Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Ok i'll finally admit it.

Post by Lauren »

thai boxer wrote:Oh yeah because that really reads:

"The PS3 crashes all the time" doesn't it! ](*,) [-X =;

You read what you want to read and make up the rest. I've NEVER said the PS3 crashes all the time.

The above post was talking about one session using it with some mates. Trust me it crashed, and was damn slow with 4 player! I laughed my ass off when it f**ked up! All this talk about it being so great and we couldn't even play it for long without it crashing.

My mate who bought it was p*ssed! Lucky he's still got the receipt. :mrgreen:

This is your lame attempt to try to recover some credibility is it?

Arguing semantics when your intended point was clear. :-:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Lauren wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Oh yeah because that really reads:

"The PS3 crashes all the time" doesn't it! ](*,) [-X =;

You read what you want to read and make up the rest. I've NEVER said the PS3 crashes all the time.

The above post was talking about one session using it with some mates. Trust me it crashed, and was damn slow with 4 player! I laughed my ass off when it f**ked up! All this talk about it being so great and we couldn't even play it for long without it crashing.

My mate who bought it was p*ssed! Lucky he's still got the receipt. :mrgreen:

This is your lame attempt to try to recover some credibility is it?

Arguing semantics when your intended point was clear. :-:

Like I even have to.

The only person on here thats making a complete fool of themselves is you Lauren. No-one else.

My point and my words are clear to me and everyone else on here. You're the only one that has trouble....but thats understandable. :clown:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

thai boxer wrote:
Like I even have to.

The only person on here thats making a complete fool of themselves is you Lauren. No-one else.

My point and my words are clear to me and everyone else on here. You're the only one that has trouble....but thats understandable. :clown:

I don't seem to the only one if you read the thread properly.

Also i don't see anyone else telling me i'm constantly wrong, maybe, just maybe it could be you?

But anyway GLOL at your stubborness.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Your both bloody stubborn! [-(
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:Your both bloody stubborn! [-(

I know I am mate, its one of my attributes. :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:Your both bloody stubborn! [-(

I like to think i'm determined rather than stubborn. :tongue:
pcp

Post by pcp »

Goto10 wrote:
SamUK wrote:it must be an anti ps3 month or something cos theres a couple of people saying the same thing over on the OC.

It's always anti-PS3 month among our less classy game players here at IMOC :)
My friend has offered me a dead 360 with RROD (surprise) in exchange for a couple of beers, he's made the sensible upgrade to a PS3 so not really interested in it anymore - is it worth taking off his hands to attempt a repair? Comes with games, so may take it to give Halo a punt, next to nothing gaming can't be sniffed at I guess.

Take it off his hands, easy enough to fix, my first one RROD and i took it apart and used some electrical tape and 8 pennies to fix it and it worked fine, it crashed maybe 3 or 4 times since but 2 minutes with the towel trick sorted it. My elite hasn't crashed once yet, and i keep it in cabinet to keep it warm :mrgreen:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

/makes note to rename section "The red ring of Thai" :tongue:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

you do make me laught and would make a great couple

but i have a ps3 and mines crashes out whereas i never crash the xbox
ii have both so have an opionon on both
even lauren said on here first post "my ps3 hardly ever crashes" which means it has done at times.... the xbox never has except the 3 red lights ](*,)
my real hate with the ps is when i a game say COD 4 you unable to bring up your friends see who's online and join them
i am sorry then whats the point of having friends all you can do is invite them not join them
at least i can join my mates games on the xbox and see what they are doing whildst in the game not just on main screen

ps3 is good for blu ray films though :thumleft: thats what i use mine for not a console
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Pete, thats EXACTLY what I hate about the PS3. I love the little pop up screen on the 360 so I can see who's online and what they're playing AND send them a message without coming out of my game.

Why on Earth Sony decided not to have that function on the PS3 is almost laughable.

I hope that perhaps there will be an update for it to remedy this as it really is a bit pointless having friends that you cant see when playing games!
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

When i play Burnout and GTA4 it pops up saying who's just come online and allows me to join there game??
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

And if you miss that pop up?

I've seen something appear in the corner on mine but it only lasts a few seconds and then the only way to see anything is to leave the game, go to the menu and then find them deep in the menu some where.

It's really a bad design and as I say, I really hope that an update comes along to sort it.

