Friends just bought an evo4 what should i expect??

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

mattcambs

Re: Friends just bought an evo4 what should i expect??

Post by mattcambs »

Oh Jees! We have another Aidy ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

On IMOC tubbys rule, OK. These are the best cars on the road - end of =;

:lol: :wink:
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

P.s.i didn't misread your post you just misunderstood mine

You must just be thick then because ur still quoting the 400bhp evo and not 280bhp variants. However, tune a V to 400bhp and it would p1$$ all over the FQ.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

Scotster wrote:
anthonyg wrote:Stock Evo IV = 280bhp 0-60 4.4 secs 150mph, you can always tease her about crank walk though :wink:
Evo V RS was the fastest to 60 @280bhp with a 4.8 trap (actual test not manufacturer figures) so where u got 4.4  from i don't know.0-60 5.5http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/383/Mitsubi ... VO-IV.html
 :-k  JEEZ I MUST be thick, where in your post did you state that the EVO V is the quickest out of the '280bhp variants' only?

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z941 ... on_IV.aspx

Get over it, V RS was history when the VI RS came out.

Then the VI RS was superceded by the Tommi Makinen Edition RS. do i need to carry on with this?

P.S.Image

:thumleft:
Last edited by anthonyg on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

mattcambs wrote:Oh Jees! We have another Aidy ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Ha ha fair play, this is your part of the world (wide web) afterall :wink:

Personally prefer the MK1's but i have seen the tubbys go and been out in one, they do perform!
lehem

Post by lehem »

Evo V RS was the fastest to 60 @280bhp with a 4.8 trap (actual test not manufacturer figures) so where u got 4.4 from i don't know.

0-60 5.5
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/383/ ... VO-IV.html

Not sure how much you know about Evo's...

I would suggest looking a bit deeper into those figures as they are way higher than other Evo models at 280bhp. Did you know the EvoIVRS had optional gearbox ratios, meaning 0-60 times could be as low as 4.2 @ 280bhp?
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

anthonyg wrote:
Scotster wrote:
anthonyg wrote:Stock Evo IV = 280bhp 0-60 4.4 secs 150mph, you can always tease her about crank walk though :wink:
Evo V RS was the fastest to 60 @280bhp with a 4.8 trap (actual test not manufacturer figures) so where u got 4.4  from i don't know.0-60 5.5http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/383/Mitsubi ... VO-IV.html
 :-k  JEEZ I MUST be thick, where in your post did you state that the EVO V is the quickest out of the '280bhp variants' only?

I highlighted it for u ;)

anthonyg wrote:Get over it, V RS was history when the VI RS came out.

:thumleft:

VI RS is my favourite, but its heavier than the V RS so it may have became history but it was still faster.
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

lehem wrote:
Evo V RS was the fastest to 60 @280bhp with a 4.8 trap (actual test not manufacturer figures) so where u got 4.4 from i don't know.

0-60 5.5
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/383/ ... VO-IV.html

Not sure how much you know about Evo's...

I would suggest looking a bit deeper into those figures as they are way higher than other Evo models at 280bhp. Did you know the EvoIVRS had optional gearbox ratios, meaning 0-60 times could be as low as 4.2 @ 280bhp?

Could be as low? Never seen a stock 280bhp evo beat 4.7 (4.8 was my quoted time but it was actually 4.7.. after looking into it ;) )

Gear ratio's in the RS were for 60 > acceleration and i'm pretty sure it wasn't optional. My car topped out at 136mph redlining.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

anthonyg wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:Me either and most drivers will get 5 out of it on a good day anyway, those times are always by the best racing driver they can get. I've had Evos off the line on bone dry days and top end cyyyyyaaaaa (unless they're very modified) like all cars really, you just never know what they have under the hood.

How do you know most evo drivers get 5 out of them?

So what if it is timed with the best driver they can get, so will all other cars, making it a fair comparison, the point is that the car will do it.

Of course your MR2 is quicker than Evo's, but my Evo is quicker than Ferrari F430's and Porsche GT3 RS's seeing as though i took over them on the Nurburgring Nordschlief and GP cuircuit last Easter.
So your MR2 must be even quicker than Evo's and Ferrari's and Porsches, congratulations and good work, pat yourself on your head and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of success :thumleft:

Nice poncy post..
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Who gives a flying monkey w@nking donkey d1ck about text book stats.

Enjoy the car you own and lets all get on and share the love :D 8)
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

Scotster wrote:Evo V RS was the fastest to 60 @280bhp

That just states that the Evo V RS has 280bhp.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

Scotster wrote:VI RS is my favourite, but its heavier than the V RS so it may have became history but it was still faster.

Well according to the MLR the Evo V RS weighs 1260kg and the Evo VI RS weighs 1250kg, then you take into account the re-engineered cooling system on the VI onwards........... :whistle:
Last edited by anthonyg on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

mr2nut123 wrote:Nice poncy post..

