GTA4 - I am moist with excitement!

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Spittinflames

Re: GTA4 - I am moist with excitement!

Post by Spittinflames »

thai boxer wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:
Antstarr wrote::thumleft: Nice update Lauren.

PS3 is a better console and boasts better power for such a large capacity game, not suprising really.Im looking forward to getting this game I hear the multiplayer is pretty fun too. :clap:

LMAO, couldnt resist that one could ya sunshine lol.

Same game at the end of the day :thumleft:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clown: Exactly what I was gona say! So on your 'better console that boasts better power' the game looks exactly the same as the 360 version (which is brighter)...says a lot about the PS3 then doesn't it! :lol: :clap:

Yours might be brighter and more CARTOONISH *snigger* but at least ours can have more people/cars on the screen at any given time.

ya wee 360 must of been struggling.... better back down the graphics a touch.

All the brightness in the world wont save you from an empty enviroment. pfft 360 owners they'll make do with anything........ Oh wait i want a 360 for GOW2. I'd delete all that but i know it gets on thai's nipples :wink:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Spittinflames wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

LMAO, couldnt resist that one could ya sunshine lol.

Same game at the end of the day :thumleft:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clown: Exactly what I was gona say! So on your 'better console that boasts better power' the game looks exactly the same as the 360 version (which is brighter)...says a lot about the PS3 then doesn't it! :lol: :clap:

Yours might be brighter and more CARTOONISH *snigger* but at least ours can have more people/cars on the screen at any given time.

All the brightness in the world wont save you from an empty enviroment. pfft 360 owners they'll make do with anything........ Oh wait i want a 360 for GOW2. I'd delete all that but i know it gets on thai's nipples :wink:

How do you figure you'll have more on the PS3 than the 360?
It's the same game ported?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

well i can safely say they have ruined the driving!!!! u have to follow the car with ur right stick now its really damn annoying
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

H3RB wrote:well i can safely say they have ruined the driving!!!! u have to follow the car with ur right stick now its really damn annoying

eh?

Does the left stick not control the car anymore then? :shocked:

And if so can you re-assign the controls?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah the left stick does but now u have to steer the car and camera at the same time whereas it used to follow it auto
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

I'm talking about how much they can display.... For example, take 2 pcs... a high spec and a not so high spec. You can still have the same game on both but the not so high spec machine will lose some details.

It was mentioned in that review that lauren posted, The 360 cant handle as much, there no shame in it.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Spittinflames wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:

I'm talking about how much they can display.... For example, take 2 pcs... a high spec and a not so high spec. You can still have the same game on both but the not so high spec machine will lose some details.

It was mentioned in that review that lauren posted, The 360 cant handle as much, there no shame in it.

Yeah and then again in a later updated post from someone else that the final games were identical.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

H3RB wrote:yeah the left stick does but now u have to steer the car and camera at the same time whereas it used to follow it auto

Ahh i see. Is there nothing in the options to make it auto track?
Steve_Rutter

Post by Steve_Rutter »

It does auto-track the car, you can just look around freely with the right stick, you can change the viewpoint to a cinematic one where it slows time down a-la Max Payne and you can see the car from various other viewpoints as if you were watching a Gran Turismo replay, quite why you'd want to I don't know.
black2

Post by black2 »

pre ordered it at the weekend, i will be at the shops 12 monday/tuesday morning, i have tuesday off work so will be playing it non stop for a day.

the guy asked me if it was for the 360, i laughed at him and shouted ps3.

it made me smile!!!
:eye: :eye: :eye:
rev1 tubo being broken for bits......get while the cookies are hott

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100222
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Steve_Rutter wrote:It does auto-track the car, you can just look around freely with the right stick, you can change the viewpoint to a cinematic one where it slows time down a-la Max Payne and you can see the car from various other viewpoints as if you were watching a Gran Turismo replay, quite why you'd want to I don't know.

Doesn't sounds like its an issue then. :+:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

it does auto track BUT its very slow like really slow, when u drift a corner u end up looking at the side of the corner instead of the way u want to go.
but i jsut had a high speed smash and i came flying through my windscreen it was awsome lol
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

black2 wrote:

i laughed at him and shouted ps3.

We can't all be winners mate! :lol:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

lol friend in a shop my ar$e.

theres a pal 360 torrent out already. :-P
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

thai boxer wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

Yeah and then again in a later updated post from someone else that the final games were identical.

Actually Thai to quote " The graphical differences he mentions are even smaller now "

Not identical, but the 360 isnt far off the quality. What you've got to remember is the ps3 is the more powerfull machine.. theres no doubt as time moves on the games on the ps3 will get better, Its just how it is.

You seem to think the 360 is the be all and end all... it isnt. Is it good... yes.... is it the better system, fraid not.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

DP
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Spittinflames wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:

Actually Thai to quote " The graphical differences he mentions are even smaller now "

Not identical, but the 360 isnt far off the quality. What you've got to remember is the ps3 is the more powerfull machine.. theres no doubt as time moves on the games on the ps3 will get better, Its just how it is.

You seem to think the 360 is the be all and end all... it isnt. Is it good... yes.... is it the better system, fraid not.

Sorry mate, dont agree. Compare nearly all the games that are on both consoles....360 looks better. Fact. :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

the 360 is actually supposed to have a better gfx card......
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

all i can say is this game kicks ass:)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

H3RB wrote:all i can say is this game kicks ass:)

Thanks for the stonking in-depth review.

Just checked play.com... my order is being processed. :lover:

Return to “Games Consoles”