Gold Level

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DJJAW11

Gold Level

Post by DJJAW11 »

Hi,Guys
I possible source (yet again hehe) for composite body parts for our AW11s, i furst found them via Ebay, see link below, and reply back from them...

Hi,

"thanks for getting in touch. There's been a fair amount of interest for mk1 mr2 parts, but group-buys from the owners club have failed to go-ahead, so we've not made any parts yet. We'd be looking to produce the bonnets, boots and engine covers later in the year, but could do some parts sooner if you were to commision a one-off, or organise an order of 5 or more of any part (in order to justify our tooling costs). Bonnets would be around £395, and the other parts nearer £300 per unit.

Please feel free to call or email if you are interested, have any questions, or if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards, Mike.

www.performance-trim.com

07717418174"

David

http://www.carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/DJJ/
kaiowas

Re: Gold Level

Post by kaiowas »

I've just fitted some of their carbon door cards on the sprint car and they mentioned doing other bits later in the year. Not sure whether I'll be able to justify spending that kind of money on bonnets and stuff but the door cards were decent value:

bburn13

Post by bburn13 »

8)
Look Good

Dave
89 SC - Beauty.
89 Track n/ail - The Red Dwarf
84 Blue 1.5 Tin Top Rummy, 54 RX8 -Rex
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

How much were their door cards?
jasper

Post by jasper »

Jo, I paid £85 for the pair from this guy, he also gave me a free offcut (about a foot square) so that I can infill the gap where the radio/heater used to be. I've just got cutouts for the door release, as in the pics above, but he will add any extra cutouts you want for no extra charge.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

£85 the pair plus postage. All precut with whatever holes you've asked for (I only wanted the door handles as the electric window switches have been relocated in the cabin)

Considering the alternative would have been spending £40-50 on big enough sheets of aluminium then mucking about cutting them to shape and inevitably cocking it up in some way ending up with something that would look rubbish I thought it was worth it. Plus every race car needs a bit of bling :p

Even got a couple of decent sized scraps in with the packaging (I think it was to stop it flexing too much in transit) which I'll no doubt find a use for at some point.
Porl\'\'

Post by Porl\'\' »

wow they look brilliant! like the doors of an F40 :P

Porl''
jasper

Post by jasper »

Kaiowas (sorry, don't know your name) where did you relocate the window switches to? Did you use new switches or utilise the existing ones? Any pics?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

jasper wrote:Kaiowas (sorry, don't know your name) where did you relocate the window switches to? Did you use new switches or utilise the existing ones? Any pics?

The driver side switches are now just inside the door tie wrapped to the metal reinforcing bar behind the dash. Passenger side has been junked.

I've completely rewired the doors, the central locking has been stripped out and there's no need for the window lock button so these were cut away to give the flat area of the switch panel which rests against the bar
jasper

Post by jasper »

Thanks mate. I've got a cage so won't be able to install there....back to plan B, on the centre panel where the radio used to be.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”