[Mk2] [NA] Where have my gears gone?!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

luke29

[Mk2] [NA] Where have my gears gone?!

Post by luke29 »

Hi guys,

I own a 1991 2.0 N/A MK2 Rev 1, and I need some gearbox advice...

Earlier today I tried going into first gear when approaching a roundabout. My first gear has always been slightly sticky and you need to be gentle with it (not sure if this is normal).

As I put it into first, it refused, so I tried a little harder. When I finally got first, it felt like it wasn't in gear properly and it was really loose- but it was in gear. I then went into second and then third- no problems but it felt as though something wasn't properly attached.

Seconds after, I went down to second gear. When I did this, I could move the gear stick up and down freely and without any use of the clutch. I could not move it side to side and I am now completely stuck in second gear.

The car still stalls if I don't use the clutch when I slow down.

Does anyone have any idea of what has happened, and what sort of prices I'm looking at to sort this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Luke
madbasshunter

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Where have my gears gone?!

Post by madbasshunter »

I would check your gear change cables are in one piece or even attached to the selector on the gearbox ;) this link will help
http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2-know ... bartid=117
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
luke29

Post by luke29 »

Thanks- again :D :thumleft:
Darkzy433

Post by Darkzy433 »

Got it sorted? what was it?

Return to “Mechanical”