OMG Check this out.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: OMG Check this out.

Post by jimGTS »

yeh, to be fair, paint it black, jobs a good'n!
:mrgreen:

wonder what that exhaust setup sounds like.....
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Yeah Jim, I saw that one in Banzai this month, they bought it a s ademo car for there company, so how exactly does that work again?

Oh, and I agree with Richard (im not doing this on purpose btw), I would have the engine and wheels and you can keep the rest, looks totally gay.
ribbo

Post by ribbo »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Why build a 500bhp car and leave the brakes and suspention standard?

cos it's probably not a required job when all you do is go in a straight line
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Suspension, Wheels and Brakes: As this has been prepared mainly as a street drag car, suspension shock absorbers remain standard - and springs are uprated with TEIN lowering and progressive items.

Who needs breaks when you 'live a 1/4 mile at a time'

Grrroooaaannn ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

matt_mr2t wrote:
RichardPON wrote:That truly is a hideous car.

I'd love the engine and wheels, but you can keep the rest.

I'd be embarassed to drive it.

Did you open a different link?

Not at all, but have you seen the back end?

That and the colour.............

Where the std MR2 is a very good looking car with it's Ferari-esque lines, and the TRD looks reasonably purposeful in the right colour, that is horrendous.
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Not stiring, just noticed- Is this really a factory TRD kit? If you compare the front end between it and TRD no.8 it doesnt have the front rubbing strips, just a line where the bumper and wing meet. Same for the next strip back??
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

One thread down - it's sold 8-[
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Loving the full HKS engine with a Greddy Turbo????

Also if it was a TRD Special why would they need a HKS EVC?? Surely the ECU would be mapped to perfection...

Dubious
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

it doesnt say anywhere its a proper TRD2000GT, purely says its a kitted mr2 with a meaty engine.....
michael

Post by michael »

It's supposed to have an original kit but it's not got the TRD VIN plate that justifies the premium price Newera are asking, however none of this matters as they never actually had the car for sale and were just pretending in order to get everyone to visit them.

As mentioned in the other thread it's been purchased by Jurgen at JM Imports (http://www.jm-imports.co.uk) - it will be available for a fair bit less than Newera were asking.

Ignore the 'blueprinted' bit as well, this seems to be a nice little word that Newera chuck in to describe a rebuilt engine, it's a heavily modded MR2 with a kit and half a paint job, at Jurgen's price it will be worth a look, at Newera's it was expensive.
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

michael wrote:It's supposed to have an original kit but it's not got the TRD VIN plate that justifies the premium price Newera are asking, however none of this matters as they never actually had the car for sale and were just pretending in order to get everyone to visit them.

As mentioned in the other thread it's been purchased by Jurgen at JM Imports (http://www.jm-imports.co.uk) - it will be available for a fair bit less than Newera were asking.

Ignore the 'blueprinted' bit as well, this seems to be a nice little word that Newera chuck in to describe a rebuilt engine, it's a heavily modded MR2 with a kit and half a paint job, at Jurgen's price it will be worth a look, at Newera's it was expensive.

Shocking behaviour :shock:
de_niro69

Post by de_niro69 »

was offered the same car about 1 month ago from Topspec imports,
what a beast, whish i had 14k i would have bought it

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”