Recaro "fish net" seat repair

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tubby_tony

Recaro "fish net" seat repair

Post by tubby_tony »

I have the Recaro "fish net" seats in my car. The passenger one looks brand new however the driver seat is worn on the door side bolster. It is not worn through completely but thin enough so that the foam can be seen.

I am wanting to repair the seat but thinking of doing the full seat surrounds, not the centre cushions, in black leather. In fact there is another thread titled "Recaro seats" in this section and the wear on that seat is about the same as mine. It is all the black part of the seat I am thinking of getting recovered.

Any one done anything similar and can post up pics or do you guys think it would ruin the seats?
alanmr2turbo

Re: Recaro "fish net" seat repair

Post by alanmr2turbo »

would ruin the look of the seat and reselling value. :pale:
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

I have the same seats waiting for me to repair the drivers outer bolsters.

I went to a recaro centre in leics and bought some genuine material that the guy was convinced was the correct match but i'm not convinced. I also bought the seat base side sponge.
The guy offered to do the whole job for £350 for one seat including materials. The fabric was £44 and the sponge was £40

I also found this online to help me with the dismantle
http://77e21.info/recarodisassembly.htm
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

"The guy offered to do the whole job for £350 for one seat including materials"

Is that to repair and re-cover the whole seat or only do the bolster and base sponge?
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Just repair. But remember ld fabric will be faded so hard to match.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Would be easier to buy another passenger seat (as always less worn) to use as the drivers seat :wink:
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
gtech

Post by gtech »

tubby_tony wrote:I have the Recaro "fish net" seats in my car. The passenger one looks brand new however the driver seat is worn on the door side bolster. It is not worn through completely but thin enough so that the foam can be seen.

I am wanting to repair the seat but thinking of doing the full seat surrounds, not the centre cushions, in black leather. In fact there is another thread titled "Recaro seats" in this section and the wear on that seat is about the same as mine. It is all the black part of the seat I am thinking of getting recovered.

Any one done anything similar and can post up pics or do you guys think it would ruin the seats?

Hey up Tony, long time no speak :D hope you and the lady are doing well.

We have a guy on the 350 forum who is not a million miles from you, he does car interiors and is top notch, sure he will be able to help you out for not a lot of cash.

His rates are superb. His name is Si and he runs Hide n Seat:

http://www.hidenseat.co.uk/

Tell him I recommended him and you should get a bit of discount.

Will have to have a meal and a catch up...... been a long time
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”