[Mk2] [Turbo] Pete @ SBits

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

-:[KM]:-

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Pete @ SBits

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Exactly..

Persist.
planted1

Post by planted1 »

i havent dealt with this supplier before,but i know that he is known personally to many on here,and reccommended which is great,
but,
if your in buisness , you have to "make time"for your customers,after all thats what pays your bills,
being busy is not really an answer,its a staffing problem.

no offence peter,
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

planted1 wrote:i havent dealt with this supplier before,but i know that he is known personally to many on here,and reccommended which is great,
but,
if your in buisness , you have to "make time"for your customers,after all thats what pays your bills,
being busy is not really an answer,its a staffing problem.

no offence peter,

spot on.

Ive dealt with Peter, superb service i recieved but too many slips will cause long term damage.
Fred

Post by Fred »

-:[KM]:- wrote:Exactly..

Persist.

5 months...........customs.........

I can get ANY (standard) part from Toyota for a 15 year old Jap import car within 2 working days and they ALL come from abroad .

If the downpipes were hand rolled on a virgins thigh in a Cuban forest I'd still expect them to arrive within 7 days max .
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Fred wrote:
-:[KM]:- wrote:Exactly..

Persist.

5 months...........customs.........

I can get ANY (standard) part from Toyota for a 15 year old Jap import car within 2 working days and they ALL come from abroad .

If the downpipes were hand rolled on a virgins thigh in a Cuban forest I'd still expect them to arrive within 7 days max .

OK then - get me an Extremeboost downpipe for a MkII please, and I'd like it within 7 days. I'll happily pay you what I have paid Peter + 10% :roll: ](*,)

It's probably wise if people who aren't involved in this particular issue didn't keep fuelling what is potentially a damaging thread to an affiliate who 99% of the time has bent over backwards to help MR2 owners.

The facts (please read before posting spurious comments):

1) When Peter realised the DPs would be delayed, he informed all those who had ordered one of the situation
2) The DPs have to all intents and purposes been lost by customs in a huge warehouse amongst over 100,000 other items
3) No-one but FedEx can contact customs directly to resolve the matter, which they have done
4) No-one but customs officials have access to said warehouse so it's not like Peter can just stroll down there, have a nosey around and find them
5) Peter has tried ALL avenues to get replacement DPs but to no avail - the extra few that Jeff at Extremeboost was hoping to send haven't materialised
6) EVERYONE supplying Extremeboost DPs in the UK is in the same situation

Everyone has 'blips' now and again - it's how they're dealt with that's important. I'm happy that Peter is doing all he can about getting these DPs.

The ONLY thing I feel he hasn't done well is that communication hasn't been good in all cases and I'm sure Peter will take that on board and hopefully do something to improve that side of his business, but for people who know diddly-squat about the situation to come on here talking about potential damage to his reputation isn't exactly fair.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

JAP BOY wrote:OK! :|
Feedback is always good Matt its sometimes going to be to your liking other times it wont be simple as!
The way I see it if your not satified with his customer service just say but names such as w*nker or asking if someone is sh*t it seems to be heading towards personal ok!
I'm sure Pete will be posting a reason sooner or later ok mate! :)
Chris also just to add mate I weren't attacking you on the post or any one else its just an observation .

Just to clarify guys: it wasn't me that called Pete a w@nker. Whoever said that was out of line. If you read my previous post I said that personal attacks on Pete are not on.
iblis

Post by iblis »

mattcambs wrote:Just to clarify guys: it wasn't me that called Pete a ******. Whoever said that was out of line. If you read my previous post I said that personal attacks on Pete are not on.

(not directing any of the below at you matt)

Yes they were out of line. Someone wants to air a grievance about service received somewhere that's one thing, but a public forum is not the place for personal insults like that. Does no one else think that comment should have been moderated?

EDIT: I have since learned how the 'Report Post' button works, lol

Yes I have dealt with Peter before and it was quick and simple and the goods received were spot on at a better than fair price. But I guess in that case there was nothing completely out of his control to worry about, like customs.

