are all evo drivers big heads

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

BarronMR

Re: are all evo drivers big heads

Post by BarronMR »

Aidy wrote:

shibby! wrote:Sounds like a type or traction control to me.

you = idiot

Aidy,

I think you'll find that anything that alters the power from one wheel to another to get the most grip is regarded as traction control.

This is regardless of how the control is applied, be that through reducing engine power, applying brakes OR electronically controlling the differential.

So :clown: away.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Aidy wrote:
shibby! wrote:Oh well! Seems like your hated on the Evo forum, just like your hated here!

http://www.youre.co.uk

shibby! wrote:Sounds like a type or traction control to me.

you = idiot

PMSL at the link!

Aidy will you please stop mocking us. You're (!) just too clever for us!

Traction control debate is hillarious, though. If the AYC isn't a form of traction control, then I don't know what is! And anyway, who cares because MR2s and EVOs are both so blantantly both "drivers" cars.

This thread is asking whether all EVO drivers are arrogant: the answer is obviously that of course not all are, but in my opinion I am 100% sure about one EVO driver who most definitely is.....

Doesn't make him a bad person, though! :wink:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

!!!YES EVO DRIVERS ARE BIG HEADS!!!
Last edited by luthor1 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

well well well aidy i think you have proved the point what this topic is all about :mrgreen: myself i like a car that i can drive . not into cars like the evo which does everything for you :-#
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

Surely the most important point here should be, Evo or MR2....IT'S ONLY A BLOODY CAR!

A lot comes down to personal choice. I know the SW20's no Elise but it handles both 'good' and 'bad' enough for me...I like a bit of a challenge and it can be fast when driven well but, fair to say, tricky if not. Never driven an Evo or the like so can't comment but wouldn't own one myself mainly because of the looks...think they look very ordinary and just not particularly nice.

The argument about what's quick 'round the twisties' also only really holds much water when you're talking about a twisty road *with a sightline* - your safe speed is only as quick as you can go whilst still being able to stop within the stretch of road you can actually see. In many circumstances a very ordinary car will be able to go this fast and anything 'quicker' just means lining yourself up for a bigger crash when it all goes wrong. :eye:

I think Aidy has admirably proved the point of the original poster by telling people how envious they must be of his lovely evo. :-k Tell us another...if I did want to spend that much on a car (which I don't), it wouldn't be on one of those. =; The MR2 is stonking value and a great drive, but please people, keep it in perspective too. Times have moved on and in ultimate terms there is much better out there now...but if you want a capable, fun and great-looking car for £4k or so they are still hard to beat.

Re the 3-series...drove an E36 318is round Brands and was pretty impressed although that did have a cage etc which I'm sure helped matters. By contrast I felt my mate's E36 M3 was extremely disappointing compared to my tubby...felt slow and cumbersome and I really was not impressed at all.

Horses for courses I guess.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Aidy wrote:
ryan wrote:So Aidy, why didn't yo go for an NSX instead of the EVO? You must have paid around 14k for it, and you can get an early NSX for that? :?

A tad more than 14k mate ;) Try about 10 grand more. The NSX just doesn't float my boat.

There was a very clean NSX 94k mile M plate at a garage in cardiff. Fastest colour too in Red. I dare say it may have needed a bit of work, but full honda history...
Was tempted, but i'm not in a position really and would pref the later 3.2l car...
Oh well, if it don't float your boat 8)
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

Absolutely hilarious thread...good to see the banter still lives on the forum!

Spend most (actually all) of my time on the MLR now as I am on my second Evo after chopping the MR2 in, the last of three! I can honestly say... yes the MR2 is a fun car but you spend most of the time hoping that you will exit the corner in one piece (especially in the wet ;) ).

The Evo is just much more capable! One thing that frustrated me was the sense of it lacking power but this is due to the fact it is an overall package with a better chassis designed to take the power; this is easily rectified especially on the MR as a bill of £1000 will yield 400/400.
This was never ever possible with the MR2, my old rev4 was doing 300whp when I sold it and cost a lot more to get it there it was a seriously quick car, but 90% of the time I couldn't use all of that power as it is usually raining :)
EarL

Post by EarL »

Mike_2t wrote:Absolutely hilarious thread...good to see the banter still lives on the forum!

