My Tubby - GT30, Forged Internals, Motec M4 Pro..etc..

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

The Wraith

My Tubby - GT30, Forged Internals, Motec M4 Pro..etc..

Post by The Wraith »

I've bumped this back into action, folks! It's a golden oldie (look at the date) that some of you will remember....and it's back up for sale! I thought it best to bump this original post, rather than create a new one, just so you can see all the info re the car! I believe it's page 3 that I bumped it from......Enjoy! :D

All of the below is from approx 3 years ago...up to the new post from today (June 14th 2012)...

Hello folks.

Well, I can't believe I am doing this, but I am really considering selling my baby :(

I have had this car for over 8 years and have always said I would never sell it, but circumstances have changed, I no longer have a secure drive-way and it's hardly getting used. :(

I was the first UK owner and it has only 48k on the clock (33k when I bought it!). The engine, on the other hand, has little over 1000 miles on it since a full rebuild by GTS Chris, using amongst the best performance components available. :wink:

Parts that will raise the eyebrows of some of the enthusiasts/older IMOC members on here will be the very rare, immaculate Pheonix Power S80 exhaust and custom charge cooler system designed by Dino who used to be an IMOC member. Very rare and sought after parts indeed. \:D/

It runs a GT3071rwg turbo, Rev 4 Thick-Walled block and Motec M4 Pro ECU...aswell as lots of other fancy parts as listed below.

The car itself is a '93 K reg Rev 2 T-bar. It's now MOT'd until July 2010 and taxed until November 2009.

Engine etc:

GT3071rwg Ball Bearing Turbo
Custom 3" Downpipe
Rev 4 Thick Walled Block
JE 86mm Forged Pistons
HKS 264 Cams
Eagle Con Rods
Ferrea Competition Inlet & Outlet Valves
HKS Valve Springs
ARP Head Bolts
HKS Pulleys
Wolfkatz Fuel Rail
HKS Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
Motec M4 Pro ECU
Fidanza Flywheel
SPEC 450 lbs/ft Clutch
Ultra Rare Pheonix Power S80 Exhaust
Dino's Custom CC with HUGE Pre Rad.
+other things that will no doubt spring to mind later..

Wheels/Tyres/Bodywork:

Currently fitted with 17" Fox Titanium F1s with 255 Toyo Proxi's on the rear (only done about 400 miles). Fronts are older, but still have plenty tread. Unsure of the make and it's pi**ing down out there. If you really wanna know, then ask.

The bodywork is pretty much standard apart from another rather rare item in the form of a Kei Office front bumper. Perfect for the pre-rad. The rear lights are tinted and the front sides are clear.

Interior:

I have fitted (near perfect) GT half leather/half alcantara seats and doorcards, along with a nice, leather gearstick gaiter.
There's also a wee boost guage for play time :D

That's all I can think of (and handle) for now. I will try to get on IMOC daily to reply to any queries and update with pics or further info.

Thanks for reading!

Gary.

EDIT: I will not be breaking this car in the slightest, so please do not make offers for specific parts etc. I am not interested. Thanks.
Last edited by The Wraith on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
murf

Re: My Tubby - GT30, Forged Internals, Motec M4 Pro..etc..

Post by murf »

How's things Gary? Dont sell it, you'll regret it!
Your old engine is still going great in my Mk1, ive since discovered it has aftermarket cams in it, do you know what type they are?
Also, did the engine have an uprated Head gasket in it?

Cheers, Paul
Wade

Post by Wade »

:ttiwwp:

Get some up pal! :)
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Hiya Paul!

I'm cool, ta. You?

Aaawww, my old engine. I do miss it, I tell ya! Such a good power delivery.
I heard that you'd found it has good cams in it, yup! I didn't have a clue, but I knew it couldn't have been standard as it was so quick! As for the gasket, I reckon it will be metal. When I bought the car it had all sorts of gizmos on it. I feel the Jap that owned it knew what he was doing so would no doubt have fitted an uprated head gasket when changing the cams.

