[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mark Edwards

[Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by Mark Edwards »

Last night was a fun evening, decided to take a slight detour from the normal direction of travel.

Was driving along the local bypass in the outside lane, when my life took a dramatic turn. Bare in mind i was doing somewhere around 60mph and accelerating when this took place. :shock:

Now i don't know how much you can see it in this pic, but there's a hump in the road,

This sodding hump decided to spit the rear end of my car across the road. I then went sideways across the other lane and backwards up onto the grass verge.

The front clipped the fence,

and the back dug into these metal support posts.

I then got thrown back out onto the fist lane facing the right way again about 20meters further down the road.

And the result is........

#-o
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
SwissHeavy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Oh poo

Post by SwissHeavy »

Oh man. Major sad moment for IMOC. But atleast you're alive.

Edit to add: Sorry to be a cold git at this point, but if u decide to break it, I'd be interested in the carbon t bar panels and skirts.
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Savage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry to hear this buddy, can't believe the extent of the damage!!!! :shock:

The worrying thing is it almost happened to me last week, i was doing a little more than i should round a dual carriage way bend and hit a massive lump in the road. ended up throwing the car all over the shop but she behaved herself!!

This sucks dude cos i know your cambelt only gave in a short while ago!

Hope you keep her and get her back to her old self!!

Alex
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Sorry to hear that Mark.

Looks like re-shelling would be your best bet.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
skytek

Post by skytek »

MAn this is a bad moment indeed :( that was one seriously nice (and damn quick!) mr2! Have you an idea of just how bad the damage is? I had a rear end impact on my old tubby which looked alot worse than it actually was, but saying that it didn't look as bad as yours does. Are you ok yourself mate? Any sore bits or broken bones?

I hope you get to keep her and fix her up again, at least that engine anyway!. You must be gutted!
Last edited by skytek on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

:cry:

I've not posted on IMOC for ages now, but seeing my favorite MR2 in bits has urged me to reply.

Glad your OK Mark, but a legend has been put to rest! Its a sad day...

I knew you should have sold me your wheels all those moons ago when I pestered you about them. Now look, you've ruined them.

I just hope you have a plan to ressurect the heart of the car.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Cant say anymore than ive said on msn........ tiss a sad day for the mr2 community.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

skytek wrote:MAn this is a bad moment indeed :( that was one seriously nice (and damn quick!) mr2! Have you an idea of just how bad the damage is? I had a rear end impact on my old tubby which looked alot worse than it actually was, but saying that it didn't look as bad as yours does. Are you ok yourself mate? Any sore bits or broken bones?

I hope you get to keep her and fix her up again, at least that engine anyway!. You must be gutted!

I'm fine yes, just a graze on the back of my head and aching neck muscles. without my buckets i think i'd have come off a LOT worse, i'd have been thrown about like a rag doll in there.

I won't be reshelling it, i've lost the passion for it now TBH. As long as the insurance company play ball then i'll be having it back and stripping it, so the engine and box will be up for sale.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

SwissHeavy wrote:Edit to add: Sorry to be a cold git at this point, but if u decide to break it, I'd be interested in the carbon t bar panels and skirts.

LOL, as long as the insurance give it back to me then the carbon bits already have a new home i'm afraid.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

:eye: :lol: And I thought I was moving too fast before the dust settled! :lol: =D> Will be interested in the engine and box too when that comes up for grabs.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

SwissHeavy wrote::eye: :lol: And I thought I was moving too fast before the dust settled! :lol: =D> Will be interested in the engine and box too when that comes up for grabs.

The engine is fine and i think the box is too but need to check it. I'll be selling the whole lot as one lump so make me an offer by PM if you're serious. But remember theres a lot of stuff there.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
scotiamr2t

Post by scotiamr2t »

sad day for imoc and the mr2 community as a whole :( must've been a helluva bump! cant really see it in the photo though.

sad to hear your going to leaving us aswell or mr2 ownership anyway, i would be re-shelling it.

but at the end of the day it is only a car, at least you are ok :)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

holly sh*t dude!!!

REALLY so sorry to see this! what a sweet ass FE machine it was.....i to cant see you fixing it up, would take alot of effort.....

are man, sorry dude! and it wernt even wet as well!
:cry: :cry:
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Mark Edwards wrote:
SwissHeavy wrote::eye: :lol: And I thought I was moving too fast before the dust settled! :lol: =D> Will be interested in the engine and box too when that comes up for grabs.

The engine is fine and i think the box is too but need to check it. I'll be selling the whole lot as one lump so make me an offer by PM if you're serious. But remember theres a lot of stuff there.

Yeah you're right there :lol: There's a lot of kit on there. Majorly underestimated it! Will have to pass, but will keep an eye out if it reaches the for sale section.
rich lange

Post by rich lange »

that looks like it was a scary moment! :shock: aslong as your ok is the main thing,
metal can be replaced lives can't
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

SwissHeavy wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:

Yeah you're right there :lol: There's a lot of kit on there. Majorly underestimated it! Will have to pass, but will keep an eye out if it reaches the for sale section.

This is a 400+hp engine remember. :twisted:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

absolutly gutted for you mate :(

That must have been intense to say the least :shock:

Glad to hear your ok.
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

:shock:

seriously made me crin ge

thats very bad :(

at least your ok :)
zak_godsell

Post by zak_godsell »

that looks bad.really sorry to see that car look like that.as has been said glad you are not seriously injured.it could have been a lot worse.i had a litttle moment last week and could of just as easily done the same.i think everyone should take note and drive a little slower.2 supras have been written off recently too on another forum :shock:
Caribbean_Blue

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

Oh mate thats a big smash. Glad your ok. Lifes a b1tch sometimes as we all know.

Please don't loose the passion Mark your a well valued voice on here. Let the dust settle for a little while, as someone said already reshell the powerhouse mate.

My sympathies Mark.

Reece

ps you have pm.
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”