hate the wheels but lovely colour

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SuperRedMR2

hate the wheels but lovely colour

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

waynestoyotamr2

Re: hate the wheels but lovely colour

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Wheels are OK IMO - not sure about the two bumpers? Or is it just the bright sun light?

Regardless of that, it looks like a belting place to live!!

Its not like when I sell one of mine and the pictures are of drab old Northwich!!

Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

oooh, thats a nice mk1, even though the wheels are not to my usual aproval i think they really suit the car, Mmm really nice & yep that really looks a fab place to live too, you can just feel the warmth coming out of those pics :thumleft: ....... just like at JAE :tumbleweed: :mrgreen: , Jinxy
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

The listing says it's metallic beige. Looks more like a pewter kind of colour to me. Didn't we get a metallic beige in the UK or was it called champagne gold or something? :-k

I like the wheels, they wouldn't look good on all mk1s but they do complement this car well.

And the speaker install in the mk1a door cards looks quite tidy although I don't know how effective those speakers will be when the doors are closed. :-k
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Yep, we had champagne gold here, only on the mk1a though, its a rare colour indeed, probably rarer than silver, few few left, even more so since Garrick sprayed his one red :mrgreen: , Jinxy
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Yep, we had champagne gold here, only on the mk1a though, its a rare colour indeed, probably rarer than silver, few few left, even more so since Garrick sprayed his one red :mrgreen: , Jinxy

champagne gold (metalic biege) had a tendancy to lose its laquer leaving a porous surface rapidly increasing tendancy to rot away
(silver and to some extent the blue metalic ones do the same with bumper being the first to go)
there was one in the next village to me it just seemed to dissolve 'till only the glass and tyres were left :cry:
Lunarmatic

Post by Lunarmatic »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:few few left, even more so since Garrick sprayed his one red :mrgreen: , Jinxy

Ooh, Betty!
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

kevin..in wrote:
Tony jinxy froude wrote:Yep, we had champagne gold here, only on the mk1a though, its a rare colour indeed, probably rarer than silver, few few left, even more so since Garrick sprayed his one red :mrgreen: , Jinxy

champagne gold (metalic biege) had a tendancy to lose its laquer leaving a porous surface rapidly increasing tendancy to rot away
(silver and to some extent the blue metalic ones do the same with bumper being the first to go)
there was one in the next village to me it just seemed to dissolve 'till only the glass and tyres were left :cry:

Yep - this is exactly what happened to G's track car. The laquer was peeling off everywhere, and the front bonnett was even getting a few rust spots.
we took some parts from Betty before we sent her to the giant crusher in the sky, so the new and improved car is a mix of both.

The trrack car is now black & dark graphite grey.
Far better IMO than beige :oldtongue:

They are only rare because no-one bought them in the first place as they were soo bad :wink:
System-G

Post by System-G »

Lunarmatic wrote:
Tony jinxy froude wrote:few few left, even more so since Garrick sprayed his one red :mrgreen: , Jinxy

Ooh, Betty!

Nope not Betty... Betty was red... And it went to the scrapper some time ago.

We've recently resprayed a "rare" champagne coloured car as per Jo's post above :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”