[Mk2] [NA] Uprated plug leads, which are best?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CM1GT

[Mk2] [NA] Uprated plug leads, which are best?

Post by CM1GT »

So there i was on sunday afternoon changing my spark plugs when one of my leads decides to come off in 3 pieces, i'm working on the theory that everything i'm replacing i'm uprating so i'm after a new set of leads,

Question is what to buy? my car is a rev 1 na with the 7mm push in leads, so far i've found splitfire, magnecor and bosch silicone leads all pretty similar priced and spec but does anyone have an opinion on which are best?

for info (if it matters) i'm running a k&n 57i, 4-1 manifold & flexi (no idea who makes it), janspeed s1 exhaust & cat pipe and ngk iridium ix grade 7 plugs, with the possibility of a chip and some cams in the near future

anyone got an opinion or a favourite?

Cheers,
Tony
Nev

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Uprated plug leads, which are best?

Post by Nev »

I got the Bosch ones, I've not had a problem yet. I remember someone telling me that the magnecor ones for the mr are prone to popping of the plug so I would avoid them personally!
RST

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Uprated plug leads, which are best?

Post by RST »

I had megnecor ones and helped a sluggish start-up issue I had. They didn't put a full kit in there though -summit like 2x no 2's, 1 number 1 and 1 number 4 and had to re-order correct missing 3 lead. Otherwise I had no problems personally, but only had them for about a year. You shuld file the lugs on the dizzy cap flush if you fit them if I remember correctly (might be wrong -I seem to remember doing it) -10 min job.

Return to “Modifications”