[Mk2] [Generic] Carbon parts? (Just had a reply)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BLZ-8027

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Carbon parts? (Just had a reply)

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Just an update
I havent forgot about this, im still waiting on a reply from George I figured it wasn't worth placing the order until we have the full details of whats available ,

Ive also asked him to send a paypal request so i could pay but haven't had a reply to that mail either ,as soon as i do i will update the post

So for those that have paid don't worry your money is still safe
trevor
oBladeo

Post by oBladeo »

Any update yet?
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

oBladeo wrote:Any update yet?

Latest update from George after i mailed him this morning just to keep you updated .I'm still waiting for prices on the vents though

Hey Trevor,

Sorry for the delay, we had some e-mail issues, and then issues with the webhosting, so between that and the Canada day long weekend we fell a little behind on the correspondence and I'm just now finishing up getting back to everybody.

I do have some good news though, I've tracked down a local RHD MR2 owner that just recently parted out his car and saved all of the interior bits and he wants them all gone. Here is the stuff he has, and I can do any of it for you guys, so just let me please know which of it you think you would like, and if there is any other stuff i should maybe ask him for.

Here is the list he sent me of the stuff he has:

RHD Dash
RHD Stereo Bezel
RHD Ignition Bezel
RHD Cluster Trim
RHD Passenger Side Under-Dash Trim
Under Steering Column Trim w/ Storage Compartment
RHD HVAC Ducting - $Offers
RHD Rear Interior Trim (Driver's Side w/ hole for Hood Release) -
RHD Rear Interior Trim (Passenger's Side) - $
RHD A-Pillar Trim for Hardtop/Sunroof (Driver's Side w/ holes for gauge pod) - $
RHD A-Pillar Trim for Hardtop/Sunroof (Passenger's Side) - $
RHD Steering Column Surround -
Right Quarter Window Shroud for Hardtop/Sunroof - $
Left Quarter Window Shroud for Hardtop/Sunroof - $
Center Console - $
Grey Hardtop Headliner (small tear on mounting tab)- $
Upper Rear Glass Trim - $
Lower Rear Glass Trim - $
Firewall Carpet -
RHD Door Sill Set -
Center Console Box - $

As far as the dash is concerned, I'd have to see it, but if you guys are interested in replacement cf dashes for more serious weight reduction, it's something I'm starting to make for the Nissan S13 crowd, and i see no reason why it wouldn't work as well on the MR2. Shipping I'm guessing would suck though, but if you're interested, it's something we can look into, since it probably wont actually be that bad once you factor in the strength of the Pound.

For some reason I haven't been able to get a set of those window triangles, but I've asked this guy with the RHD if he still has his and I'm waiting for him to reply today... I've had a couple people offer to lend me theirs while their cars were being worked on over the summer, but i need a few sets to be able to make them for you quickly, since you guys want so many. I will get at least a set ASAP so we can start at least the first batch of then by Monday at the latest. With one set it might take as much as 3 weeks, so I'm gonna try to get at least 3 sets so we can have them out the door in 2 weeks or better... I will keep you updated on this!

Sorry again for the miscommunication, hopefully there'll be no more issues from here on, I'll make sure to get back to you right away

Thank you for your patience,
George
rev3kid

Post by rev3kid »

](*,) i want it all :-k :-k :whistle: :thumleft:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Well ive still not heard anything from this guy ,So if ive not heard by Saturday ill refund those that have paid ,and go from there

Sorry but it seemed a good idea at the time :oops:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Well ive refunded the people that paid :thumleft:

Had a reply again from George, Good news is the vented type will only be $5 more\:D/

However it seems hes having issues locating parts
ive got a pair of window vents that i am going to send over to see if i can get this thing off the ground quicker

In his mail he says hes coming over to the UK soon and could meet up ,Im not in a position to meet him though, but if anyone lives near the airport ?
I could post you the vents and you could meet with him to sort something out and have a chat and maybe give him a wish list of parts?? :-k

