rear window removal

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

trunks_mk1

rear window removal

Post by trunks_mk1 »

hi, how easy is it to remove the rear window? does it need to be cut out? as in the rubber seals will need to be replaced? thanks in advance.

T
mk1 dal

Re: rear window removal

Post by mk1 dal »

It will push out from the inside , start from one of the top corners and work your way round . You can still use the original seal when you re fit
trunks_mk1

Post by trunks_mk1 »

Thanks mate...do you know if that seal can be brought separately?

Getting some work done to the car the window need to come out...but scared they may break it.

T
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

I've removed a few, they are actually quite easy to remove, harder to put back in mind, use the string method, every time I've put one back in (twice) the seals are fine , this may be because they are pretty robust or how careful you are removing them.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
trunks_mk1

Post by trunks_mk1 »

cool, thanks for the replies guys. Would there be a guide on here...I'm just looking. Cars going in for a respray so want to arm them with help in case they need it.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”