Mr2 mk1 1987 t Bar Dash lights not working

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AndyBibb

Mr2 mk1 1987 t Bar Dash lights not working

Post by AndyBibb »

Hi can anyone help all my dash and instrument light s are not working checked all fuses and all ok looked in 4 fuse locations under bonnet/engine bay and foot wells all ok. is there an in line fuse somewhere? or which fuse supplies this area.....any help would be appreciated
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: Mr2 mk1 1987 t Bar Dash lights not working

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Are all the other electrical systems ok? Does the car run etc?

Where are you located?

Welcome to IMOC. :thumleft:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Tiamat has this in his mk1b, its only intermittent but appears to be a loose wire at the back of the instrument cluster, a good thump and it comes back on.

May be worth trying to get to that area?

Good luck and welcome to Imoc.

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
nedward

Post by nedward »

Does it affect the head lights as i had a similar problem and it was to do with the head light toggle
](*,)
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

is it all or some of the light. the warning lights will be on different circuits to the main dash lights that go on with the driving lights. can you be a bit more specific. what about the clock?
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Mine has the same problem, and it affects the dash lights as well as the other lights such as the light for the heater controls.
Sometimes they will all be out, sometimes just the dash lights are on and sometimes they're all on.

From what I've been able to ascertain so far (I've not spent long trying to sort it as the car has been off the road and I've been dealing with other things on it) it's not fuse or wiring behind the speedo etc. Jon (STB Jon) pointed out to me that it could be the wiring behind the fuse box - there's a fuse box down on the right hand side of the drivers footwell by your feet. If I jiggle this a bit, sometimes it behaves itself. So I think my problem is here, and soon I will be examining the fuse box there to look for dry solders and loose connections.

It may be worth you checking this fuse box too, if you're losing all lights and not just the ones for the speedo...

Oh - I checked my headlight switch by replacing it with another. Granted, I don't know what state the replacement was in so I could've just replaced a faulty one with another faulty one (as it was second-hand) but it's not fixed the fault...
MR2MK1MAD

Post by MR2MK1MAD »

If you have no rear side lights or number plate lights it is a relay that sits above the fuse box in drivers footwell.

Not sure which one as there are three but one is for the rear fog light so you can swop this to see if it fixes the problem.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”