Removing alarm siren from engine bay?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2tourist

Removing alarm siren from engine bay?

Post by mr2tourist »

I am looking at removing the alarm siren from the engine bay. There are no less than three multipin connectors going to it and on removal the car would not start (unsurprisingly).

Anyway; My question is, on the Drivers side there is a rubber grommit that goes into the car roughly behind the drivers seat fairly high up. How would I locate where this comes out inside?

I cannot find anything on removing the carpet covered area behind the seats to have a look and pull it through.

If you were wondering why, just to clear some space in the engine bay.

Thanks as always fellas.
shinny

Re: Removing alarm siren from engine bay?

Post by shinny »

I'll copy and paste my reply from MR2OC given this is a copy-and-paste thread...

There's an elementary question to ask before we go any further... do you have the factory alarm (if so, which revision is your car) or an aftermarket one (if so, what make)?

Also bare in mind that removing / disabling the alarm system will likely invalidate your insurance!
mr2tourist

Re: Removing alarm siren from engine bay?

Post by mr2tourist »

There's no getting things past you is there? :D

In the interests of closure;

All sorted. Wasn't the stock alarm as suspect originally. Just a defunct aftermarket siren.
I managed to get to the grommet without having to remove too much of the car. :D

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”