[Mk2] [Turbo] Idle Problem

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Moo

[Mk2] [Turbo] Idle Problem

Post by Moo »

I've got a problem with the idle revs from cold. It doesn't do it all the time but is now happening more frequently. When the car is started from the cold and not driven the revs will be ok for a few minutes but sometimes they will drop down to 500rpm and the car is almost stalling. Sometimes a blip of the throttle will clear it and the revs will return to the cold idle level and hold there but other times after a blip it's ok for a few seconds then the revs drop again. If I drive the car when it's got the low idle revs it drives ok and after a short run it's ticking over normally. This problem only seems to happen from cold.

Any ideas?

Cheers
misterT

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Idle Problem

Post by misterT »

Cold start injector perhaps? :-k

The only way i know to check this is to unplug it and check the ohms from the connections. Should be between 2 and 4 ohms.

I'm not sure if you can reach it without removing the throttle body though.

Nothing too difficult, just a few bolts, etc.
draw

oxy feul sensor

Post by draw »

i had the same problem and it eventually got worse, the car would stall and i had to keep it reving or hold it for a miniute or two.
anyways it turned out to be a problem with my oxyfuel sensor which cost me £290 to replace from toyota as they are the only ones who stock it
Moo

Re: oxy feul sensor

Post by Moo »

draw wrote:i had the same problem and it eventually got worse, the car would stall and i had to keep it reving or hold it for a miniute or two.
anyways it turned out to be a problem with my oxyfuel sensor which cost me £290 to replace from toyota as they are the only ones who stock it

Are you referring to the o2/lambda sensor?
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

rev3 don't have cold start. instead we have heated o2 sensor so maybe replace and see how that goes
Moo

Post by Moo »

Skywalker wrote:rev3 don't have cold start. instead we have heated o2 sensor so maybe replace and see how that goes

Thanks Luke, will try replacing that sensor :thumleft: Is this the one also known as the lambda sensor?

Do you know where the best place to get one would be other than Toyota?

Cheers
rossdymond3352

Re: oxy feul sensor

Post by rossdymond3352 »

Moo wrote:
draw wrote:i had the same problem and it eventually got worse, the car would stall and i had to keep it reving or hold it for a miniute or two.

Are you referring to the o2/lambda sensor?

If he is thats willy, there only "25 or so are they not?

Return to “Mechanical”