Nengun Performance

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Quigonjay

Nengun Performance

Post by Quigonjay »

http://www.nengun.com/

has anyone actually bought anything of these guys before?
some of the prices just seem to good to be true, i mean £426 delivered for a power fc pro (with lauch control) including commander? surely that cant be right :-k
MarkP.

Re: Nengun Performance

Post by MarkP. »

I've used them about four times now and they've been spot on everytime.The price they show you including shipping is all you pay.I think my Power FC was £490 to my door,that was about 6 months ago though.
Mark.
twistywizard

Post by twistywizard »

Yeah tubby_tony has used them before as well. And numeroud people

There prices are good, most of the Jap tuning products in this country are expensive im comparison because Legit Businesses will have to pay Custom Duty and then Vat on that price, and then there mark up!
Yas

Post by Yas »

quigonjay wrote:

i mean £426 delivered for a power fc pro (with lauch control) including commander?

Very Interesting :-k

Been looking around for a PFC aswell and launch control sounds good, even better at that price :twisted:
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

just remember you have to pay customs as well unless you want to take the risk of getting busted big time for it.

Not saying this just because i sell them, i've been there and done that and you won't be thinking its such a great deal with a £1500 fine if you get caught.

So just be warned

Tim
xxxx
twistywizard

Post by twistywizard »

I have a friend who works in customs, checks packages and so forth

Apparently they are cracking down more on this HOWEVER as a general rule they will only usually bother checking out larger shipments of multiple items or large heavy items with ridicolous amounts listed due to the effort, time and cost involved in persuing a fine etc etc.

Not saying this happens every time, but this is straight from the horses mouth!
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

twistywizard wrote:There prices are good, most of the Jap tuning products in this country are expensive im comparison because Legit Businesses will have to pay Custom Duty and then Vat on that price, and then there mark up!

are you saying this company is not a ligit business then ? :?

slightly confused on what you mean :-k
Car now Sold :cry: damn 5th Lumber Disc !
twistywizard

Post by twistywizard »

No I mean they are in Japan they dont have to import anything and then sell it. They buy at cost in Japan and add there mark up and thats it.

Where as say if Tima t xxxx was selling, he imports from Japan at cost BUT then has to Pay Customs fees and Vat on top of cost price and then add his profit on hence why it appears that the prices are mega cheap on that site, where as its purely because Tim has to pay these additonal fees although his prices are far as UK sourced Jap parts is still bloody low but he cant compete with Nengun as it aint possible.

Unless he Imports the Items and declares a lower value which could land him in the xxxx.
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

Just looked for myself and they look rather good :D

They look perfectly legitimate just as your importing goods your dodging the duty on them which is a bit naughty! lol

If you can get away with it then great!
twistywizard

Post by twistywizard »

There is NO guarantee that you will though.

On £400 you will end up paying the same or more as Tim would sell them for so its worth bearing that in mind before taking the plunge. Can you afford the extra if this happens because they wont release the parcel unless you do

I beleieve also the courier company may add a Handling charge on as well if this does happen!
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

lol yeah tell me about it been there and done that.

I imported a turbo kit, this was before i started the company worth £1500, it came to customs ( one package) and they said it wasn't worth the lowered value and contacted the shipper. Now all suppliers will tell the truth if another custom agency is giving them grief as its an offence and they can get done as well. Anyway they found out its true value. They fined me £1500 and kept the turbo kit. So in the end i was down £3000 with nothing to show for it

So everything now is all legit and paid for, its just not worth it. I don't make hardly anything on parts anymore but this is what you get for price of mind i guess.

Yes if you bring it over and have full value declaired like your ment to your looking at a 33% - 38% addition depending on weight and handling charges etc.

Tim
xxxx
Matty_GTS

Post by Matty_GTS »

Hmm ... something to think about.

Just got myself a Blitz SBC ID3 sent from japan, cost me £270 all in came in 5 days and no worries with customs.

On dispatch note the item was writen on the box and from the name of the company but was ticked as a "sample" guesing thats how they get away with it?
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

don't get me wrong there are plenty of ways to get parts from overseas without paying customs, i'm just making it aware to people that it is illigal and you can be fined for doing it.

Tim
xxxx
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

agree but also disagree
I dont mind paying say custom for 17.5% but dont like postoffice charge 10 to £20 on top, surely they must be a way to pay the tax without postoffice add charge

brought 2 thing from them, they just send them normally and declare correct value custom did not tax it, one is powerfc and other is defi gauge but other people my hks bov got tax from the state

so it is all luck
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

SFLee wrote:so it is all luck

I'd agree with that, I got import duty/clearance/Post Office fee's slapped on my Speedhut dials and was a bit miffed cause others have got through without extra charges :(

Rang up customs to ask why and they said NOTHING gets through no matter what the value/size/weight which i knew was not entirely true as myself and a couple of mates had placed a bulk order of $600 of RC parts from the states as well and the box was nearly the size of 2 microwaves, had the real value declared and that came straight to my door with no extra charges :D The stuff we ordered was over double the cost at the outlets over here or not even available.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

i think there are really clamping down on it now though, i think it also depends what its sent as aswell and the value.

Tim
xxxx
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

So out of interest, lets say you order £600 worth of stuff from Nengun. The documentation is all legit and declares full value of the goods. You get picked up at customs. What are the charges ?

VAT on the whole amount of 17½% ? What is the duty amount ? And what other charges\levies does this rip-off country add ?

Just wondered.

Matt
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

I bought a Power FC from Nengun and got taxed on import. Cost me a total of £17. It was declared as the full amount. But saying that the first Power FC I got was from the states and I was taxed £95 on it!!. That was through Fedex I think.. who usualy always charge you. Even if its just their charge for handling your package through customs.

The Power FC I got from the states was a lower value than then one I purchased from Nengun.... work that one out!

Ive found that items from the States tend to get taxed and I have as yet to get taxed on things coming from Japan. Its the luck of the draw I supose when it comes to these things.
twistywizard

Post by twistywizard »

MY Greddy IC turned up from Japan today via Fedex from Japan and I wasnt Taxed at all.

Also Nengun when you purchase provide you with a Invoice in Word Format, and a small bit saying they do this because of the changing exchange rates, LOL its because if Customs ask you for proof of purchase with amounts i.e Invoice you can alter it to what it states on the package.
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

any one trying for a christmas rush ? surely they cannot tax or check every parcel mark as gift :mrgreen:

Return to “Modifications”