[Mk2] [Turbo] Which AF sensor do you guys use ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Muffleman

[Mk2] [Turbo] Which AF sensor do you guys use ?

Post by Muffleman »

Evenin all !

I planned a few jobs for the '2 today, one of which was to fit my AEM uego wideband AF sensor and gauge.

I bought a 3" extremeboost DP from xxxx a while ago, and this has the optional bung at the bottom. But when I went to fit the sensor, it fouls on the rad piping.

The sensor on the AEM is a standard Bosch sensor.

What have you guys done ? Not sure whether to bend the rad pipe slightly or grind off the stock lambda sensor and tap in the bosch one.

Cheers

Matt
TBDevelopments

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Which AF sensor do you guys use ?

Post by TBDevelopments »

not sure what you mean fouls the rad piping, the 02 sensor bung is right at the bottom by the exhaust connection which is under the sump, there shouldn't be anything down there :?

Tim
xxxx
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

I'll take a pic next time I'm down there :wink: But my bung is definitely higher up.
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

ok buddy no probs,

jeff used to add the o2 as standard, when i started getting them made for me i had it done as an option as most people don't run wideband on a standard turbo so seemed pointless.

Tim
xxxx
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

your telling me tim....i didn't know i could get them with a 2nd bung i was wanting to run a wideband, but apparently i can yank the toyota one out and the wideband can supply a signal to the ECU and the gauge?
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

i could supply them with the wideband 02 sensor added at the bottom on request.

Not sure what you mean about the wideband connected to the toyota ecu etc? i have heard somewhere from paul port i think that you can do away with the toyota one if your using a wideband and use that, but i'm not 100% sure if thats true or not.

Tim
xxxx
Kenny-Boost

Post by Kenny-Boost »

yeah but thats what i'm saying tim, at the time of buying mine i didn't know you could get a bung for the wideband.

doesn't matter anyway, my mate thats doing the work on the car now says you can use the wideband to send signals to the ECU too, so i take his word for it :)
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

oh, be interested to see how you get on using the wideband to feel the standard ecu. Do post up your results buddy once its done.

Tim
xxxx
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Wideband can be used to feed ECU, i borrowed Pete's today and there's a separate plug on it that goes to where the old o2 sensor used to. Dead easy :D
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

cool, what unit was this? was it plug and play into the standard toyota o2 sensor clip or did it need some rewiring?

Tim
xxxx
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Can't quite remember mate, there was a single wire for the o2 sensor and looks like the stock plug was simply attached to that. Not sure how Rev3+ would work tho but worked perfect on my car

Steve
Ja99a

lamda

Post by Ja99a »

The greddy units definatly supply a heated lamda sensor and are designed to replace the standard unit and supply the gauge at the same time. I have taken a look in the greddy install manual.

Pitty the sensor is screw in type rather than flanged, luckily I work in an exhaust factory :)
Pizza-Tossa

Post by Pizza-Tossa »

You can buy the Toyota flange adaptors for about £10.

Return to “Modifications”