IMOC Trackday - Anglesey March 2006

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: IMOC Trackday - Anglesey March 2006

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I think I'll be getting my new tyres fitted before going out on the track. :-k
MartG

Post by MartG »

BBC reckon heavy rain, weather.co.uk say showers - guess we'll just have to wait and see :roll:

Anyone still planning to use trackday special semi-slick tyres, or ones with little or no tread left ?
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

Weather here is pretty appalling, I had my wipers on full and I could still barely see this morning, hopefully the worst will pass over the next couple of days
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

I've stuck on my 14" rims with nanking tyres :-k

Ahh well..... should be fun if anything!!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

A539s on the back, Toyo T1's on the front. :lol: GOOOOOOON
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

Oh this weather is going to make it fun :( Not.

I heard parts of the Angelsey track at some of the corners tend to turn into giant pools. (From the bookatrack opinion section).
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

If its damp, that should make it fun - if you've got different tyres front to rear, you'll notice the difference in grip levels much more than in the dry.

As for Anglesey in the wet - I've done it in the past, and not really had any problems - most corners have some camber on them and so you shouldn't end up with any pools of water.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

axisofunity wrote:Oh this weather is going to make it fun :( Not.

I heard parts of the Angelsey track at some of the corners tend to turn into giant pools. (From the bookatrack opinion section).

Standing water is never a problem tbh. Running water might be more an issue. ;)

Chill.... angersea is a hell of a lot of fun in the rain, plus you use less fuel, tyre wear is minimal and you are less heavy on the brakes. If it rains a lot i reckon we'll take the uberbarge out more.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

I'm definatly looking forward to it. This could be the perfect day to start my journey into GOONAGE and start to lean the basics whilst its wet and i'll be going slower than normal :D
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

leewaring wrote:I'm definatly looking forward to it. This could be the perfect day to start my journey into GOONAGE and start to lean the basics whilst its wet and i'll be going slower than normal :D

Yep i'm up for that as welll..... gooooooooooon..... splash.... oops... :clown:
ImageImage
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

leewaring wrote:I'm definatly looking forward to it. This could be the perfect day to start my journey into GOONAGE and start to lean the basics whilst its wet and i'll be going slower than normal :D

Heh heh - the hairpin is an excellent place for goonage, relatively low speeds too.

Abbotts is another place where you can get huge oversteer if you carry too much speed into the corner - its slightly off camber, but as the speeds are higher, and its damp, I'd master the hairpin first.

If you want, find me in the carpark on Saturday and ask for a passenger ride. Lauren's also a good (bad ;) ) person to ask for some sideways laps.

In fact, I can remember doing some laps in the Roadster there that were so sideways I ended up laughing so much I had to slow down to wipe away the tears so I could see where I was going. O:)
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I deffo want to nab a trip out in the roadster this time..... I missed my opportunitie(s) @ elvington :cry:
ImageImage
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Goldy wrote:I deffo want to nab a trip out in the roadster this time..... I missed my opportunitie(s) @ elvington :cry:

Likewise. I don't think the Mk1 will be used too much this weekend (if I can resist), so I'll be spending a fair amount of time either as passenger or with my head in the engine bay. :lol:
luthor1

Post by luthor1 »

Mine will be out 99% of the time available...

Passengers welcome! I may not go side-ways very much, but I can guarentee a smooth ride!!
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Ben. I'd be after a passenger ride definatly! Maybe I can convince you to passenger in mine also and you can give some tips?
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

BenF wrote:

Heh heh - the hairpin is an excellent place for goonage, relatively low speeds too.

Abbotts is another place where you can get huge oversteer if you carry too much speed into the corner - its slightly off camber, but as the speeds are higher, and its damp, I'd master the hairpin first.

If you want, find me in the carpark on Saturday and ask for a passenger ride. Lauren's also a good (bad ;) ) person to ask for some sideways laps.

In fact, I can remember doing some laps in the Roadster there that were so sideways I ended up laughing so much I had to slow down to wipe away the tears so I could see where I was going. O:)

Bagsy a trip in the roadster too! Missed it at Elvington and you were in the nail last time ;)
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

MartG wrote:BBC reckon heavy rain, weather.co.uk say showers - guess we'll just have to wait and see :roll:

Anyone still planning to use trackday special semi-slick tyres, or ones with little or no tread left ?

9am that very website said "cloudy" with a white cloud icon for Anglesey, as mentioned above, it could go either way - weather predictions are poo.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

BenF wrote:

You forgot the exit of Radar Ben and the Turn-in of School. ;)

Will have to see how up for gooning the Uberbarge is... will take it more if its wet though. ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Yay, rain!! hold on, whats the point of getting the CC fitted and cleaning the car if it's going to rain all weekend, D'oh!!

Yay, rain!!! time for (more) sideways action through abbots and school, and radar, and the hairpin weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

My engines started to knock so I may be out. :evil:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”