Car Mats

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Pug_crew

Car Mats

Post by Pug_crew »

Decided to get my wife to get me some mats for my 1a.

Anyone got any recomendations? My car is red so a co-ordinated trim may be good although I don't think I would want to go all red.
howie

Re: Car Mats

Post by howie »

go to e-bay car parts type in toyota mr2 mats and you will see a wide selection of them (sure you will find wot you want there) :thumleft:
tommundy
Premium Member

Post by tommundy »

Hi,

I got a set of these for my mk1a with red/black interior also:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-MK1-19 ... 0331380596

Perfect fit!

Easy to clean etc. £20 well spent.

HTH

Cheers
Tom
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

Don't waste your time on the super velour mats from mr2oc.co.uk, for £45 they're a complete rip off and don't fit or stay good for long.
jimi

Post by jimi »

IanClements wrote:Don't waste your time on the super velour mats from mr2oc.co.uk, for £45 they're a complete rip off and don't fit or stay good for long.

The OC don't and never have sold car mats.
There was a trader selling Super Velour mats, but no longer, he hasn't been a registered trader since July.
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

The OC don't and never have sold car mats.
There was a trader selling Super Velour mats, but no longer, he hasn't been a registered trader since July.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/I ... CF0002.jpg

Fair enough, this is what I have though and it says owners club on it so they must have authorised them (mustn't they???).
jimi

Post by jimi »

They weren't "Official" merchandise as far as I'm aware
Edit
I quite agree at £45 a pair they are far too expensive, and if they didn't last then definitely a rip off. Can you remember the suppliers name ?
As above you can get perfectly good ones from eBay for half that price, that's where I got mine and they still look good after 4 years :thumleft:
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

I've just digged the receipt out and it's got a twosrus.co.uk link on it, the contact was Jeff Keeling. If I remember correctly they used to have these on the mr2oc.co.uk site that just linked to twosrus but it was a couple of years ago now.

For the record, I'm still using them and they're OK, they just don't fit 100% and because of that they've worn quickly on the one side where it's crimped. Quality wise I've spent less and got more from the dealer in the past.
jimi

Post by jimi »

Twosrus.co.uk is like a umbrella name covering a collection of different suppliers. Jeff is just the central contact point, whoever it supplied the mats at that time no longer does and twosrus no longer list mats. I'm not surprised at that price.

Pug_crew
Apologies for the thread hijack :oops:
madman2

mats

Post by madman2 »

keep checking ebay, i bought brand toyota still in original package mats for £40 2 months ago. chap i bought them from bought them 10 years when he was planning on restoring his mr2 mk1b. he also had brand new still in wrap leather gear knob.
Pug_crew

Post by Pug_crew »

Thanks for the advice.

Pity about the OC ones, they look good in the photo and I was looking for something a bit different (and as the wife is paying was not worried too much about the price :twisted: ).

Like the idea about the original Toyota ones but guess that's a once in a blue moon thing.

Any further suggestions gratefully received.
SteveM

Re: mats

Post by SteveM »

madman2 wrote:keep checking ebay, i bought brand toyota still in original package mats for £40 2 months ago. chap i bought them from bought them 10 years when he was planning on restoring his mr2 mk1b. he also had brand new still in wrap leather gear knob.

I'd love to get hold of a set of brand new originals! I think Kev had several sets at one point but I think he'sold them all now but if anyone on else has a set they want to sell please PM me! :D

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”