I got a new (old) one

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

russthedude

I got a new (old) one

Post by russthedude »

been scouring the internet and local papers since getting back from holiday at the beginning of last week. I wanted a red t-bar, was willing to budge on the colour but not the t-bar option. then I saw this one on ebay and think the colour looks ace, and although I'm a purist kind of guy, I think the wheels work really well. does anyone know what the colour code/name is? I'm going to call it spaceship silver I think. oh, here is a link to some pics the current owner put up of it. I'm not going to collect it until next friday, so he's still got another week of fun in it while I cycle everywhere!!!

http://gallery.me.com/kwot#100064

:mrgreen:
phil mk1

Re: I got a new (old) one

Post by phil mk1 »

looks good seems ok underneith got a bit of a oil leak on the sump noticed all the gromets are out underneith and i still want your white front bumper cheers phil. :pray:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

looks good I noticed this on ebay ,You got a nice rare colour car there :thumleft:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
widster

Post by widster »

Looks good. Like the colour. A bit of bodywork to do as you probably realise. I prefer standard alloys but those look ok. Watch out for cheap tyres though, do they have any grip?

If not too cheeky, how much did you end up paying on ebay?

Good luck
Widster :thumleft:
russthedude

Post by russthedude »

£951.36

the elec aerial doesn't work, but the one on my old one does so thats sorted. i can't wait to get it, and i can't wait for summer to come :D
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Silver T-bar... :lover:
Just behind a red T-bar for me... And good money too!
Nice one Russ!

So - when are you taking this one down to the beach for its photosession? :)
widster

Post by widster »

russthedude wrote:£951.36

the elec aerial doesn't work, but the one on my old one does so thats sorted. i can't wait to get it, and i can't wait for summer to come :D

I am now officially jealous and not talking to you anymore. I think you got a good deal there. Nice car. :mrgreen:
russthedude

Post by russthedude »

monkeymax wrote:Silver T-bar... :lover:
Just behind a red T-bar for me... And good money too!
Nice one Russ!

So - when are you taking this one down to the beach for its photosession? :)

as soon as I get it home! Although need to wait for a nice sunny day. I can't wait for sumemr to get the glass off and have the wind rushing through my hair, I'll smile and wave my head around like a dog. I really wanted a red t-bar this time, and wasn't going to budge on the colour unless I found a nice one at a good price, and then I saw this silver one, and although I've never seen silver in the flesh, i think it just about looks as good as red, not as sporty, but more 80's-ly futuristic. Spaceship silver!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”