[Mk2] [Turbo] My Christmas (photos of wreck included)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Extubby

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My Christmas (photos of wreck included)

Post by Extubby »

No I am not missing the point!
Even if a car snaps and spins with little/no warning you will have a better chance of recovery if you have some good car control. Not saying that matt doesn't or didn't do what he could at the time. A driving course would not help him as it's happend but it may be very useful for the future.
fozzy rev3

yes u r..

Post by fozzy rev3 »

Ex tubs.. yeah you are :oldtongue:
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

mattcambs wrote:Thanks for the support guys :thumleft:

alan's post has made me regret posting about this. Might ask the mods to lock it.

Matt I dont know you, but just wanted to say, F*ck you were "lucky" to walk away from that! Hope your insurers dont take the pi$$ to much with settlement.

The reason i posted was in response to alan's. For what its worth I could not disagree more, accidents happen. I am sure like most people on here I have sympathy for you, not a wish to rant at your miss fortune.
fozzy rev3

Post by fozzy rev3 »

alanmr2turbo wrote: = knob head

..mmm irony?? :-$
Harry

Post by Harry »

alanmr2turbo wrote:Driving fast on wet greasy roads in a rwd car = knob heads Around by where i live your get alot of people driving like that and have ended up killing innocent people. When ever i see a crash in this sort of weather im quite happy to see a car wrapped around a lamp post, head on into a tree or in some cases which i have seen them upside down and hope the driver in the car has really hurt themselves badly ........why?.........easy........... atleast its only him that's hurt and not some innocent driver/padestrian hit or killed unless he has passengers, then i just feel sorry for them not the driver. All this talk of what tyres you got on wont make 1 scrap of difference if you hit a really greasy, wet part of the road.Think of it this way.........Formula 1 cars have more down force than you could think of, their tyres, well they cost more than some of the cars on here, yet you still see them spin out in wet conditions. So its not the car, its not the tyres.............ITS DRIVER ERRORBest solution of not spinning...........simple......drive the car to the conditions of the roads and not push it to its limitsOh and remeber RWD & FWD cars dont handle the same in the dry or wet.

Please; GET A GRIP! Do you think Matt, is a nob? Of course he is not! Matt IS NOT BOASTING about his driving experience he is being a man putting up his hand and being honest stating his error.[* Which Incidentally also serves to warn us others here of the dangers of the potential road conditions this time of the year and to heed caution! ] We all make errors! Still two wrongs do not make a right!

Making completely wide sweeping statements in not wanted here or in this thread. Thank you! and in my opinion. Matt is a decent man and a well respected person here! Not some little wet behind the ears CHAV you think you can talk down and through too! And your attitude sucks! Non of use would ever like to see any one wrapped around any pole no matter who they are. Best go have a good 'DUMP-ELSE-WHERE'! Sorry to hear about your bad road experiences please seek counselling!

Last edited by Harry on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

nikaiyo wrote:
mattcambs wrote:Thanks for the support guys :thumleft:

alan's post has made me regret posting about this. Might ask the mods to lock it.

Matt I dont know you, but just wanted to say, F*ck you were "lucky" to walk away from that! Hope your insurers dont take the pi$$ to much with settlement.

The reason i posted was in response to alan's. For what its worth I could not disagree more, accidents happen. I am sure like most people on here I have sympathy for you, not a wish to rant at your miss fortune.

His insurers have settled with him hence the post - he didn't want to post it before it was settled. Accidents do happen as most people have said, it happens whether you are the best driver or not...F1 car drivers crash too :D
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Harry wrote:
alanmr2turbo wrote:Driving fast on wet greasy roads in a rwd car = knob heads Around by where i live your get alot of people driving like that and have ended up killing innocent people. When ever i see a crash in this sort of weather im quite happy to see a car wrapped around a lamp post, head on into a tree or in some cases which i have seen them upside down and hope the driver in the car has really hurt themselves badly ........why?.........easy........... atleast its only him that's hurt and not some innocent driver/padestrian hit or killed unless he has passengers, then i just feel sorry for them not the driver. All this talk of what tyres you got on wont make 1 scrap of difference if you hit a really greasy, wet part of the road.Think of it this way.........Formula 1 cars have more down force than you could think of, their tyres, well they cost more than some of the cars on here, yet you still see them spin out in wet conditions. So its not the car, its not the tyres.............ITS DRIVER ERRORBest solution of not spinning...........simple......drive the car to the conditions of the roads and not push it to its limitsOh and remeber RWD & FWD cars dont handle the same in the dry or wet.

Please GET A GRIP! Do you think Matt, is a nob? Of course he is not! Matt IS NOT BOASTING about his driving experience he is being a man putting up his hand and being honest stating his error.[* Which Incidentally also serves to warn us others here of the dangers of the potential road conditions this time of the year and to heed caution! ]
We all make errors! Still two wrongs do not make a right!

Making completely wide sweeping statements in not wanted here or in this thread. Thank you! and in my opinion. Matt is a decent man and a well respected person here! Not some little wet behind the ears CHAV you think you can talk down and through too! And your attitude sucks! Non of use would ever like to see any one wrapped around any pole no matter who they are. Best go have a good 'DUMP-ELSE-WHERE'! Sorry to hear about your bad road experiences please seek counselling!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd30 ... ruba23.jpg

Here here Harry! I agree
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
fozzy rev3

wow..

