Sad but needs must

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

flippin'eck

Sad but needs must

Post by flippin'eck »

With very great sadness.. I'm letting my '89 Mk1b go.

White sunroof, blue interior, cruise control.

It does need a whole bunch of welding filling & spraying, brake disks, suspension bearings etc but would be a doable project for someone capable. Everything's present & she's nice and tidy inside.

Unfortunately it's become increasingly clear to me I'm not likely to return to looking after the car properly because of life & time constraints, and I'm effectively just letting her rot in an expensive lockup garage.

So notice has been given on said garage & I'll be giving the scrapman a call on Monday, unless somebody wants to take her on. I don't want anything for her, just a chance of continued life if somebody fancies the challenge.

No MOT / not safely driveable, you'd have to arrange collection from Bispham near Blackpool.
PW@Woodsport

Re: Sad but needs must

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Cruise control eh? That's rare, someone needs to save it just for that.... i have too many projects or i would in a heartbeat.
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

PM sent... :thumleft:
flippin'eck

Post by flippin'eck »

Yeah there's a whole thread on here somewhere detailing the whole process I went through fitting that. Basically the car's already wired for it, one just has to obtain the components (cruise ecu, actuator) & work out the connections. I found a guy in Texas who sold me the bits; it's all original Mr T kit and worked well. A search on my username should bring up some details.
flippin'eck

Post by flippin'eck »

Thanks for your interest guys - someone's agreed to take her on now, so she's off the shelf so to speak.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Cool, hopefully the buyer isn't called Neil Jones.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”