[Mk2] [Generic] Camshafts advice needed please...

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Amebb

[Mk2] [Generic] Camshafts advice needed please...

Post by Amebb »

Can anyone give me some advice regarding my camshafts on my mr2 and its timing.

I have a mr2, mk2 G-Limited auto - import.

The head gasket has been replaced and i am just checking on the timing to get it right.

According to the guides your cam shaft has a small notch in it that needs to align and markings on the bearing cap...

Now, the issue is that on my car, the cam shafts dont have a notch to align it with anything. also, the end of the camshaft where the distrubuter fits in has a groove for that. Both of my cam shafts have a groove.

Can anyone advise me on how i should approach fitting the cam shafts in correctly ?

Thanks for your help.
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'
SonicSW20

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Camshafts advice needed please...

Post by SonicSW20 »

Are they stock cams?
Amebb

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Camshafts advice needed please...

Post by Amebb »

Hi there

As far as I am aware the cams are stock. I dont have any history on the car and cant really tell you what the previous owner did etc.

I can tell you, before the head gasket was changed, the car was running great and i had no issues with it at all.

hope thatr helps ??
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'

Return to “Mechanical”