[Mk2] [Turbo] What the max power people got out of a standard mr2 bottom end

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What the max power people got out of a standard mr2 bottom end

Post by Ryan S »

shinny wrote:
sheppy wrote:JD on here is making around 350bhp on stock internals.

I went back to read his thread: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=177504

He's using JE 86.5mm forged pistons.

However this thread does give me confidence that you should be able to make a reliable ~330bhp on stock internals... which is probably going to be my plan, soon, as I'm in need of an ECU and remap. (GT2860RS, ST205 Charge Cooler, Walbro 255 pump etc.)

whoops, I always thought he was on stock internals :oops:
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] What the max power people got out of a standard mr2 bottom end

Post by shinny »

cooper514 wrote:And I'll only be going to Ryan @ 2bartuning for mapping

No you won't... apparently he's moved to New Zealand or something! :(

sheppy wrote:
shinny wrote:
sheppy wrote:JD on here is making around 350bhp on stock internals.

He's using JE 86.5mm forged pistons.

whoops, I always thought he was on stock internals :oops:

Yeah, so did I! :wink:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yep, Ryan is also being very choosey about what he maps these days too. I believe he did some deal to supply ECUs (possibly Motec??) so exclusively maps those. :|
cooper514

Post by cooper514 »

Ok didn't no that anyone no other mappers that good on the mr2s down Southampton way don't mind bit of travelling will be running powerfc what's Charlie like at Surrey rolling road
shinny

Post by shinny »

cooper514 wrote:Ok didn't no that anyone no other mappers that good on the mr2s down Southampton way don't mind bit of travelling will be running powerfc what's Charlie like at Surrey rolling road

Charlie isn't a mapper... I need to get in touch with him to find out who he now recommends :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Ryan is a Syvecs rep, he won't map anything that's seen as a competitor. Power FC is seen as old tech , that why he mapped them off the record.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Odin_S wrote:Ryan is a Syvecs rep, he won't map anything that's seen as a competitor. Power FC is seen as old tech , that why he mapped them off the record.

Syvecs! That's the one!
JD

Post by JD »

Ryan S wrote:JD on here is making around 350bhp on stock internals.

Nah, 'tis forged. 9:1 CR though as far as I can tell, not taking into account the HG - the thickness of which I do not remember off the top of my head :-k

EDIT: ah sorry you guys covered that. I'll try keeping up next time!
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

shinny wrote:
cooper514 wrote:And I'll only be going to Ryan @ 2bartuning for mapping

No you won't... apparently he's moved to New Zealand or something

Smart man. :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”