If the guy has a personal crisis going on at the moment as well, why not cut him some slack? It sounds like it was a great deal and no matter what you will at least get your money back.

Just my 2c, but he's a member of the community, trader or not.
Last edited by iblis on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

It probably hasn't been moderated as nobody has reported it...if people think things are out of line they should be reported.

The general policy of IMOC is for people to report their own experiences too, jumping on the bandwagon is a no no, reporting poor service seems reasonable, even if the trader is a popular one. But I agree name calling is a bit playground.
T
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Update.
I've spoken to Pete this morning and has filled me in fully with exactly what's happening at the moment.
I still feel a little annoyed with the situation but no more than pete is I guess. When I have delt with pete, I feel better after. It's the "in-between" that I struggle with.
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
planted1

Post by planted1 »

what exactly is the problem with customs?
customs dont just hold onto things.

i ask because a great deal of parts ive bought have been from the usa
(uk suppliers couldnt match on price or availability unfortunately)
and ive not had a problem so far.

lets not get all defensive about a genuine criticism on customer contact and delivery,by someone(not the only one) frustrated by the situation,
its not about fuelling the fire,the guy has a genuine beef,and i,as a potential customer ,would like to see how it pans out thats all.
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

customs and excise have the right to do just about anything.
If they deem an item worthy of their investigation then they can hold that item until they are satisfied.

Now, they have huge huge huge holding areas (bonded warehouses) where they store all this stuff whilst pending the outcome of their investigations.

One of the batches of DP's has been "LOST" by C&E in one of these warehouses hence the delay.
iblis

Post by iblis »

planted1 wrote:what exactly is the problem with customs?
customs dont just hold onto things.

i ask because a great deal of parts ive bought have been from the usa
(uk suppliers couldnt match on price or availability unfortunately)
and ive not had a problem so far.

lets not get all defensive about a genuine criticism on customer contact and delivery,by someone(not the only one) frustrated by the situation,
its not about fuelling the fire,the guy has a genuine beef,and i,as a potential customer ,would like to see how it pans out thats all.

From a post further up this page:

jmachling wrote:1) When Peter realised the DPs would be delayed, he informed all those who had ordered one of the situation
2) The DPs have to all intents and purposes been lost by customs in a huge warehouse amongst over 100,000 other items
3) No-one but FedEx can contact customs directly to resolve the matter, which they have done
4) No-one but customs officials have access to said warehouse so it's not like Peter can just stroll down there, have a nosey around and find them
5) Peter has tried ALL avenues to get replacement DPs but to no avail - the extra few that Jeff at Extremeboost was hoping to send haven't materialised
6) EVERYONE supplying Extremeboost DPs in the UK is in the same situation
Stretchermunkey

Peter @ Sbits

Post by Stretchermunkey »

I have to agree with KM, Peter will absolutely not rip you off. I'm in the process of buying a Mark 1 Turbo off Peter, It's taken longer than I hoped and got a little frustrating at times, but that's down to various things, Sometimes I can't get through, or get promised a call back that doesn't happen, But He is absolutely honest. There are many bits on my new car that I didn't know about when I agreed to buy, ie Original boot mat, Original car mats, Mr2 Glo Badge, etc. All stuff that could have been stripped off and Ebay'd for a tidy sum, But it's all there. He has also spent alot of his own time "unpaid" fixing probs and sourcing parts for my car. The problem as many say is that he is a victim of his own success.
I'll still be going back because the lack of reliability is down to trying to help too many people at the same time, rather than just being a "w**ker" as someone kindly suggested before. And trying to find a honest Mechanic these days is getting difficult.
Peter take the advice of prev member, Get a secretary.
Steve :wink:
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

I can vouch for Peter being a 100% spot on guy
i bought ALL my bits for my rebuild ,including turbo from Peter
I also had some problems with customs on my Turbo But Pter kept me up to date with progress and it was just one of those things

Peter is very busy ,you just have to be patient with him ,He ALWAYS stands by his word though
michael

Post by michael »

3sgte wrote:
He ALWAYS stands by his word though

Apart from when he promises to call you back at a certain time...

