Brands hatch this sunday (1st of Feb)

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

Brands hatch this sunday (1st of Feb)

Post by 2barGee »

Anybody doing it....?? I have just booked 8)

Dan
mr2mk1chick

Re: Brands hatch this sunday (1st of Feb)

Post by mr2mk1chick »

link? who have you booked with?
I fancy a go at brands but am busy tomorrow
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mr2mk1chick wrote:link? who have you booked with?
I fancy a go at brands but am busy tomorrow

Indy is over-rated, it's like going round in circles. Too short really.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Marf

Post by Marf »

Do they ever run the full GP circuit for trackdays? I only ever see Indy on MSV.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Marf wrote:Do they ever run the full GP circuit for trackdays? I only ever see Indy on MSV.

They do and it ought to be brilliant but you will have to pay for the honour (think £300+).
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Lauren wrote:
Marf wrote:Do they ever run the full GP circuit for trackdays? I only ever see Indy on MSV.

They do and it ought to be brilliant but you will have to pay for the honour (think £300+).

Thats what i had heard too - they only have a few gp days per year due to noise etc, so they get quite pricey.
Didn't reaslise that the indy was so bad. Was that the one i saw Anna race on? I thought it looked worth a shot.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mr2mk1chick wrote:Thats what i had heard too - they only have a few gp days per year due to noise etc, so they get quite pricey.
Didn't reaslise that the indy was so bad. Was that the one i saw Anna race on? I thought it looked worth a shot.

It's not a terrible circuit, but it is too short and you really do notice it when driving it.

Paddock is interesting. Druid's a bit less so. Ditto Graham Hill. Surtees S is good, clearlways is horrible and then you are back to Paddock again. 4 corners and a fast chicane are not really enough IMO.

Yes I think it was the one Anna was on. I raced there years ago too, didn't finish that time either!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Yes I think it was the one Anna was on. I raced there years ago too, didn't finish that time either!

Yup, was where A had the accident :(
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Well I had a great day, it snowed a bit in session three and four which made it even more fun!!!!!!! But luckily it did not really settle it just blew across the track....... the track did become a bit damp in session 5 but was dry by session 6 :thumleft:

I thought it was a great track, also I was the quickest car as well :-0

Carbotecs + r888s and 350+bhp helped :lol:

The only car that could keep up on the straights was an rx7. In the corners I could brake so much later than everybody else!!! Bye bye 911s + tvr Sagaris + loads of lotus elises!!! 8) Great fun!!!!

Car didnt miss a beat all day as well \:D/
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Cool 8)
Glad the MR2 made its presence felt amongst other 'fancy' track cars :thumleft:

if i get chance i would like to give it a go there myself.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

If you get the chance I would defo do it, its a great track, I would do it again.

The full track would be great but i cannot find a company thats doing it at the moment £300 for a track day is a bit much though!!!!???
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

I drove the Indy circuit back in December in my little mk1. It was good fun, I actually enjoyed the fact that it was relatively short as it was my 1st real track experience.

My 1 critisism was the number of cars that were allowed out on track at once. It seemed I was constantly stuck behind another car or once past was having to move out of the way of the fast cars. Maybe a longer track would have kept the distances a bit better :-k But was still a thoroughly enjoyable day :mrgreen:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Jaspa wrote:My 1 critisism was the number of cars that were allowed out on track at once. It seemed I was constantly stuck behind another car or once past was having to move out of the way of the fast cars. Maybe a longer track would have kept the distances a bit better :-k But was still a thoroughly enjoyable day :mrgreen:

Different track companies decide on different numbers of total cars per day.
most circuits have a maximun allowed on track at once too, and the TDO (track day organiser) can choose whether to book a lot of cars for the whole day or less. having less cars means a higher cost to the day, but less jostling for space/time on circuit

It up to you: pay less for the day and have more 'busy' issues, or pay slightly more but get waay more quality time.
I know which i go for :thumleft:
(i would rather do 2 good days than 3 busy days)
WeirdNeville

Post by WeirdNeville »

I was there too. I spoke to Gee Man, that car is really tidy! He was at the garage next to me in the morning.

Gave the MK1 some stick. I can see the critiscisms of more experienced trackdayers, but I felt the track was ideal for me. I didn't feel like I was lacking power as the course was mostly bends. The snow added some spice too!

All in all a great day out. I got to drive my mates Kit Car too, it's absolutely awesome.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Lauren wrote:

Ouch, I'd rather do open pitlane at Bedford for £150, 2 4 hours sessions and maaasssiiiive run off :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Marf wrote:
Ouch, I'd rather do open pitlane at Bedford for £150, 2 4 hours sessions and maaasssiiiive run off :lol:

It's a bit flat though isn't it at farmer palmers?

Circuits with gradients do really add to the experience I find... think Oulton, Cadwelle etc.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Marf wrote:
Lauren wrote:

for real?! :eye:
bedford = boring flat featureless
sessioned = meh :|
open pit = ho-hum
noise restrictions = tyre squeal even gets you flagged :roll:
runoff = do you really need loads of it? - why use it, i like the track better :wink:
:oldtongue:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”