mk2 rev1 turbo engine into a mk2 rev3 na uk HELP

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tubbychat3

mk2 rev1 turbo engine into a mk2 rev3 na uk HELP

Post by tubbychat3 »

I have transplanted my jdm rev1 turbo engine and engine loom into a uk rev3 na. The issue i obviously face is that the looms will not marry up.

Can anyone help me with which pin to pin or color to color wire please as it is a total nightmare from a my point of view.

I have added a electronic speed sensor to where my old mechanical one was on my gear box. was also wondering how to wire this up to my ecu please..

I have an image of the plugs however i cant post urls yet??
pbmr2

Re: mk2 rev1 turbo engine into a mk2 rev3 na uk HELP

Post by pbmr2 »

have you got the long loom lead that plugs into the passenger footwell?
tubbychat3

Post by tubbychat3 »

i believe i have already done this yes..
i have left this project for a couple of years so my memory's are a little hazy to say the least.

i vaguely remember doing something with the loom that came through passenger side and down to where the cig lighter is..

i have images but cant post them yet as a new member
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

normally the bit of loom I'm talking about goes down by the passenger sill to the footwell under the glove box.

anyway you need to know which rev that bit of loom is from. then you can repin it to fit your chassis loom. it just plugs straight in, just needs a few wires moving around in the plug first to make the correct connections.
tubbychat3

Post by tubbychat3 »

ah.. the wires to dash were for gauges iirc..

I have used my mk2 rev1 tubby "body loom" and i believe it plugged right in under the passenger foot-well, however i will have to go and double check.

do you say it will plug in (passenger foot well) but some wires will need swapping about?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”