Anyway heres his mail

Hey Trevor,

I don't know what to say, the couple people that got back to me about the triangles bailed out or never got back to me...... i couldn't imagine it'd be this complicated, but i guess there are far fewer MR2s here in Calgary than I thought. So I was thinking. I'm heading to Europe on the 24th of July, and gonna get things organized with some friends there and start producing the parts from there as well, so we can better deal with our European customers. We've got the space rented out and everything, so we're gonna start producing parts from there starting in early august, after i come back from a short Greece vacation. So if it's ok with you, I was thinking we should hold off just a little bit longer, and we can just make them for you from there. I'd still need a set or two of OEM triangles, and i don't mind either paying you to ship them to me there if you can get some from where you are, or obviously giving you a discount like do yours for free or whatever. Also, since we'll be making stuff from there, if there is something else that you guys would like done, you can also just ship it to me, and i can make as many carbon fiber pieces from them as you need. I'm actually flying through the UK and gonna be transferring from Gatwick to Heathrow, so if you want, we can even meet up at the airport and you can just give me the triangles so you don't have to ship them, if that works out for you... i could bring a couple other small finished pieces in my carry-on too, so you can see exactly how the finish products look like when you come.

Let me know what you think. In my opinion, I think once we start producing from Europe it will make things very smooth and a lot easier, since we'll be able to easily make parts for the specific European models, and shipping will no longer be an issue on larger parts.

Thanks you again for your patience
George

PS: the slotted ones will probably be about $5 more, and even the non-slotted ones can be easily slotted by the customer, since the outline of the slots will be imprinted on the back of the panels, making it really easy to trace out. Please let me know if you can help me get at least a set of triangles, because this is something I'd really like to do. Thanks again!
oBladeo

Post by oBladeo »

Hi
My girl friend works at the airport (heathrow) everyday so i could get her to give him them if the worst comes to the worst.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

oBladeo wrote:Hi
My girl friend works at the airport (heathrow) everyday so i could get her to give him them if the worst comes to the worst.

Ive asked him for his address so ill see what he says and maybe post them to you?

this is the email address if you want to contact him and arrange?
[email protected]
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

So really you're just adding carbon as a laminate? Excellent weight savings then. Why not just retrim the interior with £20 notes... surely thats the effect you're after?

R.
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

the parts are not for weight saving, there for the looks 8)

we were talking about the triangles behind the rear windows anyway... how heavy are they?
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

HighwayStar wrote:So really you're just adding carbon as a laminate? Excellent weight savings then. Why not just retrim the interior with £20 notes... surely thats the effect you're after?

R.

Theres always one Image
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

hi fellas,
is it possible you take me in in that Groupbuy for LHD?
Iam from germany.
nevertheless i know this store does LHD parts - so i order everything they got except those windows vents O:)

i wrote them a detailed email - lets see what they answer.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

I haven't heard from them for ages ??????????
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

its a shame :( always the same with those Carbon fibre guys..

read this here :

http://www.srt4oa.com/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-215058.html

no good feedback but the work is ok as you can see all he ever done HERE

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php? ... enumber=13
[-X [-X [-X
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Daemonslayer wrote:its a shame :( always the same with those Carbon fibre guys..

read this here :

http://www.srt4oa.com/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-215058.html

no good feedback but the work is ok as you can see all he ever done HERE

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php? ... enumber=13
[-X [-X [-X

Didnt realise the same company had already been spoken off :oops:

Im sticking with this guy now just had some carbon dash bits delivered and they look good :thumleft: :thumleft:
hes on the owners club as well

<<EDITED BY ADMIN>>
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101647

Banned forum link removed and replaced with IMOC link for same trader.
<<EDITED BY ADMIN>>
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

Do you still have contact to this guy?the question is if he still does do those jobs and why he does not answer mails ect.

nice car u have mate i followed ur thread these days.I think i mus contact u some day..
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Daemonslayer wrote:Do you still have contact to this guy?the question is if he still does do those jobs and why he does not answer mails ect.

nice car u have mate i followed ur thread these days.I think i mus contact u some day..

Last contact i had was on the 3rd July
Hes not answered my return mail yet
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Daemonslayer wrote:Do you still have contact to this guy?the question is if he still does do those jobs and why he does not answer mails ect.

Had another mail this morning

Hey Trevor,

this is the fourth time I'm writing this message because I'm at a crappy internet cafe in Greece and it works like crap, so ill be very brief this time... I wasn't able to get a hold of you before coming here, but i wanted to let you know that I'll be arriving back in Bucharest on Tuesday, and we're gonna start making carbon parts right away. i unfortunately don't know the postal code to the shop off the top of my head so I'm gonna send you the full shipping address for those triangles as soon as i get back.

Thanks again for your patience in this, as long as you guys are still interested we'll get this done for you, and any other stuff you might want after, after you see how the parts come out and you are happy with the finished product.

Talk to you soon,

George
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Bonnet looks good on his website

Return to “Modifications”