[Mk2] [Turbo] Border Styleeeee

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

headcover

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Border Styleeeee

Post by headcover »

Spacey wrote:Dave while you're at it can you make something like the front splitter in the pic below, as supplied by Cadaver:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.projectwo.net/images/forum_s ... front1.jpg

It's based on the Ask Sport front (pic below) but IMO much nicer. It's not as chunky and doesn't stick out too far. Spot on I think!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.takakaira.com/aerokits/asksport/875_0.jpg

Oh and if I ould have the finished item ready for next week it'd help ;)
Hi.. Yes, it looks very simple to do but as I'm right up to my eye balls in work & othe projects at the mo.. I cant take on anything new for at least 3 months.. :(

Remind me again then.. :D

Dave
klx_boy

Post by klx_boy »

I was looking at buying one but wont it make water pool in the front?
headcover

Post by headcover »

klx_boy wrote:I was looking at buying one but wont it make water pool in the front?
Hi.. The girls do like it though..Lol.

There is a way to plumb drainage in to the Bonnet to stop the swimming pool look.. :D I will be engineering this fix into my Bonnets etc.. :D

Dave
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

the position of the vents in the bonet should mean that any water drains to the rad area I think...
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

klx_boy wrote:I was looking at buying one but wont it make water pool in the front?

Yeah, would make a great birdbath though
DMC Paul

Post by DMC Paul »

Ok to Bump this back up

I have yet to get hold of a Border style bumper, the last thing I want to do is pay more to get one imported than the cost of a bonnet.

Paul
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

I have a standard bonnet at home, and I can get hold of the universal style border vent from ebay . I'll give this lot into Dave when he has time to get it done . It's just a case of being patient and he'll get round to it .
Then Dave can make it up to his usual high standards and add a little twist to make it more original :thumleft:
DMC Paul

Post by DMC Paul »

Good Man Darryn, All the rest of my body kit is From Dave so this could be worth the wait...... \:D/
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Greddy-Matt wrote:Any ETA on the bonnets? The border spats i had off you were very good so im itching it get my hands on a new bonnet! :D

So good he sold them to me...... :thumleft:
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

[quote="DARRYN"]I have a standard bonnet at home, and I can get hold of the universal style border vent from ebay .quote]

Hey Darryn, I've one of those Border style vents from eBay - Dave is droping over to Dublin when he can spare a day off. So, I can give him the vent then ?

I don't have the timeor money at the mo to do i myself, so better to have Dave work his magic on it :D

hth
Rob
UniSol

Post by UniSol »

I got a quote from Deft Inc (US) for Importing a Border bonnet to the Isle of Man - £356.24 GBP or $670.00 USD

Pretty good price for an entire bonnet! They've already sent me the money request by PayPal - rawk-on!
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Is that incl duty ? or do you pay duty/VAT in Isle of Man ?
UniSol

Post by UniSol »

Not sure, hopefully it will go through our Freeport (No duty). http://www.gov.im/dti/commercialDev/freeport.xml

Must be inclusive, because who else is going to know I've bought it - the seller and the carrier. The sellers money request is final as far as they are aware.

Return to “Modifications”