Audi 'experience'

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

luthor1

Audi 'experience'

Post by luthor1 »

Coming home from work last night, came to some lights and was next to a 4.2 V8 Tdi Quattro Audi A8. Was wet and miserable. Ahead the road goes from 2-to-1 so I left the lights pretty sharp to nip infront of him. He did the same and hung on to around 60 leaving me nothing to do but brake, so I did only to find him matching my braking and leaving me no run-off!

I had the car stood on her nose to tuck in behind him at which point he then accellerated back up to the speed limit.

Dunno whether he was used to just leaving everything for dead (they are 5.7 to 60!!) or whether he thought I needed some lesson or another??

Well, I just thought he was a nob.
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Re: Audi 'experience'

Post by Tiamat »

You should buy yourself an Evo, you'd have had him at the lights then....

*runs for cover*
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Draven

Post by Draven »

Tiamat wrote:You should buy yourself an Evo, you'd have had him at the lights then....

*runs for cover*

:shock: wtf
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

LOL!! very drole Tiamat, very drole!! :tongue:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

luthor1 wrote:LOL!! very drole Tiamat, very drole!! :tongue:

Thought you'd like that :clown:

There is a chance he thought the same as you "oh it goes from 2 into 1, i'll floor it and get infront" then had the same thought as braking. It could be an almighty coincidence. Seen it with my mates before when we went of the lights, both braked to allow the other in and then accelerated and then braked etc. Got very confusing.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

luthor1 wrote:Well, I just thought he was a nob.

There's your problem, right there.

As a BMW owner, I get used to all the digs about how we think we own the road etc but, I swear, I reckon it's AUDI drivers these days.

It's as if they're all driving around with a huge chip on their shoulder thinking "My car is f**kin' great but nobody ever gives it any credit! I'll show em!!!"

9 times out of 10 it's an AUDI that does stuff like going up the inside of you on a slip-road, diving past where a road narrows or overtaking on roundabouts.
I dunno, they just seem to drive like they're always out to prove something.
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

Agreed i get more xxxx from audi's.

They promptly get owned!

Its generally the usual TDi fag's

Nick
Raf

Post by Raf »

i agree with Tiamat; he broke probably trying to let you in but saw you brake so put his foot down again.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Si_Crewe wrote:
As a BMW owner, I get used to all the digs about how we think we own the road etc but, I swear, I reckon it's AUDI drivers these days.

:shock: What can you be talking about, BMW drivers do still own the road. These Audi drivers are merely young pretenders. Do they own the BMW lane on the motorway?

Nope. We do. :thumright:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

If it was a BMW I would have known he'd have been a nob and been on the balls with the amber light!!! I waited until green and just floored it progressively, not wheelspin or revving!!

Well, it was scary, I'm sure he wasn't trying to kill me, just didn't know my Kumho's could brake like that in the wet!! :pray:

:thumleft:
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

Si_Crewe wrote:

It's as if they're all driving around with a huge chip on their shoulder thinking "My car is f**kin' great but nobody ever gives it any credit! I'll show em!!!"

That's exactly what it is, actually. I work for Audi (only for another week, then I'm off to....BMW, ironically :lol: ) and a LOT of the customer feedback I see about the brand contains a load of arrogant crap about why they have Audi's and not BMW's because you have to be a right hand jockey to have a BMW, and if you have an Audi you're so much better (and that's verbatim).

Anyway the 4.2 TDI A8 is a heavy old tanker with about 1000rpm worth of useful torque...if it was a W12 or V10 you'd have been toast :thumleft:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

hehe if he'd have pasted me then I'd have posted that and not almost crashed dude!! ](*,)
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

shibby! wrote:

Nick

Total Dickheads Inside

It seems that any oil burner with over 250 lb/ft of uber-torque seems to imbue its driver with an "I own the road" attitude. They're generally the sort of t0ssers that turn left from the right hand lane at a rounabout in order to queue-jump.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mattcambs wrote:[
It seems that any oil burner with over 250 lb/ft of uber-torque seems to imbue its driver with an "I own the road" attitude. They're generally the sort of t0ssers that turn left from the right hand lane at a rounabout in order to queue-jump.

Yep these turbo drivers are terrible for that aren't they? ;)
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Oi!!!

thought you drove a mk1.5 and liked it? I'm sure I read between the lines that you were impressed with it??
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

luthor1 wrote:Oi!!!

thought you drove a mk1.5 and liked it? I'm sure I read between the lines that you were impressed with it??

GLOL.. just a bit of humour thats all, but i wonder if all the guys on the TDI forums are having a similar kind of discussion. ;)

Yes i did like it was very impressive on teh road.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Lauren wrote:
mattcambs wrote:[

Yep these turbo drivers are terrible for that aren't they? ;)

TBH, Lauren I'm normally in the Civic during the week when the TDis are bombing around. The Turbo comes out at the weekends for some spirited A&B road driving.

I think the fact that the TDis also get good mpg adds to their smugness! What's funny is that when the 130K Civic needs replacing (not likely at this rate as the thing is so damn reliable) I want to get an Audi or Bimmer diesel estate! :lol: :lol:

If you can't beat 'em..... :wink:
EVilDAve³

Post by EVilDAve³ »

mattcambs wrote:
shibby! wrote:

Nick

Total Dickheads Inside

That's a bit narrow of you, a lot of diseasel drivers have a second car like an MR2 and drive their toys as wankishly as they drive their panzer wagons.

Re: turning left from the right hand lane in the roundabout, personally I find it far more satisfying to bomb up the right hand lane to a roundabout past the traffic, turn right around the roundabout, go all the way around and come back to exercise my newly found right-of-way and make the original left turn while giving the people in the queue an infuriating xxxx-eating grin :mrgreen:
Rev2_mike

Post by Rev2_mike »

EVilDAve³ wrote:
mattcambs wrote:
shibby! wrote:

Nick

Total Dickheads Inside

That's a bit narrow of you, a lot of diseasel drivers have a second car like an MR2 and drive their toys as wankishly as they drive their panzer wagons.

Re: turning left from the right hand lane in the roundabout, personally I find it far more satisfying to bomb up the right hand lane to a roundabout past the traffic, turn right around the roundabout, go all the way around and come back to exercise my newly found right-of-way and make the original left turn while giving the people in the queue an infuriating xxxx-eating grin :mrgreen:

...and what does that say about you i wonder? :whistle:
olly22n

Post by olly22n »

Rev2_mike wrote:
EVilDAve³ wrote:
mattcambs wrote:

Total Dickheads Inside

...and what does that say about you i wonder? :whistle:

one of my favorites that manouvre!! :clap:

Return to “Driving Experiences”