Fog Lamps working, but not moving with the steering

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

orangejunkie

Fog Lamps working, but not moving with the steering

Post by orangejunkie »

HI all,

I have a Rev3 Turbo with the steering front fogs. They illuminate, but have stopped turning with the steering. (switch in the up position makes them move) They have been working intermittently for a while, but now seem to have stopped completely.

I`ve changed the control box but that had no affect. I`m yet to spend the time removing them to check but i thought i`d see if anyone else has had this issue before and what they found caused them to stop working. It might save me some time and the air from turning blue!

Any help/tips/experience would be greatly appreciated :thumleft:
rev3gtturbo

Re: Fog Lamps working, but not moving with the steering

Post by rev3gtturbo »

That sounds more like a bad connection from a broken/corroded wire or connector when it is intermittent and then stops working.

I dont how the control box is wired - if there is a chance you could have swapped a couple of wires over then try the switch in the down position as the easiest thing to try. Other than that check the condition of the wiring and connections... I guess any corrosion issues are likely to be at the fog lamp end.
orangejunkie

Post by orangejunkie »

I figured that was probably the most likely thing.

But sometimes its worth a shout out to see if anyone has found a common issue. I wondered if perhaps it was possible for the mechanisms to jam.

It all looks pretty well protected under there. I`ll have to remove and inspect.

:)
kirk

Post by kirk »

I didn't even realise this was an option for the 2. Then again I didn't think it had a second aerial either!
orangejunkie

Post by orangejunkie »

ok....

second aerial??? What is this that you speak of? lol

Yes i believe steering fogs was standard on the GT Spec Turbos

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”