leather recaro's

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

juliankv73

leather recaro's

Post by juliankv73 »

Hi guys,

My dad loves the recaro's but prefers the stock look in the 2.

We've seen a set of leather recaro's on ebay.

Question is this, for those that have leather recaro's, is the leather good quality and hard wearing?

Just like some opinions on the quality of the leather compared to oem seats.

Dont want to be driving 8-9hrs to pick up recaro's only to find the leather isnt great and oem seats are better lol.

Not sure whether to just get our oem seats retrimmed in black with red stitching or get leather trendline recaro's ? :-k

Any opinions/thoughts would be gratefully received

Thanks Julian :thumleft:
CalMac

Re: leather recaro's

Post by CalMac »

They always look lovely in pictures, especially the old part-leather Recaros which came in some Supras etc. I've never had the opportunity to stroke them though :lol:

Loved your Tomcats btw, if I'd had the money =P~
ryan

Post by ryan »

The factory option Recaros were never leather though? Thought they were vinyl?
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

ryan wrote:The factory option Recaros were never leather though? Thought they were vinyl?

The factory Recaro's are Recaro speeds and have the confetti pattern.

I prefer the Recaro EVO leather seats as they are a nice upgrade from OEM leather seats, but just wanted to see what people think of Recaro leather is, compared to stock Oem seats.

I love these recaros.....

ImageImageImage

My old rev5 leather seats were very supple, then I sold them on to put Recaro's in there.

But on our v6 it's not a turbo car and we prefer the stock leather finish but was thinking to change the seats but go leather as an upgrade. :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I have half leather SR5's

They are quite a bit firmer than my confettis were on the sides of your legs, the leather is like tougher than the leather I have felt on stock mr2 seats (which have all been worn) its more like the oem leather in an audi, like my old bosses TT. It seems hard wearing.
Mine came from http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/rec ... d_557.html
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”