I'd love to get a wee blast in yours some time! :)

As for selling mine, I know, I will/would regret it. Since moving into my flat, it has had to be parked in the street and I'm going grey with worry. So many cars have been vandalised or damaged lately and it aint even a bad area :( Then there's the fact that I've got my Civic Type R to scoot aboot in, so the 2 is never getting driven! :roll:

Anyway, we shall c...

Keep in touch, Paul :)

Gary 8)
murf

Post by murf »

Great news, i'll feel a bit safer at 1.1 bar then :D
Pop over with your civic and i'll take you out in the mk1, in a couple of months when the weather improves :D
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Ok folks, here's a few pics for you to chew on.

They aint the greatest quality as they are taken off my mobile, so I will be getting more up soon!

The below pic is the engine when it was in Jonno's car. It looks pretty much identical in my car, but I don't have the fan kit. At least it gives you an idea of how it looks. It looks great and is a bit of an animal!

More to come...

Gary.
EarL

Post by EarL »

Virtually identical spec motor to the one in my old car. Power was just under 452 fw bhp on that turbo at 1.5 bar, and 360 rw ft/lb of torque. At 2 bar, it would have been over 500 quite easily.

Here's my old RR graph...

I'm pretty sure the Gt3071 on Gary's motor is the internally gated one, so would have been slightly quicker to full boost, and I'm pretty sure the last time I spoke to Jonno and Dave Rowe, it was making around 430 at the fly.

Here's a link to Jonno's project. Lots of info on the motor in there.

All the best with the sale Gary. :thumleft:

EarL
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Hi Gary sad to see her for sale - but lucky new owner soon though - Good to see you about Earl mate - hope you are well too. :D
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Glen, thanks very much for your additions there! Nice to have my baby compared with your beast :D Good stuff!

Harry, it's been a while, eh! I've hardly been on here over the last year or so. Bad, I know.

I'm really gutted about selling her, but hey ho, that's life. :(

Hope all's well with yous and yours! I will still be going to the shows so see yas there :D

G 8)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

How much?
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Hello! :)

All sensible offers considered. I'm not wanting silly money for it, but I aint planning on giving it away, of course.

Good, standard Rev 2s can still go for £3k+, but this is far from standard.

But I'm also WELL aware that you never get back the cash you've pumped into a car like this..unfortunately! Ha!

G 8)
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

Any body limbs taken in p/x along with a modified rev3?? :thumleft:
Nice spec :mrgreen:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Munnsy wrote:Any body limbs taken in p/x along with a modified rev3?? :thumleft:
Nice spec :mrgreen:

lol, tempted myself , the engine etc. is similar to what i would be looking for... :-k

good luck with the sale, just out of interest what kind of figure are we looking at here ?

cheers :eye:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Dyno printout?
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Munnsy, a very generous offer, but I already have all of those things..including a modded Rev 3 (well, it's kinda my girlfriend's and will prob be up for sale soon aswell! Watch this space!)! :)

mrtee, that spider thing is freaky!! Like it, though! :D
All sensible offers considered...

mr2nut123, the engine is still to be mapped since the build, so no dyno info.

I just caught a couple of guys taking pictures of my baby in the street! Ha! If that was the only sort of attention I had to worry about it getting I wouldn't be selling it :roll:

G 8)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

I'd be interested to see what it produces.

TRC?
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Yeah, me too, but it's looking like I will be finding that out from it's new owner, unfortunately.

No, no TRC, but I believe it doesn't cost that much when you have the Motec M4 anyway. I would have probably considered getting it if keeping the car.

G
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Cool, no worries. Reason I ask is i'm planning on doing a full overhaul on my tubby to be 350-400bhp this year hopefully so was just considering shifting mine on and getting one pre-done. No worries, think i'll just spend a good £3k on mine instead.
The Wraith

Post by The Wraith »

Cool cool. Good luck with that then. I'm sure you have some fun times ahead :D

G 8)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

The Wraith wrote:Cool cool. Good luck with that then. I'm sure you have some fun times ahead :D

G 8)

Either that or i'll end up in a bush! :lol:

If you do decide to get it dynoed to prove figures before sale, give me a shout mate.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”