Poncy- meaning-posh. I take that as compliment my working class friend thankyou :thumleft:

At least my post was truthfull. When the clock on my standard Evo TME was showing 170mph on the Autobahn in Germany there wasn't an MR2 in sight, suprise :wink:
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

Scotster wrote:Gear ratio's in the RS were for 60 > acceleration and i'm pretty sure it wasn't optional. My car topped out at 136mph redlining.

*YAWN* as quoted in post 16 on this thread by moi, '1st and 2nd gear ratios are the same i.e 0-60 on the V and V RS 3rd 4th and i think 5th were shorter and car tops out at around 130mph'

-Info is from MLR.

What you are saying about the Evo V RS is made up either by you or which whoever 'educated' you about your Fastest ever to 60 Evo V RS. Was it the guy who sold you the car by any chance?

Anyway, what was the 60-0 like in the RS witht he crap gravel spec brakes and suspension? :lol:
BarronMR

Post by BarronMR »

Lol, love these pubspeak threads.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

anthonyg wrote:

Poncy- meaning-posh. I take that as compliment my working class friend thankyou :thumleft:

Your brand of wit would go down well on the EVO magazine forum :thumleft:

You're still a stat loving, Evo geek, though. Go back to the Lancer register and leave us chavvy boys alone =;
Harry

Post by Harry »

:lol: Hahaha :lol: what Is this Driving - Experiences or Internet - Experiences :lol: * lmfao * :lol:
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

anthonyg wrote:
Scotster wrote:Gear ratio's in the RS were for 60 > acceleration and i'm pretty sure it wasn't optional. My car topped out at 136mph redlining.

*YAWN* as quoted in post 16 on this thread by moi, '1st and 2nd gear ratios are the same i.e 0-60 on the V and V RS 3rd 4th and i think 5th were shorter and car tops out at around 130mph'
-Info is from MLR.

What you are saying about the Evo V RS is made up either by you or which whoever 'educated' you about your Fastest ever to 60 Evo V RS. Was it the guy who sold you the car by any chance?

Anyway, what was the 60-0 like in the RS witht he crap gravel spec brakes and suspension? :lol:

Hence the reason why i said > 60 (> means greater than, as in after 2nd gear)

I said that the Evo V RS was the fastest evo to 60 @ 280bhp. I missed out the comma before the @ which seems to have confused you, however i see no other way to read that statement. With this statement i meant that of all the 280bhp variants of Evo the V is the fastest to 60.

You can quote manufacturers figures till your face turns purple but the figures i read were, allegedly, road test figures; which carry far more weight with me. Ask the guys on the MLR for their time slips on the 1/4, always gives a better indication of 60 times. If you google you will find a lot more sites that disagree with MLR than the ones that do, the owners is the only way to get the true figure.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

mattcambs wrote:
anthonyg wrote:

You're still a stat loving, Evo geek, though. Go back to the Lancer register and leave us chavvy boys alone =;

lmao!! And I thought it was us mr2 guys were thehairdressers. This guy sounds like Dale Whintons weekend toy. Hardly the kind of words you'de hear from a mean, aggressive track machine owner :lol: :gayfight: eh eh eh ou... whuuuuuuuuuuuuu (will young bo-selecta styyyyyle)

p.s. I agree, all these ex-mr2 owners on here bashing the cars they once loved, height of sadness, nothing better to do.. Sat there now with his Evo keys rubbing them all over his jamjars sat in his underpants *snort* my Evos better than anything, 3.5 seconds to 60 you know (even though I can only get 6)
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

anthonyg wrote:
mattcambs wrote:Oh Jees! We have another Aidy ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Ha ha fair play, this is your part of the world (wide web) afterall :wink:

Personally prefer the MK1's but i have seen the tubbys go and been out in one, they do perform!

:-k Funny that i don't remember taking the p1$$ out of MR2's ever isn't it?
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

mr2nut123 wrote:
mattcambs wrote:
anthonyg wrote:

lmao!! And I thought it was us mr2 guys were thehairdressers. This guy sounds like Dale Whintons weekend toy. Hardly the kind of words you'de hear from a mean, aggressive track machine owner :lol: :gayfight: eh eh eh ou... whuuuuuuuuuuuuu (will young bo-selecta styyyyyle)

p.s. I agree, all these ex-mr2 owners on here bashing the cars they once loved, height of sadness, nothing better to do.. Sat there now with his Evo keys rubbing them all over his jamjars sat in his underpants *snort* my Evos better than anything, 3.5 seconds to 60 you know (even though I can only get 6)

Obviously your perception of Evo owners is deluded, we are in fact a great bunch of the finest gentlemen.

funnily enough though, what you never see or here on the MLR though is, 'wow, i kept up with an MR2 turbo last night' !

Or, 'oh xxxx my mates just bought an MR2 turbo am i going to get wasted?' :wink: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Driving Experiences”