[Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Grazzy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Post by Grazzy »

swapping the wheels studs on the front for extended ones. need to wait for a replacement bolt to turn up. sheared one :<

think ill take the hub's off and use a press #-o

since i'm doing that going to replace both front wheel bearings & lower ball joints. also give the arms a quick blast and spray.

more pics and stuff soon \:D/
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Grazzy wrote:swapping the wheels studs on the front for extended ones. need to wait for a replacement bolt to turn up. sheared one :<

think ill take the hub's off and use a press #-o

since i'm doing that going to replace both front wheel bearings & lower ball joints. also give the arms a quick blast and spray.

more pics and stuff soon \:D/

Sounds a plan buddy ... nice little front end freshen up cant hurt :thumleft:

:D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Wheels bearings turned up, Had the extended nuts in the freezer since last week, The press got them in no worries. given the hub a quick blast and a lick of paint, Decided since i'm here may as well swap the front track rod ends (inner and outer) The steering rack looks a bit rusty, so need to give that a quick sand and a paint also.

First hubs done, Ill finish the other one in a bit :)

Also the ECU to wideband cables also turned up. so maybe I maybe able to turn it over this week. :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Just waiting on the track rods, n/s & o/s finshed

Decided to paint the rear subframe just not what colour yet, getting to get the arms and stuff power coated next. I'm going to have to stop finding things to do :D summers going to be gone at this rate.

Im thinking about changing all of the old rusty bolts out of the subframe & arms and replacing them with new ones. but i need to track the sizes down first.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Front hubs sorted, Needed 15mm spacers up front to stop the inside of the tyre rubbing on the coil over.

Still gotta swapped the trackrods and blast the arms. fronts almost sorted :D

Just wanted to keep it rolling for the next days or 2. Hoping to maybe try and start it this week.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

The other hub ETC

Also changed both ends of the track rods. also refreshed the steering rack casing, looked like it needed some paint. Ill upload this soon.

Next on the list if the front anti roll bar coming off for a blast, spray & arms also. probs going to refresh the powerflex's bushes on the front also.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Just a quick update, Front end been fully refreshed, Ran into a small hicup with doing the headlight conversion, after removing the o/s headlight noticed there was some grott/rust needing to be sorted out under the headlight assembly.

Ill update this with some picture shortly. I have not worked out how long this is going to take to address. (it can be addressed I just want a proper job rather than a bog it and scarper)

I think i was about 2 weeks away from been done when i noticed this, However Keep on plodding on :D

The good news is, engine is fully installed & fully wired up, New ecu is fitted and wired in. Next week there will be a running video :D

2mad

Post by 2mad »

Wicked ecu / interested to see how you get on with it :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

2mad wrote:Wicked ecu / interested to see how you get on with it :thumleft:

The options in the software are sick, I dont think theres anything out there it cant manage that i can bolt onto the car. :D

Also knocked up custom mounting plate.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Grazzy wrote:
2mad wrote:Wicked ecu / interested to see how you get on with it :thumleft:

The options in the software are sick, I dont think theres anything out there it cant manage that i can bolt onto the car. :D

Also knocked up custom mounting plate.

Looks a sweet bit of kit .... lots of nerdy details please :mrgreen:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Well the hubs are finsihed and looking ace, however im kinda wishing they were still a little bit longer

so the grott on the front end. Well this work is almost completed. replaced the front chassis rails. (the bit what hold the rad in) sections we cut away and replaced. tublaur steel feed inside, welded then sleeved.

They were just finishing this work off, could not get close, the welder was out. Im dropping off parts tomorrow. Ill get some close up's.

Once this has been completed is to stonechip protect the whole underside of the car including the arches, I cant wait to get the wire brush out :D

Just got to finish off the headlights then its ready for mapping! :D

Finally 14ish months down the line :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

They have finished the welds off on the front. :D

needs a light, Quick rub with sand paper & sorted! :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Next thing on the list was one of the front tension rods was looking shot. Ive ordered some new ones which are here, just waiting for the replacement powerflex bushes to show up :)
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Well change of plans, Decided the headlight conversion can wait for a bit longer, going to put the standard back in.

With that in mind where is the build upto?

items still with power coaters just waiting on them coming back, Ill get some replacement bushes sorted and should be finally back on the road.
fahad1417

Post by fahad1417 »

this build thread was fantastic, spent the last hour almost reading this at work haha.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Amazing buddy boy .... well chuffed for you :thumleft:

Ps. keep nerding out ... love all the pics :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Primed the replacement parts should be colour matched to the inside of the frunk.

Had to sand a little off, it reacted to the driver side of the bonnet catch for some reason.

The stuff from the powercoat will be back on Wednesday. Brace yourself for some bright yellow anti roll bars and control arms. I have not decided on the rear sub frame colour yet, but i'm thinking of going neon green.

Next on the list will be finishing off the interior, Its more of a case of putting everything back inside. and bolting it down. Had to make a little mods for the triple centre console gauges, (Oil temp, coolant & oil pressure & boost controller will be replacing the standard clock location in the cab. Dual A-piller pod removed and replaced with a single one, Changed wideband from AEM to Innovate one (AEM seems to be fake or faulty never worked right since owner ship)
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Also forgot to add, Swapping out the Momo Wheel, its been replaced by a sparco one. I need a deep dished wheel, sick of catching my knee on the wheel, ran out of adjustment :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Front end all painted back up has matched very well, Also replaced all the carpets in the inside.

Also the big pile of parts on the floor is everything going to the power coating place. (expect the ball joints) also the anti roll bars.

Return to “Member Profiles”