Selling 1998 Rev5 T-BAR (!) Turbo + shipping to UK

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2Germany

Re: Selling 1998 Rev5 T-BAR (!) Turbo + shipping to UK

Post by MR2Germany »

That's one more reason for me to think that the car is worth more than 7K...

Got an offer for 7.5K per PM right now... :wink:
Flam3h

Post by Flam3h »

MR2Germany wrote:That's one more reason for me to think that the car is worth more than 7K...

But how are they going to register it?

Even if they keep it for a year, they will still have to do an ESVA test - which requires a model report.

There is no model report available, so unless they have £1000's to spend on creating one, i cannot see how they will be able to register it in this country.

Unless they are breaking the car, it seems like a complete waste of money.
rsevo6

Post by rsevo6 »

MR2Germany wrote:That's one more reason for me to think that the car is worth more than 7K...

I would jump at that offer if I were you :shock: , very high bid for a car that you cannot register in the UK :evil:

Like I wrote before, a
1999 Rev5 MR2 GTS Coupe - Lots Modifications
Greddy T67 Turbo Kit with external wastegate, HKS 272 / 264 Camshafts, Greddy intercooler, Greddy oil cooler, HKS F-Con Stand alone engine management, Greddy electronic boost controller, Cusco 2 way LSD, Apexi Exhaust & air filter kit, border front bumper, light weight race rims. One owner car from Japan, low miles 55K

Has been for sale in the UK without reg for over 2 months now, asking 7999, but no takers as you CANNOT register it in the UK ](*,)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Rowland wrote:
MR2Germany wrote:The car is a T-Bar! :!:

Wow, the first rev5 Turbo T-bar I've EVER heard of.
Nice find.

:thumleft:

Me too, pictures would help. :wink:
T
adamshaw

Post by adamshaw »

Mate i have a genuine rev 5 turbo registered in the uk before the laws changed. car only has 35k miles on the clock and is in A1 condition.

Has full jap service history and was purchased via dealer in japan
Full uk service history and only mod is a 4" exhaust which i changed (still have original)

Obv the mileage is alot lower.

If you could register the car in the uk i would say it prob would be worth 8k. However as you can not i reckon you would be lucky to get that. I hope you do and if you have had an offer at 7.5 take it.

i wonder what my car is worth :-k
ryan

Post by ryan »

Rowland wrote:

Nice find.

..actually I went to look at a rev5 turbo T bar in scotland 2 years ago, it was that rare gold colour too, but it had had a bad rear ender, and the panel gaps at the back were like an F40! #-o

Back to the car in question. White, though one of my favourites, it a pretty unpopular colour... :pale:
MR2Germany

Post by MR2Germany »

Really unpopular?

White MR2, with black hoods and black rims... :thumleft:

I like white MR2s!
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

fizz wrote:
matt5cott wrote:I have a REV5 turbo imported from newerea, nearly 4 years back now, I would say 7-8 would be ballpark, probably :?: :?: :?:

yes.. if you could get it registered at the moment which you cant! :roll:

You got yours before the Law changed hence why yours will be valued more than this chaps in germany.

Again im aware of current import law, I was going under the same assumption of ducatichick, that said though, you are quite right to repeatedly mention this as I don't think the chap realises, and tbh if someone offered £7.5k, this was taken, then the buyer realised he couldn't actually do anything with it, I doubt he would be too happy...

ryan wrote:
Rowland wrote:

Nice find.

..actually I went to look at a rev5 turbo T bar in scotland 2 years ago, it was that rare gold colour too, but it had had a bad rear ender, and the panel gaps at the back were like an F40! #-o

Back to the car in question. White, though one of my favourites, it a pretty unpopular colour... :pale:

I think of the 'new' rev5 colours the purple and orangey ones are rarer, but then I have the goldy one so I probably notice others more?