I can press the Xbox button on the 360 and it'll automatically pause the game, show me who's online and what games they're playing. It also shows me all my friends and the last time they were online. I can also send messages to people and look at all the games they have played and their achievments.
All that adds to it for me and the compete lack of any of that is much more the reason I would rather buy a game for the xbox than the ps3.
All this talk about the games being different means jack all to me, it's all about the usability of the consoles and the 360 has the PS3 licked in that department.

But as I say, every one has their reasons, what I dislike about the PS3 others make like and vice versa.

I'm not gonna say some one is wrong because they think the PS3 is better.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Havnt really used it alot but with burnout you press one of the direction buttons and it brings up the online menu with your friends that are in that game.

PS3 has a long way to go to catch the 360 when it comes to online gaming. My problem with both consoles is why arnt there any decent split screen games. What happned to games like burnout takedown,golden eye,turok etc...

MarioKart is sitll my favourite current online title.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I know PGR and Forza are both multiplayer split screen games.

It's not so much the consoles fault there, more the games themselves for being single player.

IIRC NFS is single player.
phipck

Post by phipck »

Black Beast Pistol wrote:you do make me laught and would make a great couple

core, that shut them up :D

to be honest i like both, the power of the ps3 on paper is a technical marvel.....but like the jag xj220 it looks great and brilliant on paper but it just didnt live up to the hype, it was delayed and is jus outside of the average joes reach, the games are expensive and it seems to be hit or miss as to wether its realy that much of an investment as a gamer.

the 360 is by contrast more afordable, so instantly you will get people loving it for that, the games are accessable and there are volumes of them out. ok the early 360's die. but you have microsofts replacement policy in place to deal with it and theres a large established online community.

both have their strong and bad points, ps3 just hasnt hit it off so well.
its always been saga guys were loyal to the end, nintendo guys were loyal till the end. but with sony and xbox, ive seen lots of sony people go over to the "white" side with the 360. Its the first time i have ever experienced an "avid" console fan move from one brand to another.
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Spitting how much you selling for?

No one cares if you and Thai are having an affair really ;)
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I think the romantic link was between Thai and Lauren seeing as they're both as stobborn as each other lol.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Antstarr wrote:Spitting how much you selling for?

No one cares if you and Thai are having an affair really ;)

Pm me an offer mate,

It's on ebay at the moment, If you type in PS3 7 GAMES and select buy it nows only, mine is the cheapest on there by far.

I do honestly have to say when i had my 360 in the short period i had it i played on it nearly everyday.... the ps3 has been used a handfull of times.

As a console games machine the 360 wins hands down.

For pure quality graphics, fantastic gameplay and smooth smooth smooth frame rates my pc knocks them both in the water. But then again it probably cost 3 times as much lol.

I've always been a pc gamer, consoles just dont do it for me.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

matt_mr2t wrote:Pete, thats EXACTLY what I hate about the PS3. I love the little pop up screen on the 360 so I can see who's online and what they're playing AND send them a message without coming out of my game.

Why on Earth Sony decided not to have that function on the PS3 is almost laughable.

I hope that perhaps there will be an update for it to remedy this as it really is a bit pointless having friends that you cant see when playing games!

Ingame XMB should be making an appearance this month in firmware 2.40. Sadly the talk of open mic seems to have burnt out which is a shame. Having the option to enable your headset and chat to anyone online while playing any game would be cool.

Mine locks up every once in a while but it's only ever done it playing Warhawk.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

phipck wrote:
Black Beast Pistol wrote:you do make me laught and would make a great couple

core, that shut them up :D

to be honest i like both, the power of the ps3 on paper is a technical marvel.....but like the jag xj220 it looks great and brilliant on paper but it just didnt live up to the hype, it was delayed and is jus outside of the average joes reach, the games are expensive and it seems to be hit or miss as to wether its realy that much of an investment as a gamer.

the 360 is by contrast more afordable, so instantly you will get people loving it for that, the games are accessable and there are volumes of them out. ok the early 360's die. but you have microsofts replacement policy in place to deal with it and theres a large established online community.

both have their strong and bad points, ps3 just hasnt hit it off so well.
its always been saga guys were loyal to the end, nintendo guys were loyal till the end. but with sony and xbox, ive seen lots of sony people go over to the "white" side with the 360. Its the first time i have ever experienced an "avid" console fan move from one brand to another.

Spot on mate. :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”