[Mk2] [Turbo] Does Drivers arm rest light up???

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Does Drivers arm rest light up???

Post by JohnnyC »

Rubber Chicken wrote:had a look at mine today and aye only the auto button light up which i was bit gutted about to be honest. think i'll be on the lookout soon for a turbo armrest control and light it up white!

Any rev1/2 (UK or import) will have all 3 LEDs in.

And if you do get one from an import/turbo then make sure it doesn't have the retract button for the mirrors - unless of course you're adding folding mirrors too :wink:
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

tempatation and curiosity will get the best of me in the long run so probably will to be honest so if anyone knows of anyone who has any spare or breaking one of these then point them my way! :thumleft:
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Going back to your original question, if you had three separate lights in the switch pack that were working, like in the picture, the chances of all three failing at the same time is astronomical! Try checking the wires behind the rubber gaitor near the hinges. Due to the opening and closing of the door many thousands of times, the wires fatigue and break. This is common on all brands of cars. My Mr2 did the same and broke a wire for the central locking. I just pulled it through and repaired it.

Take a look in that area before dismantling the switch pack. Unless of course you intend to change the colour of the bulbs as previously mentioned.

Regards,

Liam.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

toxo wrote:I'll have a look at mine tonight, got sod all else to do so I might as well install more LEDs!

Had mine to bits tonight, there's no real way of lighting up the mirror control short of cutting out the triangles - they don't go all the way through the plastic so no amount of illumination from behind would make any difference.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi Rubberchicken,

You can tell it's cold as all the modding at the mo is stuff that can be pulled off and done inside. Looks like everyones playing with LED's at the mo......me too :thumleft:

I've got a spare you can have that has the three lights you need. I have already removed the spring from the window lock button for you so you can have all the fun (hour and half for me ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ) of putting it back together.

I used 3mm 500mcd flat top leds which dont give any hotspots and aren't too dazzling, but you could go for a slightly lower Mcd of 350-400 if you can get them.

Just send me your address and I'll stick tjust he unit in the post to you O:) as the mirror control is smashed and the cover has lost the back bit that keeps it in place.

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.
Rubber Chicken

Post by Rubber Chicken »

pm'd :)

Return to “Electrical”