Subframes

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

subframes

Post by slipping clutch »

Given Valentinos comments I am going to ask if any one at any time has had sub frames from Corbeau in the mechanical /mods forum - lets see what comes back.
slipping clutch

subframes

Hi all brief update - I contacted Corbeau again today Jim Rosewell was not available and I was told that they had nothing new to tell me. I have asked that Jim rosewell telephone me tommorow. If I do not hear anything from him I am going to suggest that next week we start a small claims procedure against Corbeau/DC dezigns. Also I think its getting to the point that this thing gets turned over to trading standards - the only problem there is the any progress will be slow. I will let you all know eommorow if I am contacted.
slipping clutch

sub frames

Hi all NO CALL from Corbeau/Jim Rosewell today - NO BIG SUPRISE THERE THEN - I guess they just cant take us seriously ! will try again monday but definatly think its time to take this up a notch ! P.M. me with your thoughts on this please -all those concerned.
cjones2

Re: Subframes

Post by cjones2 »

rang again today -- appears jim is not there again today?
slipping clutch

sub frames

Just got off the phone with Corbeau - Jim Rosewell is allegedly off sick today but apparently some one will call me tommorow ( never heard that before from Corbeau) Personally I think its time for a solicitors letter to Corbeau - Going through trading standards will take for ever and it means we have to go back to dealing with dan at D.C. dezigns - and how far did we get with him when we wanted info. ?
Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

I have only just seen this thread, and I am rather confused and a little annoyed as to why I am being critisised, and threats of "small claims" against DCDezign?? What an earth is going on!! The last communication that I had was from Louise saying that many of the frames supplied by Corbeau were crap ... and she kindly posted my response, and since then I have heard nothing. I have had no communication to say whteher corbeau have done anything, nothing to say if people are now happy, and more importantly nothing to say that people are obviously still unhappy!!

HELLO!!

If you have a problem ... then speak to me, and I will speak to corbeau. If corbeau are being uselesss then speak to me and I will get something done. Don't go go around me, and then slag me off about a situation i don't know the latest on!

Nobody has requested to return them, and if anyone does want to return them, then that isn't a problem ... and never would have been, so I am a tad confused as to why you would want to go to small claims??

So come on people, sort it out. You can email me on [email protected] as is already mentioned several times in this thread, so if you have any issues, contact me!

Dan

www.DCDezign.com
slipping clutch

subframes

Hi all again, I have spoken to Jim Rosewell today and have again promised that I will write up his reply.
There is a problem with the patterns for the subframes - apparently one was was written off and the other badly damaged (left and right patterns) hence the poor fitment of the frames. Jim Rosewell has also spoken to the third party company who constructed the frames the owner of said company was apparently extremley upset and is taking steps to ensure this never happens again. Jim Rosewell is contacting his pattern maker to see when a new set of patterns can be made ( he has stated he will be in contact with the pattern maker tommorow) I have told him that if nessesary one of the members in the group buy was prepared to take the car to the factory to be measured up for the patterns but he thinks this will be un nessesary as he has a good working relationship with car dealers in the area and should be able to borrow one for the pattern process. He has assured me that he is working on a way to resolve the situation.
So where does this leave us? As Jim Rosewell pointed out to me today we could go for a refund through DC Dezigns as thats where the order was origionally placed (its not up to Corbeau to refund us direct) or we can wait for a new set of patterns to be made up and the subframes to be remanafactured - Jim Rosewell could not give me a time scale for this process this afternoon but has promised to call me tommorow after speaking to the pattern maker. The choice is yours to make.
slipping clutch

subframes

Apolagies - I should also have put in my last post that Jim Rosewells e mail is not working - he is currently waiting for BT to hook up broad band - so if you have been e mailing and getting no reply - thats the reason.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

sorry for no interaction with this recently... had no connection at home for over a week, im using my brothers when i can to keep an eye on this.

dan... i emailed you with picturs and detailed problems with the frames, as per the reply you told me to speak speak to corbeau....so i did and have been dealing with them direct since as it seems to get things done quicker as this has been going on since april, i just want it sorted my any means possible which is why i was preppared to travel wherever they are and get measured up.

i NEED a set of frames in 2 weeks! im getting soo much hastle because my insurance company want photos to give me my agreed valuation and i need the interior in... plus im going to JAE and the car is STILL in bits!
tried to ring jim 3 times this week! never had a call back so im going to tell him i either get frames delivered within 2 weeks or a full refund off Dan so i can go get some made that i know are going to be safe.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

got connection now.
jim is on hols now but he has verbaly agreed that if we get hold of dan, (or if you are reading this) request a refund, jim is going to get onto sorting out new measurments for the mk2 and the company is going to make them again. ie, frames are free. will speak to him once hes back and make sure this is kept too.
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

any news? You taken your car down and had them made (properly this time)
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

hes on holiday. cant do anything til hes back
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

alright for some....

How do we go about getting a refund if we decide to?
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

If someone wants to drop out, i'd be willing to buy their faulty subframe from them and take the risk of getting it fixed....

I really need one for my car, lol!
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

monkeyra:

If youd like to take my place could you pm me as i want a refund and no longer require these.

It ill be 115.00 by the way
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Forgot to add:

I'm only after the drivers side subframe, i'm not intrested in the passenger side. 8)
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

if you want a refund, you will need to pm me with a deffinate answer and if its for 1 frame or both. i will then contact dan and get it refunded to my card or get him to send you a cheque. if he refunds to my card then i will send a cheque to you. :)
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

ok thanks luizegt

UPDATE from Slippingclutch:

He appologises but is having issues with his computer currently so has asked me to post the latest update info.

jim Rowsell contact slippingclutch (Martin) yesterday to explain that a car is there ready for making the patterns and that they will tsrat making those today so there will be around a 2 week wait until we should all start to see our frames.

Hopefully this will mean correct fitment and safer frames.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

hiya
yeah i rang them yesturday too as i was promiced them ready for JAE.
got told the same as slipping clutch. will keep on at them so they dont slack lol
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

slippingclutch will be ringing them by the end of the week if there is no uodate? Luzie was yours done in time for JAE? What is the fitment like?

Cheers

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”