the last mr2 challenge race in 05 at SNETTERTON sunday 9th

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

paul port

Re: the last mr2 challenge race in 05 at SNETTERTON sunday 9th

Post by paul port »

robsgts wrote:what a load of #### this was !! i paid £24 for me and my missus to get in and we were there half an hour . it was fookin #### ,sore about 6 mr2's.

rob

Crumbs!

Well I can confirm that there were 13 MR2's on the circuit during the race!
A lot of us headed over to an end of MR2 Challenge season barbecue for a couple
of hours after ~3pm (The race was at 1.30)

Which drivers did you go and say hello to?

I must admit I spent a lot of between race time down at the chicane
watching the other races!

Paul Car-60 (The Slow Rogue systems one ;))
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Do you know who you spoke to Rob? There were 15 MR2s on the circuit and I know I spoke to a couple of IMOC'ers on my way to get some fuel, but they were gone by the time I returned.

The race was pretty uneventful for me, the highlight I guess was lapping one of the stragglers but I understand that the battling was pretty intense further down the grid. :D

Rogue
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Patrick / Paul / Sarah,

Can we have a brief report? Who won for example?
robsgts

Post by robsgts »

Rogue wrote:Do you know who you spoke to Rob? There were 15 MR2s on the circuit and I know I spoke to a couple of IMOC'ers on my way to get some fuel, but they were gone by the time I returned.

The race was pretty uneventful for me, the highlight I guess was lapping one of the stragglers but I understand that the battling was pretty intense further down the grid. :D

Rogue

hi, i didnt speak to anyone , i did have a look round your mr2's but no one was there , i thought it was just goin to be mr2's there thats why i was a bit peed , anyway had a nice drive down there , gave the tubby a bit of a cain :twisted: hopefully pod next week will be a better weekend ,night racing :twisted:

rob
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Icsunonove wrote:Patrick / Paul / Sarah,

Can we have a brief report? Who won for example?

Breifly...

I qualified in Pole, lost the lead to Simon Hepplewhite in the first corner and regained it again on the first straight. I spent the rest of the race watching Simon drift closer and then ebb further away, lapped car 76, got lapped by the Tommi Kaira ZZ and then finished the race overall seventh; first out of the MR2s. Steve Vince got the fastest lap of the day in his supercharger at 1:32.05.

Hopefully Paul and Sarah can let you know what happened further down the field. :wink:

Rogue
James4130

Post by James4130 »

I was there yesterday and thought it was a really good days racing.

Patrick, i was one of the people you spoke to when you were off to get fuel, i intended to come back and have a chat to you, but by the time i'd had a wander round the paddock the racing had started so i went to watch that.

Congratulations on the win (in the mr2's), i was impressed by the mk2's on track.
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

yes practise at 9 am race at 1:30 and there was 13mr2s racing, i myself chatted to four people one got parked next to me in his mk1a and was talking for over an hour i even invited him to sit in the car and he did so, i have never answered so many questions in my life, we were all dotted around the paddock a bit but it was a race meet no one said only mr2s racing that day :-k , sorry if you got that impression 8-[ i qualified third fastest mainly due to tony gillam (challenge winner) with a sick car after practice his gearbox was stuck in 3rd, so we were helping with that!!!!we got it back and he had a full box of toys for the race, then george taylor had lost second gear and had , ran into peter scratchard on practice, dramatically re arranging the front of his car to boot, we were also helping with this, he didnt get his gears back however for the race and had a wicked drive in the race after a terrible start.both the rogue cars and camper was parked opposite me in the paddock for all too see, and george and peter were just across the way, we dont all sit and wait for people at the cars you know we do like to watch racing and eat sometimes 8-[ the cheshire racing gang were down in the garages and was steve with his supercharger, in all six cars down there, i will post full results tomorrow and a brief race report if i dont get beaten to it \:D/

Return to “Past Events”