[Mk2] [Generic] Scared of Mk2s -how to make them safer

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Scared of Mk2s -how to make them safer

Post by mr2nut123 »

Ian Geary wrote:my rear T1Rs are getting on a bit now, and in the damp the car will start to twitch if I use the full rev range.

Having said that. I'm currently taking my DAS course, and compared to that the MR2 is like being back in the nursery - so safe and easy to get around in.

so to me it's just a question of perspective.

coming from a fwd car it took a while (and new tyres) before I was confident of what the car would and wouldn't do.

I didn't use a track day for this, but there are still ways of doing it safely (eg car parks, wide empty roads etc)

ps I'd forgotten what it was like to be on £18k - my motor then was a 1.1L fiesta popular...tyres £15 each - bargain :thumleft:

Ian

I dont have a house at the mo so it's easy to run this thing. It's pretty decent wage for my age for time being but once I get the house i'll be off for a 23k+ job etc.

Luckily my dads in the trade so all the stuff I get is massively discounted, mots, service etc. otherwise I couldnt afford to run it properly and wouldnt bother at all.
CosmosblueMR2

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Scared of Mk2s -how to make them safer

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

sod £200 for a trackday - spend £40 and have all day on an Airfield ... I learnt more about oversteer in 2 hours going sideways around cones than a whole day on a "track"

it's a no brainer :eye:
Car now Sold :cry: damn 5th Lumber Disc !

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”