[Mk2] [Generic] trd na? genuine on ebay

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Neil_turbo

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] trd na? genuine on ebay

Post by Neil_turbo »

I am still yet to see a with the TRD seats that are in the brochure. It is a shame in my eyes that the deal wasnt just for all the toys aswell! But with TRDs list of toys it would have made them very expensive!

I guess as they were sent back to the factory, many may have gone back already modified. If you had spent the money previously on cuscos you wouldn't fork out again to have them changed to TRD struts.

Neil
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Well the new owner is me and this is no fake TRD,the kit is a perfect fit and also has the proper wheel arch liners and the Tecnho craft plate is no fake either,someone in Japan or over here took out the TRD clocks which i believe are worth a fortune same thing happened to the previous owner of Tonni Rev 5 TRD.Whoever had this car in Japan spent a fortune on uprating all the tie bars suspension etc,for an NA boy does it go has a Toms ECU and supossidly a 2.2 stroker kit fitted i reckon its pushing 200 bhp plus.Obviously this car has been set up as a track car as the ride is hard as nails ,don't think i could live with that also the cambers have been adjusted for tow out so i need to have all this set up again for normal driving.
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

congrats on owning a stunning looking TRD :thumleft:
RST

Post by RST »

The body kit looks very good. I'm really interested to find out a bit more facts and figures about that engine.
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

congratulations Mick :D

I had a friend interested so the seller sent me some good details and pics and looks stunning, but you got in there first!

would love to have a good look at it someday :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yeah good buy IMHO. It's an appreciating classic if looked after. :thumleft:
T
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Neil_turbo wrote:congratulations Mick :D

I had a friend interested so the seller sent me some good details and pics and looks stunning, but you got in there first!

Thanks Neil still can't believe i own No 1,needs some work doing to it.the car has been set up for track use and all the geometry to the steering needs to be set back for normal driving plus the suspension is a bit tad on the hard side.Still for a 15 year old car its not bad but not up to my high standards so looks like i will have to shell out for a complete respray.Roll cage and seats will be up for grabs if any one is intrested PM me.
Forgot to add Neil, i contacted Steve at MR2 only mag and he is intrested in doing a TRD only shoot.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

TOPGUN wrote:..someone in Japan or over here took out the TRD clocks which i believe are worth a fortune ...

Might never have been in there chap.
T
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

TOPGUN wrote:
Neil_turbo wrote:congratulations Mick :D

Thanks Neil still can't believe i own No 1,needs some work doing to it.the car has been set up for track use and all the geometry to the steering needs to be set back for normal driving plus the suspension is a bit tad on the hard side.Still for a 15 year old car its not bad but not up to my high standards so looks like i will have to shell out for a complete respray.Roll cage and seats will be up for grabs if any one is intrested PM me.
Forgot to add Neil, i contacted Steve at MR2 only mag and he is intrested in doing a TRD only shoot.

Sounds good 8) will speak to Steve on getting a date sorted!

Mine didnt have the clocks when it arrived so spotted some on Yahoo auctions japan - mark (nightspirit) did the rest :) They do occaisionally pop up here!

Quite funny now though, have a 300mph car :clown: speedo doesnt move much and took a bit of getting used to!
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Nice car mate, will be very interested in seeing er in the flesh. What car will you be taking to jae?
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

well done and congrats on the purchase... Seen this at the docks when i collected my Rev5 tubby in june.. Took a sneaky pic on my mobile :mrgreen:

Rash
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

afennell wrote:Nice car mate, will be very interested in seeing er in the flesh. What car will you be taking to jae?

Will be taking the Purple monster,TRD NO1 is booked to go in the body shop on the 16th August for its makeover.
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

I can't believe why people don't think its a real TRD,had a few on the OC doubt it but having talked to Neil on here and on the OC confirms it i do own N01.I have contacted Fensport who knows the guy well who had the car imported and will be contacting TRD in japan for verification but he said don't get your hopes up.When people see this in the flesh they will realise it is a genuine TRD and not a fake one as people make out to believe. :D
TRD 2000GT

Post by TRD 2000GT »

Well from what I saw and drove of it last night it's definitely a genuine one.

And a lot of money and effort has gone into it - has a lot of torque for an N/a.. guessing the cams have been done aswell. Handling is pin sharp... Gorgeous car... something about the genuine ones that just sit absolutely spot on.

Very good deal for 7k..
ribbo

Post by ribbo »

TOPGUN wrote:I can't believe why people don't think its a real TRD

because it's the curse of the trd :) and because the internet breeds armchair experts :)

congrats on the purchase fella, you've finally got a plated one ;) :) andy told me he went out in it with you last night and it was a hoot, enjoy the ownership (ignore the crap you get for owning one) and wrap it in cotton wool, it's a classic :)
RST

Post by RST »

I must apologise, I thought that if it'd gone back to TRD then it would have just about everything TRD. Was a misunderstanding of how the TRD cars worked for me.

That said, I think the bodywork is awesome, but I am sooo sceptical of claims of cars for sale these days I suspect everything. Like I say, keen to hear about the engine as it seems like someone's done some real work against the "just fit a 3SGTE" arguement.
RST

Post by RST »

...wait a min, why not go a VVT-i swap and tune it? Glenn in NZ ? / AUS has BEAMS running about 300Bhp I think and offering complete built engines??
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

from the sounds of the engine i would definately be keeping as is :thumleft:
scottish_mr2

Post by scottish_mr2 »

TRD looks great TG! - can't wait to see what it puts out on the dyno! :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”