How rare are the tintops?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BenF
Premium Member

Re: How rare are the tintops?

Post by BenF »

FWIW, a JDM Auto is quite good for an automatic - I got some tidy and quick passenger laps around the Nurburgring from a IMOC member who knew their way around there well.

Its worth noting the JDM Auto gets the 3S-GE engine rather than the 3S-FE engine that was fitted to the UK cars , and it works well.

As for drivers cars, having tracked Mk1, Mk2 Turbos and Mk3s, I have to say all were good fun but the Mk2 Turbo was the trickiest on the limit - the Mk1 and Mk3 are more communicative.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Yeah but as many will say, including me, that you can have the best handling and amazing communication but its not good if you can't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Or in the real world, being able to have the speed to get past the slow traffic.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

id have preferred a tin top i have no need for t bar. maybe a sunroof would have done. on days like this when i drive home and my passenger side leaks from the t bar..

no chance id go auto though. and i wouldn't have bought the mr2unless it was turbo.
riot68

Post by riot68 »

T-bar leaks are easy to fix, no reason to go tin top just to stop leaks if you'd rather have a t-bar...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
Nails

Post by Nails »

They're also such a fart on taking off and on. Leaving work and your right at the back of the traffic after you've took them off. Most times if I was going to do it I'd just take the drivers side off.
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Work for myself so never been an issue :) plus only have the 2 as a weekend summer car type thing...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
Nightfire

Post by Nightfire »

Both my MR2's are tin tops, They where not too tricky to get hold of (I dont like T bars)
clubae111.com
Red Rev2
Black Rev3

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”