Ultimately he's losing business but given the fact he's obviously unable to cope with the business he has at present that might be a good thing.
ben_mr2

dp

Post by ben_mr2 »

just wish i could get my refund havin given him my card details twice. Hes promised to phone and still hasnt.
planted1

Post by planted1 »

looks like you will have to wait for your parts,

you spoke to the supplier,who spoke to his supplier,who spoke to fed-ex,who spoke to customs,who said........its lost.

so thats that then.

and no i dont blame s-bits or peter,but somebody needs to apply some pressure somewhere anywhere,

and isnt this what a forum is for,to discuss and solve problems.
nisnos

Post by nisnos »

I have alerted peter to this thread and he has taken the appropriate remedial action with the thread starter.

If you have no joy contacting peter PM me and ill do my best to highlight it to him.

thanks

David
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

1 month + I'm still waiting for center pannel for rev 1, post office are messing things up peter so far has been trying to sort things out. lol we are on our 3rd or 4th one to be sent out now I dont blame peter just the post office things will be sorted in the end
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

JAP BOY wrote:I've heard good things about Peter@Sbits too but haven't used him.

Guys in my view too much of you are way too keen to jump on IMOC and rant when a Trader doesn't deliver! Ok fair enough his customer services hasn't been that good!

- in 5 months I've not posted anything on IMOC about my missing parts. This seemed a relevant post to which I could add my experience

In my veiw your 1st step should have been to post on IMOc to see if he had been in contact with any one else from the site. Then keep calling and try to make contact with him.

- there's only so many times you get the engaged tone before it hacks you off (to be fair I had one missed call from Sbits - tried to call back, engaged...)

You guys were way to keen once again to give SBITS a good slating and call Peter disrespectfull names.

- the comments above don't constitute a "good slating". If I was to post a good slating, it would get moderated in a flash.

Now its emerged that the DP are being held by customs would you like Peter to call the A-Team to go and get them!

- The DPs are a specific issue, so without direct experience i'm not going to comment, which I think is a good principle to stick to, even though it is not shared by everyone on here

By you guys slating good traders on IMOC i fear all this is doing is driving away people who are passionate to bring every performance part imaginable to Us IMOC the MR2 COMMUNITY!

Carry on guys :|

as for driving a wedge through the IMOC community, there are still plenty of people falling over themselves to praise Sbits.

In fact, I recall a similar situation with 3S. One fairly mild, fairly well balanced criticism from someone who had held his tounge for a while, and wham - he was mobbed by dozens of people saying it can't happen, the company in question were great, it was the OP doing something wrong, he exaggerated etc.

But I don't want to go into that (having just received excellent service from 3S)

So, to summarise again

- No one has been disrespectful in this thread. From when I have spoke to Pete 2 years ago now) he was extremely helpful and knowledgable about MR2s.

However, this isn't enough in a commerical environment when he has people's hard earned in his bank.

As far as I'm concerned, if other IMOCers have had a good experience, then good luck to them. I'm not trying to take that away from anyone.

However, I've purchased 3 items from Sbits:

front ball joints - didn't fit. Supplier had sent a wrong batch to Sbits. Pete worked his @rse off getting it sorted, and after about 2 weeks my car was back on the road. I won't call that a win, but it avoided defeat.

front droplinks - started knocking after 6 months. Promised new set, didn't arrive . Communicated this, nothing. wrote it off and got new ones.

front bush kit - paid in Jan 07, queried in feb, march - now its Aug I've written it off . He can keep the money, it was only £5.80 and I give way more than that away to charity each month.

So whilst I'm not going to comment on Pete's character, personality, knowledge etc, from a commerical point of view I can't recommend him.

I've been unlucky 2.5 out of 3. If he was a Local Authority, that would be zero stars with little sign of improvement (sorry, a little work-placed humour there).

Nor do I want to be a customer who has to hassle (to me, more than 3 phone calls, period), coax, prod or stay matey with a supplier just to get the service for which I've paid.

I'm sure the testimonials will continue, but all I can say is "lucky you" :-P

Ian

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”