thai boxer

Re: Resident Evil 5.....

Post by thai boxer »

I'll put money on it being a damn good game and selling sh*tloads! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Just realised the demo is there today so downloaded it. Have to say - how xxxxxx hard does it wanna be? There's just not enough ammo and using the knife is nigh on impossible?
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Hmm your not the first to have said that...I dont find it hard tho tbh.

The first level is tougher but you jus need to keep running and shooting. It also relies on teamwork so you need to have each others backs.

On the 2nd level you only need to shoot the boss's head constantly. Shoot to stun and hit him repeat etc...
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Antstarr wrote:Hmm your not the first to have said that...I dont find it hard tho tbh.

The first level is tougher but you jus need to keep running and shooting. It also relies on teamwork so you need to have each others backs.

On the 2nd level you only need to shoot the boss's head constantly. Shoot to stun and hit him repeat etc...

Which you cant actually do.....
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Poor Matt...its simple really :lol:

Once you get beyond the gates. Run 15 meters ahead. Turn around shoot constant, uppercut/hit him when hes stunned. When the big guy comes too close...run 15meters away..turn around shoot. Repeat...over and over

Doesnt matter where you run..up the stairs jump across to the bus if you have to...

If you need bullets and more heal use the abandoned building in the center of the map. You are using the cupboards in the beginning of the level right?

When they break the cupboard you should be there slashing your knife away at the window while your partner takes care of the other doorway.

If your partner is struggling...help/heal them. If they are dying, heal them. Sometimes it can be annoying if you/ your partner sucks. Cant complain too much im a natural gamer.

2nd level is easier, by far.
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Dude, I played it once and it's the first time I've played ANY RE game. Have you been playing it a lot for a demo?

The "tutorial" is weak. If I was lucky enough to actually make out what it said on screen I was lucky, let alone actually see something of use pop up.
And before you say it - 42" HD TV with HDMI cable showing as 1008p
hicks

Post by hicks »

it plays completly different to most 3rd person shooter. when i first played it i found it frustrating as you cant move with your gun up but after a while you get used to it and its just part of the game.

has anyone played coop yet with a mate.....

wouldnt mind a blast with someone if they fancy it - gamertag - hickster999
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

It's poo.

It might be me but i can't stand these views (dark sector/dead space too) where your character blocks a quarter of the so you seem to spend most of your time looking down and left to see if you've missed anything. Either return it to the old format/Make it FPS or put the full character on screen like Tomb Raider/Uncharted :thumbdown:

Didn't like the aiming, Too slow on it's fastest setting. Got as far as someone with a chainsaw then died very quickly.

On a plus note it looks great.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I'll prob get it after i've got project orgin and finished that. I just think it's fiddly for no useful reason. Andy, don't agree with dead space, quality game, quality game play. Really really enjoyed it. Apart from trying to shoot the bosses eyes while hanging upside down lol.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Right then , played this for a bit last night....found it difficult to get used to the 'cant run AND shoot' style of play. Especially when the enemy seem to have no promlems running and attacking. The Blade that you can use is strange as there is no 'lunge' to it more of a waft.

Graphics are 10/10 in my opinion however the demo if found to be jerky in the cut scenes....probably because its a demo but all the same this should have been right !

I liked the way the Zombies bubbled into the ground also :thumleft:

I think they deliberately made the demo hard though as to make people play it again....most hardcore gamers dont like easy games.

Im not going to be queueing up at midnight for this one....however it is one i will buy eventually.

:thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I cant remember if you can alter the difficulty level on the demo?
For all we know it could be on the hardest setting?
Although it did seem to take a while for me to die.

What are the coloured herbs all about?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:I cant remember if you can alter the difficulty level on the demo?
For all we know it could be on the hardest setting?
Although it did seem to take a while for me to die.

What are the coloured herbs all about?

All about healing yourself mate. The only way in the games. You can mix then together for more powerfull effects. Green+Red = x2 strong etc.
James Junior

Post by James Junior »

I enjoyed Resi 4 on the Gamecube, but playing the Resi 5 demo after playing a lot of Left 4 Dead it feels SOOOOO sluggish and dated...

Has anyone else found this?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Just got it.....getting into it now...looks amazing! :shock: 8)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

thai boxer wrote:Just got it.....getting into it now...looks amazing! :shock: 8)

my bro finished this last week, said there are some chaotic parts and the graphics are great but all in all a tad rubbish were his words lol
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Just got it.....getting into it now...looks amazing! :shock: 8)

my bro finished this last week, said there are some chaotic parts and the graphics are great but all in all a tad rubbish were his words lol

:lol: :roll:

Read 2 (independent) reviews on it...both gave it 5/5! :shock:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:

its a number 5 in a grat seires they will say its good even if its not.
like i said resi evil is about zombies with disposable limbs not monged up black chaps.
controls are nasty also y cant u run and shoot or atleast walk?? ill stick to the first 3 resi's the best by far was the remake of number one on the game cube :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:

its a number 5 in a grat seires they will say its good even if its not.
like i said resi evil is about zombies with disposable limbs not monged up black chaps.
controls are nasty also y cant u run and shoot or atleast walk?? ill stick to the first 3 resi's the best by far was the remake of number one on the game cube :thumleft:

The re-make was damn good (still got it) but the controls in that are even worse mate!! Tank tracks was terrible! [-X ](*,)

1 was excellent when it came out ( and the re-make) but 4 is the best yet....untill I finish 5 that is!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

most places are giving it 9/10 or 4/5

Are the controls the same as in the demo? Also when you goto equip a weapon does the game pause? The thing I hated in the demo was getting attacked, running out of ammo and having to go to your item menu to equip a new weapon while still being attacked!!
chrisrev2gt

Post by chrisrev2gt »

i liked the graphics but it takes ages 2 aim and fire or is it just me :-k

Return to “Games Consoles”