Can anyone help configuring Apexi AVCR?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mammoo

Can anyone help configuring Apexi AVCR?

Post by mammoo »

I've recently installed an Apexi AVC-R to my Rev 2 turbo (with a Ct20b turbo swap).

I'm trying to set it up following the instructions and guides online but it doesn't seem to behave as I expected.

If I set the target boost to be 0.8 bar then I can set the duty so that the car will hit 0.8 bar but it would only hit it between 6000 - 7000rpm. Up to 6000rpm it will hit around 0.6 bar. No matter what settings I use, I always get a big boost spike from 6000rpm+. I know the turbo can produce 0.8 bar before 6000rpm because if I set the target boost to 1.0 bar then it will run at 0.8 bar until it gets to 6000rpm and then it goes up to 1.0 bar. So how can I get it to stay at a constant 0.8 bar throughout the rpm range?

I've tried setting RPM-specific duty values so that the duty is higher/lower between 6000 - 7000rpm but it doesn't make much difference.

Also if I change the start duty settings it seems to affect the 6000+rpm boost spike, rather than controlling the initial boost of the turbo.

Anyone had similar problems or settings they can recommend?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”