Newera imports

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Razor04

Re: Newera imports

Post by Razor04 »

oh :( i thought this was gonna be some new rev5 we could all ogle, but no its that overpriced mica beige one thats been doin the rounds on the for sale sections of the forums for months.
Mr2'less
Racer7

Post by Racer7 »

Nice car but I think the prices are really now reflecting the exchange rates. £8.5k is getting a little crazy.

I'd have a look at the one Rash has got (already linked on this thread).

Ordinarily I wouldn't have said that as I'd have bought it! But since I don't like the colour (and I think for £7k I'd better get the colour I want) I'd say this is probs the best Rev 5 around at the mo. He had some other really nice ones last year but I haven't seen anything since anywhere.

Like one of the other posts on here I have always intended to import via Newera or JM-Imports to get the freshest MR2 I can afford. However, with the pound as weak as it is it may well be that us wannabe MR2 owners will have to start looking nearer to home.

Personally I'm thinking of waiting to ride out the currency storm but could be some time I think...
starmist

Post by starmist »

Razor04, are you thinking of the one Rash has for sale as this one has only just come up for sale.

I am tempted to wait as £8.5k is alot of money but then how long will i have to wait for another to come along.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i got lucky with mine, before the pound went crazy low.
looks like theyll be fewer rev5s coming over.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

starmist wrote:Razor04, are you thinking of the one Rash has for sale as this one has only just come up for sale.

I am tempted to wait as £8.5k is alot of money but then how long will i have to wait for another to come along.

oh yeah probably i thought they were one and the same car just noticed that the wheels are different lol similar prices though! :oops:
Mr2'less
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

I got my Rev5 from Newera just before the disabled loophole got closed about 4 years ago. It was expensive but top notch.
In fact it isn't long ago that I got in touch with Miguel just to get an idea of what to value mine at as it was getting to the time that Rev 5s could be imported.
There were two things of import that he said. That the UK customers were expecting too low a price on very difficult to get cars. Also, the Japanese were tending to hold onto the Rev 5 as they now see it as a bit of a classic and want them to stay in Japan.
starmist

Post by starmist »

Are you selling yours then?
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

No, sorry starmist, my 2 is not up for sale.
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

Razor04 wrote:similar prices though! :oops:

My price is over a grand less, all registered, so i wouldnt exactly say the prices are similar...!! :roll:

Rash.

[Wee admin edit due to price quoting] :wink:
Harry

Post by Harry »

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/889811.htm

I just found this example seems like a very similar tone - quite rare.Do like it.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”