[All] [Generic] A Policeman Is Your Friend - NOT!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mishadbull

Re: [All] [Generic] A Policeman Is Your Friend - NOT!!!

Post by mishadbull »

Being from the States I have to wonder why the UK makes it so freaking difficult. . .

I have lived in Hawaii, Rode Island, Oregon, and California, and have had vehicles in each place. Each time I needed to get plates I was issued a plate from the government that had standardised hole spacing, fonts, colours, size, and if 2 were required (some states are one plate and some are 2 plate) then I got the correct number too. These are made from an alloy, covered in high quality retro-reflective material, and last ages.

Should I want to register a private plate then all I had to do was go to the DMV and ask if it was available and pay a small fee. In Hawaii I had ONWARD on my motorcycle, cost me $25 extra per year.

On my Jeep I had mounted my plate to the front bumper and had bent it around the top so that it was not damaged when off roading. Perfectly legal.

I will never understand why the English government seems to delight in making EVERYTHING harder on its citizens.

Mike
JeffD

Re: [All] [Generic] A Policeman Is Your Friend - NOT!!!

Post by JeffD »

Its a way of getting extra tax...woops meant fine from you :-(

I forgot to pay mine on time and when I rang up today they wouldnt let me pay and said I have to wait for a magistrates demand which is an extra £15 on top :-(

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”