And I think newera might have had an orangey t-bar, not sure.
Bry

Post by Bry »

The 10 year rule superceeds the ESVA rule,so once a car becomes 10years old it will no longer be required to have the esva test,so rev 5's will be able to be imported next year
Watch out OZ here I come !!
MR2Germany

Post by MR2Germany »

Bry wrote:The 10 year rule superceeds the ESVA rule,so once a car becomes 10years old it will no longer be required to have the esva test,so rev 5's will be able to be imported next year

Ahhh... Now it's getting interesting...
I don't know the UK law! Sorry!
Is there anywhere I can call to know it for sure? Or is there anybody here who can clear that with the administrative bodies?
bjoli

Post by bjoli »

ryan wrote:
Rowland wrote:

Nice find.

I had a look on that one too. It was looking really bad , I didn't even bother test driving it although I flew over from Sweden too look at it.

They were asking 7000 for that one. Luckily I had another prospect as well a 1999 turbo, cosmos blue tin top standing in Manchester. That one was really nice so I ended up buying it for 9000 (in feb 2005). This one was a Newera import in jan 2004.

Now I have that one registered in Sweden so unlucky for you guys one less rev5 turbo in UK.
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Antstarr wrote:Actually agentturbo aka Carl on here had a genuine rev5 turbo which he bought about a year ago.

How does that work out then?

And he brought that for £5000 :shock:
rsevo6

Post by rsevo6 »

bjoli wrote:
ryan wrote:
Rowland wrote:

Nice find.

I had a look on that one too. It was looking really bad , I didn't even bother test driving it although I flew over from Sweden too look at it.

They were asking 7000 for that one. Luckily I had another prospect as well a 1999 turbo, cosmos blue tin top standing in Manchester. That one was really nice so I ended up buying it for 9000 (in feb 2005). This one was a Newera import in jan 2004.

Now I have that one registered in Sweden so unlucky for you guys one less rev5 turbo in UK.

AAHH,
So YOU are the guy that snatched the '99 cosmos blue Tubby just in front of me.
I found that car too and seeing it had been for sale for quite some time already, I immediatly called, just to find out it had just been sold over the phone to some Swedisch guy who was gonna come and pick it ip in a few days :evil:
I waited, hoping you wouldn't come [-o< but alas, you did ](*,)
You got yourself a very rare and beautiful car with lots of original TRD stuff, lucky Bas%$@rd :thumleft:
Rev2_mike

Post by Rev2_mike »

So is this car actually for sale?? Is this thread going anywhere? :D
MR2Germany

Post by MR2Germany »

Car is on its way to Germany. :!:

The car is still for sale...! Waitin for offers and/or somebody you wants it! :mrgreen:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Are you a trader?

Plus are you listening? It can't be registered in the UK for over a year. Plus white is not the best colour. No pictures and you expect to sell it? What happened to your PM of £7.5K? :wink:
T
MR2Germany

Post by MR2Germany »

No I'm no trader...
The car can be registered as you can see in the posts before!
I can sell the car now, or I can sell it in 2008... Whats the difference? When somebody wants to buy the car now to modify it for next year it is okay for me!

I set pictures in here, but they're away now?!?!? :?:

Here are they again...

The person who is interested in the car is waitin for it to arrive. :wink:
But I have no definitive contract or sth.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Well if you're importing a car and selling it straight away that seems very trader-like to me.

Plus there really is no way of registering it for a year, and given they change stuff here regularly no guarantee in a years time IMHO. I wouldn't buy it on that basis, it's just too risky. If you're in the UK and thinking of it be very careful....
T
adamshaw

Post by adamshaw »

i wouldnt by a car to sit on the drive for a year til it could be registerd

No thanks, i agree with T here

agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

Hi dont want to burst your bubble...................
but i am sure i can get a rev5 na now for say....3.5k upwards....
stick a turbo in it....or a v6....and it could still be done for less than 7.5 k..........and the engine would be out which means a full bling and clean up of all parts before you put the block back in.......
there sorted rev5 turbo............no worries........
and i know a few peeps who have done that............and feel its the best option........good luck with sale...............i can go to 6k...for your car..max.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”