feeling I'll get bored and end up back in an MR2 again :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

StevieL wrote:I want a big V8 machine or something mental, but I get the feeling I'll get bored and end up back in an MR2 again :lol:

Yeah I got bored with 92 rev2 turbo, bought a Corsa, bought another Corsa, sold and bought a rev3 turbo #-o :lol:

I want a car that does everything. Daily AND great for weekend driving :thumleft:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

We've (The missus and me) have a wee C1, HiJet camper and the MR2 between us, we don't have enough space at the house for any more cars or I'd buy something just to get it out my system! :lol:

Might fill the tank at the weekend and go a proper monsterous blast in it to try make me love it again! :-k
craig

Post by craig »

StevieL wrote:We've (The missus and me) have a wee C1, HiJet camper and the MR2 between us, we don't have enough space at the house for any more cars or I'd buy something just to get it out my system! :lol:

Might fill the tank at the weekend and go a proper monsterous blast in it to try make me love it again! :-k

I fancy the idea of getting rid, and having a 57 plate 350Z or BMW 325CI 8)

I'm always on PH in the classifieds :lol:
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

craig

Post by craig »

MR2O12 wrote:would love one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-3lqIpJ ... re=related

:lover:

Oh my..... =P~ :lover:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

MR2O12 wrote:would love one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-3lqIpJ ... re=related

:lover:

Sh*te video, I do like them, just don't really fancy owning one :-k
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

I'm same as you pinky. Realistically thinking 350z next in blue! But also considering an e46 M3 (dear insurance) S2000 (back to 2 seats) 911 (can't remember which model shape number, but running cost have me wary) or an Evo 7. Hmmmm
Sell Civic & mk1.5 and go to just one car for a bit (then buy something again to take on track!!!) few of us have Clio's for track toys so that's make sense as can share parts/ideas etc.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
craig

Post by craig »

Steve Horrocks wrote:I'm same as you pinky. Realistically thinking 350z next in blue! But also considering an e46 M3 (dear insurance) S2000 (back to 2 seats) 911 (can't remember which model shape number, but running cost have me wary) or an Evo 7. Hmmmm
Sell Civic & mk1.5 and go to just one car for a bit (then buy something again to take on track!!!) few of us have Clio's for track toys so that's make sense as can share parts/ideas etc.

That's another one of my wants. Clio 197 cup (2007+) 8)
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

Get a TVR of some sort, Ive always wanted a Cerbera or Chimaera

who cares when it breaks, while its working they sound :shock: :twisted: :evil: and go like stink, definately on the to do list
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

monaro/vxr8

you lasted 8 years? not bad, I lasted less than 2 ;)
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
Nails

Post by Nails »

same as me< i put the for sale ad up, and since still been tinkering with mine, getting rid of the silver tat inside, el glo dials etc and the advans refurbed and on, now thinking of a decent boost controler, a front lip, water injection and, and and etc lol.
but then i sit at work on the autotrader(one of the only sites i have access to) and look at at Z4's and 350z all day.
i have a need to as you say, let the want out and try something new.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

I borrowed my bosses supercharged v.8 mustang at the weekend. Then had to drive Mr two it's not the same
oldskoolhrdcore

Post by oldskoolhrdcore »

Sold up few months ago and bought this:

and have'nt looked back, I love it, cheap and fun :)

Don't mention the rust
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

What about a soarer? I was thinking about getting a t.t one next but scared about running costs and parts availabilty. also every dam one is a auto. Do like them for a old car tho!
Mike

Post by Mike »

There are lots of cars I'd love to own, but very few that I feel could replace the MR2. The only ones that would do that for me would be Lotus Esprit, 996 Turbo, Supra RZ, NSX, Superchaged S2000 or 350Z. Most of those are way out of my reach at the mo' so for now I'll stick with the MR2.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

You don't want an esprit there crap lol I always wanted one till one turned up at work. It shattered my childhood dream s
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

4ndee wrote:You don't want an esprit there crap

First mid-engined car I ever sat in :)
But yeah, wouldn't want one.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”