Post by fozzy rev3 »

Harry... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

....and remind me never to get on the wrong side of you dude 8-[ :mrgreen:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Harry wrote:

Please; GET A GRIP! Do you think Matt, is a nob? Of course he is not! Matt IS NOT BOASTING about his driving experience he is being a man putting up his hand and being honest stating his error.[* Which Incidentally also serves to warn us others here of the dangers of the potential road conditions this time of the year and to heed caution! ] We all make errors! Still two wrongs do not make a right!

Making completely wide sweeping statements in not wanted here or in this thread. Thank you! and in my opinion. Matt is a decent man and a well respected member here! Not some little wet behind the ears CHAV you think you can talk down and through too! And your attitude sucks! Non of use would ever like to see any one wrapped around any pole no matter who they are. Best go have a good 'DUMP-ELSE-WHERE'! Sorry to hear about your bad road experiences please seek counselling!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd30 ... ruba23.jpg

Well said Harry :thumleft:
Last edited by Moo on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Moo wrote:
Harry wrote:

Making completely wide sweeping statements in not wanted here or in this thread. Thank you! and in my opinion. Matt is a decent man and a well respected member here! Not some little wet behind the ears CHAV you think you can talk down and through too! And your attitude sucks! Non of use would ever like to see any one wrapped around any pole no matter who they are. Best go have a good 'DUMP-ELSE-WHERE'! Sorry to hear about your bad road experiences please seek counselling!

Well said that man :thumleft:

Alan, suggest you have a read :-k

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/car ... iends.html
Harry

Re: wow..

Post by Harry »

fozzy rev3 wrote:Harry... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....and remind me never to get on the wrong side of you dude 8-[ :mrgreen:

:twisted: Damn right! Matt has put up this thread to share his disappointment and his horrific experience and hopefully will be re motivated by us to help him continue his MR 2 car enthusiasm again. And at the least we can be kind,compassionate and caring towards him. :D
Harry

LMFAO!

Post by Harry »

Paul, :lol: :clap: :twisted: :mrgreen: ROTFL :clap:

Moo wrote:Alan, suggest you have a read

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/car ... iends.html
Harry

Post by Harry »

Chr15py wrote:and one sweedish made pen1s enlarger in pink made out to Matt

8Image removed by admin*

:lol:
Chris

Ha ha ha...pmsl :wink: :lol: :clap: ...damn if they work can we do a group buy? Looks a bit small though might need the next size up! :mrgreen: :lol: :eye: :oldtongue: :-k
fozzy rev3

pm..

Post by fozzy rev3 »

just send a pm to mattcambs - for group buy of above... 8-[ :mrgreen:
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

Ok he admits he likes to find the limit of his car, he found it and more.

Im deeply sorry that is car got wrote off...............NOT

All im saying is that he was extremly lucky not to have hit another car or even worse a person.

If that lampost he hit was a kid how would he feel then, what would you all say to him then??????????

Sorry but he was driving like a knob head in wet greasy roads. If you want to find the limit of your car, heres a suggestion....................FIND IT ON A RACE TRACK AND NOT THE ROADS.

As for driving on bald tyres like someone said here, yes well done they would be crap in the wet, but would be great in the dry. But then that is still down to driving your car for the weather conditions
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

alanmr2turbo wrote:As for driving on bald tyres like someone said here, yes well done they would be crap in the wet, but would be great in the dry.

Proves you obviously know nothing about tyres.

Congratulations.
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

alanmr2turbo wrote:Ok he admits he likes to find the limit of his car, he found it and more.

Im deeply sorry that is car got wrote off...............NOT

All im saying is that he was extremly lucky not to have hit another car or even worse a person.

If that lampost he hit was a kid how would he feel then, what would you all say to him then??????????

Sorry but he was driving like a knob head in wet greasy roads. If you want to find the limit of your car, heres a suggestion....................FIND IT ON A RACE TRACK AND NOT THE ROADS.

As for driving on bald tyres like someone said here, yes well done they would be crap in the wet, but would be great in the dry. But then that is still down to driving your car for the weather conditions

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well said that man, what a way to make yourself look like a total idiot. Its not bad enough that Matt has had an accident, you have to come on here with your self centred opinions and kick him while he is down.

Great going mate, give yourself a pat on the back you must be very proud of yourself.

and as for bald tyres being great in the dry... who in their right mind thinks thats a good idea. I will tell you who, its people like you who have no common sense and clearly no regard for the feelings of others.

and as clearly an expert driver, as your able to pass judgment on others driving, when your ego causes your car to spin, we will always be able to come on here and laugh at you.

:thumleft:
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

alanmr2turbo wrote:
When ever i see a crash in this sort of weather im quite happy to see a car wrapped around a lamp post, head on into a tree or in some cases which i have seen them upside down and hope the driver in the car has really hurt themselves badly ........why?.........easy........... atleast its only him that's hurt and not some innocent driver/padestrian hit or killed unless he has passengers, then i just feel sorry for them not the driver.

its people like you that drag the human race down, that has to be the most pathetic closed minded thing i have read in a long time.

It quite safe to say if i ever saw you in an accident i would leave you there, hell i would even flick the match. :thumleft:
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Gentlemen - can we please keep on topic and not start pointing fingers from our ivory towers. Matt made an error, he admits to it, has learnt from it and no-one was hurt.

Unless you have something to say that doesn't involve twisting knives or rubbing salt in, please keep it to yourself or face being moderated or having the thread locked.

Also, I've removed a potentially offensive photo that has nothing to do with the thread - please remember the range of people who are members of IMOC.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

holy cow :shock:
you never said it was THAT bad
glad you are ok dude

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”