[FINALIZED] MR2 Turbo Revision 5 already registered in UK

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adamshaw

MR2 Turbo Revision 5 already registered in UK

Post by adamshaw »

Hi people

I am currently considering selling my mr2 turbo Revision 5. As i am sure you are all aware these cars are very very rare due to the law changes. this is a genuine japanese revision 5 turbo and was imported in MAY 2003 before the SVA laws changed. Reason for considing sale is mortgage costs for the house as i live on my own.

Toyota MR2 GTS Revision 5 Turbo

1998 's' reg.
37k genuine miles from new
Full Japenese service history (imported from DAIE motors in May 2003 before the SVA laws came into force).
Full Uk service history including stamped book for every service
1 japenese owner and 1 uk owner
Currently has a private plate which will be left with the car
Interior and exterior are unmarked and immaculate

Modifications

greddy intercooler
Blitz DSBC electronic boost controller
Arc induction Kit
3" Exhaust system
Sony MP3 cd player

In terms of price i am willing to listen to offers. im sure you will all have some sort of idea what it is worth.

Any questions then please feel free to drop me a PM, text or phone call

Adam 07912 259 430
Last edited by adamshaw on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamshaw

Re: [FINALIZED] MR2 Turbo Revision 5 already registered in UK

Post by adamshaw »

BTTT

Willing to listen to offers
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

£10 :tongue:
michael

Re: MR2 Turbo Revision 5 already registered in UK

Post by michael »

adamshaw wrote:.... im sure you will all have some sort of idea what it is worth.

You clearly don't otherwise you'd post an asking price ;)

Or are you hoping someone will come along and offer more than you actually want?

Post a price, if it's reasonable people will show an interest, it's easy enough.
BarryJ

Post by BarryJ »

Well he is asking £9000 on Pistonheads if that helps!
michael

Post by michael »

BarryJ wrote:Well he is asking £9000 on Pistonheads if that helps!

There we go then :clap:

So £9000... :shock:
Rosssco

Post by Rosssco »

That price is about correct IMHO, given the very low milage and relative rarety of the car, and it looks to be excellent condition (which you would expect for the mileage).

I think MR2 owners will appreciate all of this, problem is, non-MR2 owners / previous owners looking, may not, and wonder why its so much when you can get decent Rev3 tubbies for £3-£4k.... I believe others like R33 GTR's, albeit not the freshest, are starting to go for just over this.

As I said, I think this is a fair price, but others not aware of your cars merits, may scratch their heads a bit re: price....

Good luch though!
jon0406

Post by jon0406 »

I'm sorry but when you consider a UK Rev 5 NA is about £4k these days how can you expect more than double for a turbo?
Compare it to a rev 3 and 4 turbo and what do you get for the extra £5k?
There is no way I'd part with £9k for one, just my 2 penneth, hope you find a buyer at the price you want.
alias

Post by alias »

I have to agree with jon0406. I sold my Rev 4 turbo for 5k on the nose back in Feb and that was a pretty rare GT T-Bar version, dynod at 297bhp with many extras such enkei wheels and AVCR, downpipe, exhaust etc.

Admittedly, it had a more miles (90k), but was in superb condition, and I struggle to see the difference between my old rev 4 and a rev 5 for an extra 5k, especially when 99% of people can't tell the difference between a tubby and an n/a, and the one for sale is not even a t-bar.

edit: and its red!!! Maybe 6k, but 9k??? :-k Good luck fella, I hope someone buys it, keep the average price up!!

maybe if rossco thinks it is well priced, perhaps he would like to buy my rev 3 keenly priced at only 7k.... lol... just kidding mate......

it aint for sale :mrgreen:
jimboy

Post by jimboy »

Rosssco wrote:That price is about correct IMHO, given the very low milage and relative rarety of the car, and it looks to be excellent condition (which you would expect for the mileage).

I think MR2 owners will appreciate all of this, problem is, non-MR2 owners / previous owners looking, may not, and wonder why its so much when you can get decent Rev3 tubbies for £3-£4k.... I believe others like R33 GTR's, albeit not the freshest, are starting to go for just over this.

As I said, I think this is a fair price, but others not aware of your cars merits, may scratch their heads a bit re: price....

Good luch though!

They wont be rare in a years time, think i'd wait the year and save a lot o money. Overpriced to joe blogs in imho, but on the other hand.... top end of the market, who knows ? Someone with money to burn wanting a mint/low milage rev5 could think otherwise.....
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Its the rarity factor, coupled with mileage and condition etc.

There won't be that many people who see the value in it (I do), so be prepared to wait a while.

FWIW I wouldn't accept less than £8k for mine :mrgreen:
Rosssco

Post by Rosssco »

Leeroy wrote:Its the rarity factor, coupled with mileage and condition etc.

There won't be that many people who see the value in it (I do), so be prepared to wait a while.

FWIW I wouldn't accept less than £8k for mine :mrgreen:

Thats kinda what I was getting at - not many will appreciate the rarity (whether that lasts another year or not), and even when they can be imported, not many Rev5's were sold near its final production run, so dont expect floods of Rev5 cars coming over for buttons, nice examples like this will still command strong prices, plus the importers mark up. Doubt any standard (value in itself) cars being imported next year, with that milage, would be much less then £8k.... I'm certainly no expert though.

As I said, not many will appreciate the car, and will take the right 'enthusiast' to pay top dolla for it...

My 2p
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Rosssco wrote:Doubt any standard (value in itself) cars being imported next year, with that milage, would be much less then £8k....

Gotta agree with you there :thumleft:
adamshaw

Post by adamshaw »

Guys thanks for you interest and opinions.

Car is now sold for pretty much the asking price :thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”