[FINALIZED] Black Rev 2 T-Bar, plus entire spare rev 2 engine - any offers

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

poser

Black Rev 2 T-Bar, plus entire spare rev 2 engine - any offers

Post by poser »

Time to say goodbye now.

Car has numerous problems and I don't have time or space to break it, but if anyone needs the bits off it, they can take the whole thing before the tax runs out at the end of the year.

The car is currently at my brother's house in Rugby, Warwickshire.

It's on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-TOYOTA-MR2-G ... otohosting

For eBay purposes, I've mainly kept to the good points (!) ; for Imoc, the problems are mainly as follows:

Starting problem. This is relating to the ACIS actuator/butterfly valves in the inlet manifold. However, I've spent quite a bit trying to figure out what's causing this and nobody has a clue. Best current guess is the ECU but nobody knows.

Engine actually runs well when it's running. Bit of smoke on start-up, though, probably needs new piston rings.

Suspension knocks, no aerial, power steering works but the motor is buzzing.

Other than that, it's grand ](*,)

It had a new clutch from Rogue that is still tight as anything (only about 1,000 miles put on it) and as the ad says, the tyres are mint, though the alloys need a refurb all round.

I also have an entire spare rev 2 engine which is in good nick but a cashflow problem meant I couldn't afford the refurb and transplant I had planned. This engine could be included in the sale if desired.

Last edited by poser on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowland

Re: [FINALIZED] Black Rev 2 T-Bar, plus entire spare rev 2 engine - any offers

Post by Rowland »

I might have a bid on this as it's only 7 miles away from where I live.
2 questions.

What's the gearbox like?
What sort of condition is the bodywork in?

:thumleft:
poser

Post by poser »

Hi mate,

the gearbox is great as far as I'm aware - never had any problems with it at all.

The body work is probably about a 6 or 7/10. Its bubbling slightly behind the front wheel arches but is pretty much tip-top elsewhere. A few tiny dings elsewhere but nothing major at all.

It polishes up nicely but in an ideal world I'd get it resprayed - it has a few swirls on, etc. Again, though, just details - it looks pretty good from a few feet away!
poser

Post by poser »

Bump - original post now includes pics. Ignore the white marks on the splitter - they're gone now.

35 people watching and plenty of interest but no bids so far... It kept firing perfectly over the weekend, too. I think it just prefers the Midlands to the north east. :eye:

Steve
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”