Spend most (actually all) of my time on the MLR now as I am on my second Evo after chopping the MR2 in, the last of three! I can honestly say... yes the MR2 is a fun car but you spend most of the time hoping that you will exit the corner in one piece (especially in the wet ;) ).

The Evo is just much more capable! One thing that frustrated me was the sense of it lacking power but this is due to the fact it is an overall package with a better chassis designed to take the power; this is easily rectified especially on the MR as a bill of £1000 will yield 400/400.
This was never ever possible with the MR2, my old rev4 was doing 300whp when I sold it and cost a lot more to get it there it was a seriously quick car, but 90% of the time I couldn't use all of that power as it is usually raining :)

...that's all we need, another bloody taxi driver. Bog off back to MLR land ffs. :roll:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

EarL wrote:
Mike_2t wrote:Absolutely hilarious thread...good to see the banter still lives on the forum!

...that's all we need, another bloody taxi driver. Bog off back to MLR land ffs. :roll:

PMSL :clap:
Mike_2t

Post by Mike_2t »

I, suppose you're right. Bored of chav land now anyway.

EarL wrote:

splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

hoo-ray !
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

It is an electronically controlled LSD rather than mechanically controlled. They do the same job though. Traction control is when the car detects loss of traction and reduces torque to the spinning wheel so that it regains traction. IE it overrides your driver input. If you put your foot down too much in an avo and lose traction you spin the car just like any other car.

Sounds like stability control, what sort of pussy car has stability control?

sorry, had to get that in due to the trc comment.

tbh, i aint getting involved. yes if i had that sort of money i would consider buying an evo BUT, it would be far from my only choice.
to be honest im quite happy showing up cars worth 3 or 4 times as much in my humble old mr2!
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

BarronMR wrote:I think you'll find that anything that alters the power from one wheel to another to get the most grip is regarded as traction control.

Only if you're trying to argue that black is white. Anyone who thinks an LSD diff is traction control should do some basic learning before they spout their "thoughts" on the internet.

BarronMR wrote:This is regardless of how the control is applied, be that through reducing engine power, applying brakes OR electronically controlling the differential.

It's just a diff, no different from a mechnical LSD....just "cleverer". Traction control is a device that controls the car's traction. It overrides driver input to ensure the car's traction is not lost. This is usually done by reducing power so the tyres stop slipping, or on more advanced setups applying a braking force to the spinning wheel.

All AYC does is act as an LSD diff. It splits torque just like a normal diff, and if the resulting torque split means the tyres spin then they spin. If it means you lose control then you lose control. If it was traction control it would step in to reduce torque on the spinning wheel until it stops spinning.

For your next trick why not argue that smaller brakes give you more braking force and are more resistant to fade?
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

!!!YES EVO DRIVERS ARE BIG HEADS!!!
Last edited by luthor1 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

lmfao at this post still going :lol: :lol: aidy returns part 12 :tongue:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

luthor1 wrote:Aidy - you lost this one when your posts from other forums were pasted in here!

People hate me on the MLR cos I'm always right....people hate me here cos I'm always right. I fail to see the significance. As long as I'm always right, that's all that matters ;)
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Aidy wrote:
People hate me on the MLR cos I'm always right....people hate me here cos I'm always right. I fail to see the significance. As long as I'm always right, that's all that matters ;)
#

and there we go folks.. this thread has returned full circle and we have an answer to the original question posted :thumleft:

(ok ok it's just Aidy, not every owner i know- but it's still enlightening :thumleft: )

keep up all the good clean fun people :thumleft:
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Aidy wrote:
luthor1 wrote:Aidy - you lost this one when your posts from other forums were pasted in here!

Aidy = Captain Modest :D
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

HAHAHAAH

Aidy!

You suck at life

Nick
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

shibby! wrote:HAHAHAAH